Jade Thirlwall lead single apparently a Simon Cowell diss

glitch

The Sun* is reporting former Little Mix member, Jade Thirlwall's debut single will be titled Angel of My Dreams and features the line "Sold my soul to a SyCo"

The music video has also reportedly been shot.

And Jade also looks to have taken a pop at the former X Factor supremo himself in the big-budget video for the track, which she has been secretly shooting in ­London.

The promo depicts Jade as a youngster trying to find fame, along with a mysterious man smoking a cigar who ­controls the music industry.

Link to article

*I know The Sun is awful but they've always been pretty reliable with UK pop music information.

Edited by glitch
  • Like 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• glitch

• shark_heather

Already using gimmicks…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

I'm sure the lyrics will be

"sold my soul to a psycho "

• Haha 5

spacer.png

WHACK HIM AGAIN FOR ME JADE 

• Like 4

it will flop either way so the good sis might as well get it out of her chest 

• Haha 8

here for it

spacer.png

if i were her and i saw how my sisters were struggling i would also pull a stunt first thing

no one can't say i didn't try no matter what happens 

ijbol(1).gif.0361a05997472ad778da3d2ecdc8341f.gif

• Haha 6

I feel like Jade was always the most likely to build a cute niche fandom. Perrie, Leigh and the other girl tried it with a wider audience but I feel like Jade might do well in that Rina Sawayama - Kylie Minogue space. The gays already love her and she was definitely the most active in the group on the creative side.

• Like 14

nooooo we needed her to lean into the 🥖ttry and secure that cult audience but at least she's coming with theatrics 

• Like 1

Oh my I'm perched :lakitu:

If her lead single proves she's made a stylistic shift in sound from the final two Little Mix albums, I'm prepared to listen with an open mind.

Will it outpeak boyz though?

omg, queen! come through with this. :WAP:

This girl couldn't be any more desperate. Like, no one gives a **** about Simon Cowell in 2024.

Simon: 

tumblr_inline_pbmquvaFIk1qfb043_250.gif

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 14

I've been here for all the Little Mix solos but Jade was the one I was most excited for. She, in my opinion, had the best on-stage charisma and always seemed to be the one who just got how to be a pop star the most. 

Jade always seemed heavily involved in the creative process of creating Little Mix's music, especially their more recent albums, so I remain perched to see what she delivers. I doubt she'll achieve mega commercial success, but she has the charisma, talent and creativity to build a cult/niche fan base so long as the material matches.

I won't judge anything until I actually hear the music myself, but this concept (especially the MV) feels a little too on the nose nnnn but let's see..

I do lowkey believe this, too. Jade has already confirmed her single is being mixed and the music video is scheduled and she's been teasing "angel" as a concept for a while now. I am intrigued and can't wait to listen. 

• Like 1

Here for it!!! Drag that man by his new face plant sis

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I am a bit worried that this might be a tacky/corny mess though :rip:

For every good idea Jade had in Little Mix, there was an equally terrible and corny one too… I need more Wasabis and less Not A Pop Songs please 🙏 

1 hour ago, bwhansen said:

I feel like Jade was always the most likely to build a cute niche fandom. Perrie, Leigh and the other girl tried it with a wider audience but I feel like Jade might do well in that Rina Sawayama - Kylie Minogue space. The gays already love her and she was definitely the most active in the group on the creative side.

Your post is implying that Perrie has bombed when she hasn't even released yet..

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

This girl couldn't be any more desperate. Like, no one gives a **** about Simon Cowell in 2024.

Simon: 

tumblr_inline_pbmquvaFIk1qfb043_250.gif

Is there a reason you're constantly attempting to drag the Little Mix girlies all of a sudden? 

IMG_9515.gif.d95e15e56df9ead359b7d5a9df6

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Is there a reason you're constantly attempting to drag the Little Mix girlies all of a sudden? 

IMG_9515.gif.d95e15e56df9ead359b7d5a9df6

Where are the drags? :rip: 

She isn't the only XFactor ex act coming back this year with a song dissing Simon... he's going to be even more of a nothing once they're done 

I'm so ready for this :jonny6:

I can see Jade building a great fanbase, she already has the gays on her side. I think she'll have a career similar to Charli XCX, Rina, etc but I can see her being slightly bigger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Your post is implying that Perrie has bombed when she hasn't even released yet..

Oop that was not my intention, I'm just saying it's clear what her intent is when you hear the sound she's going for, Forget About Us is a very easy summer hit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.