Lana Del Rey Coachella 2024 | Fined $28K for ending late.

NOW

17 hours ago, Souvenir said:

she's an amazing artist and i love her so much but her fans need to accept that she cant sing

Bullshit. her voice was absolutely impeccable in her concert date that I went last year. The media was raving about it. I think she was just having a bad voice day last Friday. Hopefully it's better this week

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• NoOneDiesFromLove

• TROPICUM

• stjosephprey4us

16 hours ago, Souvenir said:

she's an amazing artist and i love her so much but her fans need to accept that she cant sing

you know what? I wish this would be true. But no... she is a great vocalist and I could post so many clips that prove it.... but it's her laziness that is the problem. She is singing 20% of the songs, let's the backing vocals do the rest. It's a waste of people's money tbh

• Like 2

We really won with that Taylor rumor jumpscare to the Billie performance

Lana performed the same she has for the last how many ever years now, plus the added pressure of headlining.
It is what it is, was it better delivered when she could perform actual effortless long vocals all while chainsmoking 2013-2014 and even talking to the audience? Yeah but she serves other things these days

She looked amazing and the intro is instantly iconic like's been said

• Like 1

Hopefully she sounds better and more comfortable this week once the she's gotten used to this show and the vibe. And hopefully she uses the same look, it was the best she's looked in ages. I wouldn't mind seeing Billie be the guest once again but it's been rumoured that Father John Misty will show up this weekend.

3 hours ago, Living Legend said:

you know what? I wish this would be true. But no... she is a great vocalist and I could post so many clips that prove it.... but it's her laziness that is the problem. She is singing 20% of the songs, let's the backing vocals do the rest. It's a waste of people's money tbh

Laziness,? You can clearly see how stressed she looked throughout the entire set. We all know Lana struggles with mental health. She even mentions the need for a meds cocktail on her song. Of course when nerves and anxiety hit, her voice will be affected. It's obvious she tried to put a great show nevertheless.

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique
  • Like 1

I also saw her live 3 times and all 3 times her voice was flawless.  

5 hours ago, Chemist said:

Bullshit. her voice was absolutely impeccable in her concert date that I went last year. The media was raving about it. I think she was just having a bad voice day last Friday. Hopefully it's better this week

This. When she's on, she's one of the most incredibly gorgeous and unique vocalists out there. It's unfortunate that nerves got in the way this time since this is the only recent performance most people aside from her diehard fans will see. Lana is a delicate soul and has always struggled with nerves, she was obviously feeling the pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Living Legend said:

1 hour ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

This. When she's on, she's one of the most incredibly gorgeous and unique vocalists out there. It's unfortunate that nerves got in the way this time since this is the only recent performance most people aside from her diehard fans will see. Lana is a delicate soul and has always struggled with nerves, she was obviously feeling the pressure. 

Something was def off on Friday compared to her recent shows. It clicked with me that it went beyond technical difficulties when it got to Pretty When You Cry...very jarring to see because she usually nails that performance. We'll see if it's different this Friday but I can also imagine a million things going on in her head besides the actual singing that she didn't wanna f*ck up.

Nice rise in streams day after her show:

GLJdW9oWoAA_3nb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

14 hours ago, ?????? said:

Does anyone have lanachella avis i can use

Im moving on from her BTD aesthetics fr fr

Saw some gifs floating around that you can upload as an avatar and crop.

27af11ca93d9aceb130a9650dc6848d92894bba6.gifv0b7219100e10b81c7bdbcb3f8fdfc27dd1f52ff4.gifv

3124c638d2caed69b09a258ea2a3f1602cb584b7.gifv78048391632e5b9a4891722536024fe4710bb76b.gifv

2b2e46fbcbd59a1c086ea60a44397613c8d4b50b.gifv3b4c1c504ed0a1119a9b8e7aa1cb4a9c6417f2d7.gifv

e0ed36b3b48c8907f305de7c47b29aa4e937d75f.gifv8dd448b9a8dfc32dc36585bb8f63efc753a0f2d6.gifv

6186a20e96774caa84e31ba7e7794c93f82667cd.gifvdd4672d0e1c1557aa63d5df3fed891a8d08f2efc.gifv

859bfd2a57e4ff8960e4ad0eb4a68765d895f817.gifv30ed64383b5503688eb4a91ae1e29fde6c168d92.gifv

84140f3d5aada34b5cfb04af5aaf4c391f721de1.gifv231674ea8be6dba1a26272e7d30fa181beaf48cd.gifv

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

She has stage fright. It's different performing to a few hundreds of fans and different to literally tens of thousands of people and being filmed for Youtube.

Lana has some great music, but she's always been the kind of singer you would rather listen to at home than see her live. She lacks charisma and personality on stage and is not a good live perfomer or a vocalist. It's disappointing, because it's not her first show so you would think she would improve over time. 

She looked absolutely stunning though and it was surely a huge moment in her career.

Edited by Misguided Ghost

5 hours ago, NOW said:

Something was def off on Friday compared to her recent shows. It clicked with me that it went beyond technical difficulties when it got to Pretty When You Cry...very jarring to see because she usually nails that performance. We'll see if it's different this Friday but I can also imagine a million things going on in her head besides the actual singing that she didn't wanna f*ck up.

I'm thinking it was  disappointment.this is the most effort this woman has ever put into a performance in her entire career. From referencing snl on the way in, to filming a hologram, remixing a demo from the cutting room floor, hiring a stunt team and multiple other dancers, a d&g custom made outfit, just for the mic to not make a sound the second she picked it up. The mic issues and her in ears persisted the entire way through. I was heartbroken for her, as a long term fan I could really see how much this one meant to her. 

• Like 1

I love my girl, Lana, I really do, but that performance was a DISASTER. 

Is there any way to see the full performance?

3 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

Is there any way to see the full performance?

Links keep getting taking down but they will probably officially upload individual songs later.

This is the best I can see that's still up, someone just recorded snippets of the whole show on their phone.

• Like 1

The list of things she was manifesting in her early career that later ended up happening is crazy.

• Like 2

i dont really get, so could someone please explain- will she perform this weekend too? how does that work?

3 hours ago, SugarfallB said:

i dont really get, so could someone please explain- will she perform this weekend too? how does that work?

What do you mean? It's literally the same again. She'll do something similar with R&L in august, but instead of doing two shows in a week, it'll be on the same weekend.

Jealous Girl (motorcycle entrance)

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Without You

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠West Coast

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Doin' Time

National Anthem

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Summertime Sadness

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Cherry

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Pretty When You Cry

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Ride

⁠⁠A&W

Diet Mountain Dew

Brooklyn Baby

Burnt Norton (instrumental interlude)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd

Norman f*ing Rockwell

Arcadia

Candy Necklace ft. Jon Batiste (weekend 1)

Ocean Eyes ft. Billie (weekend 1)

Video Games ft. Billie (weekend 1)

Lust for Life ft. The Weeknd (weekend 2)

Snow At The Beach ft. Taylor Swift (weekend 2)

Video Games ft. Taylor Swift (weekend 2)

Blue Banisters

The Greatest

Young and Beautiful

Venice B***h

Lana exits via motorcycle to Venice outro

My setlist edit idgaf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Jealous Girl (motorcycle entrance)

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Without You

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠West Coast

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Doin' Time

National Anthem

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Summertime Sadness

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Cherry

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Pretty When You Cry

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Ride

⁠⁠A&W

Diet Mountain Dew

Brooklyn Baby

Burnt Norton (instrumental interlude)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd

Norman f*ing Rockwell

Arcadia

Candy Necklace ft. Jon Batiste (weekend 1)

Ocean Eyes ft. Billie (weekend 1)

Video Games ft. Billie (weekend 1)

Lust for Life ft. The Weeknd (weekend 2)

Snow At The Beach ft. Taylor Swift (weekend 2)

Video Games ft. Taylor Swift (weekend 2)

Blue Banisters

The Greatest

Young and Beautiful

Venice B***h

Lana exits via motorcycle to Venice outro

My setlist edit idgaf

Add Stargirl Interlude after LFL and we have a show :alexz3:

• Thanks 1

Is the 2nd weekend being livestreamed?? I remember when Gaga did it only the first one was which is a shame because i'd love to see the show but with a (hopefully) improved microphone

Of course most of yall do not know how stage fright can affect your voice while singing in front of an audience, let alone the COACHELLA audience and this time it was a livestream for the whole WORLD to watch because most of yall aren't singers :skull: I used to be a small singer for years and everytime I performed in front of even a few dozens of people (sometimes in front of an audience of hundreds), I sang kinda badly compared to when I was recording in the studio. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Of course most of yall do not know how stage fright can affect your voice while singing in front of an audience, let alone the COACHELLA audience and this time it was a livestream for the whole WORLD to watch because most of yall aren't singers :skull: I used to be a small singer for years and everytime I performed in front of even a few dozens of people (sometimes in front of an audience of hundreds), I sang kinda badly compared to when I was recording in the studio. It is what it is.

well yeah nobody said performing is easy? 

it's not unreasonable to expect professionals to be able to do their job under pressure

On 4/15/2024 at 1:10 AM, Souvenir said:

3 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

well yeah nobody said performing is easy? 

it's not unreasonable to expect professionals to be able to do their job under pressure

I was not talking about performing. I was talking about the people who saod she cant sing like the one I quoted above. She def can sing just not under pressure/stagefright.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.