Are you hyped and excited for Taylor's new album?

bjorn

Are you hyped and excited for Taylor’s new album?   

312 members have voted

1. 1. Are you?

• Yes
    • No

i'm excited purely for the music, yes. not excited for the millions of articles afterwards about joe or whoever and posts from swifties acting like they know her and know exactly what happened:rip:

midnights isn't what i expected, so i'm going in not expecting anything specific this time. i know no matter what, at the very least, there will be a handful of songs i like 

• Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandNewBrandon

• bjorn

• JoeAg

• Solaria

9 hours ago, Weld_E said:

This is exactly how I feel. I would love a mature and nuanced take on their relationship, which I know she's capable of delivering, but I worry not enough time has passed since the end of the relationship for her to deliver that. She also immediately jumped to 2 back to back relationships after the breakup, so I wonder if she had enough time and space to reflect on her relationship with Joe in a healthy way.

It's like the KUWTK seasons atp. Filmed and recorded months ago and the same tired story released months later. Another season another white boy 

Edited by americanshameless

Yes. :WAP:

and I also can't wait for all of the OTH fumes here. It makes every Taylor release that much better :deadbanana2:

Absolutely! After so many Taylor's versions of old music give me new bops sis the world is hungry for it no matter what atrl says 

No :gaycat2:

only for florence cus i'm honestly oversaturated by taylor's non stop releases nn girl needs to take a BREAK

Yes, very.

album of the year

Not really tbh because I was so disappointed with that Lana "collab" and that whole midnight album. Unless she has a quality song like Style. 

But I'm pretty sure every caucasion person on this planet had already taken a day off to purchase the album the day it's released. And that's MILLIONS of people. 

Edited by TouchinFree

On 4/3/2024 at 4:38 AM, naval23 said:

Pre Midnights yes

Post Midnights no

Pretty much. :giraffe:

But we'll still be streaming and hopefully pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

No. Her stans ruined the hype for me.

Yes

Always am for a Taylor album

Edited by chaeyonce

i mean im a swiftie so of course im excited BUT i wish we had SOME kind of information to get hyped up over....a cover and tracklist is fine but we literally have zero info about the music, sound, or producers and i'd be a lot more excited if we knew a little bit about what to expect

Honestly, no. I don't want her to be overexposed. She needs to take a good 2-3 year break after releasing this.

• Like 1

as a swiftie...

rpdr-no.gif

dgmw, I still love her, but she feels disconnected from it and at least with Midnights we had those midnight tiktoks that I'd watch while I was cruising at cheesman park in the middle of the night

will I be listening on release night? of f*cking course! but am I hyped? tragically no. I'm super hyped for Maggie, Hovvdy, and St. Vincent though!

22 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

Honestly, no. I don't want her to be overexposed. She needs to take a good 2-3 year break after releasing this.

this is also a really good point which is a hot take for some swifties, and I will die on the hill that I agree with it lol

like for real... overexposure IS a thing. I think of myself as a more realistic swiftie than a good amount of swifties (god that makes me sound so pretentious) but like for real. I'm here for her music, and we're a blessed fanbase in that we have SO MUCH to listen to already. one of the most expansive pop discographies ever, it's wild! but yeah, overexposure is a thing and she's not the only pop girl in the world who deserves to be in the spotlight. sometimes it just feels like... she is the only one in the spotlight for prolonged periods of time

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

this is also a really good point which is a hot take for some swifties, and I will die on the hill that I agree with it lol

like for real... overexposure IS a thing. I think of myself as a more realistic swiftie than a good amount of swifties (god that makes me sound so pretentious) but like for real. I'm here for her music, and we're a blessed fanbase in that we have SO MUCH to listen to already. one of the most expansive pop discographies ever, it's wild! but yeah, overexposure is a thing and she's not the only pop girl in the world who deserves to be in the spotlight. sometimes it just feels like... she is the only one in the spotlight for prolonged periods of time

I mean it's basic law of physics. What goes up must go down. But I'm a firm believer that the "down" could be very graceful and strategic. 

I also don't want her creativity to burn out and subjectively that's already happened with Midnights.

Regarding the overexposure; the media and GP reactions regarding the media coverage of Taylor on NFL feels like the beginning of the overexposure.

• Like 1

Not that much. Midnights was a grower for Me. I have Low expectations actually

21 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

I mean it's basic law of physics. What goes up must go down. But I'm a firm believer that the "down" could be very graceful and strategic. 

I also don't want her creativity to burn out and subjectively that's already happened with Midnights.

Regarding the overexposure; the media and GP reactions regarding the media coverage of Taylor on NFL feels like the beginning of the overexposure.

yeah you're right. she sometimes handles stuff very gracefully and with pure reason, but sometimes stuff gets overblown and I'm sure she gets overwhelmed like everyone else. I can't imagine being at her level of fame and having all this pressure in all directions sometimes

and yeah I agree. I love the lyrics of You're on Your Own, Kid but otherwise there's a lot of underdevelopment that indicates some level of creative burnout. as a songwriter, I only really speak in my lyrics when I'm ready to. I've only released standalone singles this decade so far, but I'm working on my fourth EP that I want to release by the end of the summer. I am not spreading myself thin because I don't want to put out something that isn't representative of the things I feel deeply. I think some of the stuff on Midnights feels like retread. it feels like the same feeling of the same instance on several songs, which is funny because I remember her saying that these songs came in sleepless nights. I don't know, I know when something feels most important to express in lyrics and when stuff is a bit less necessary. I respect her artistry and I love a lot of her music, but not everything needs to be said over and over. that's where the burnout has been happening explicitly in my mind from her

and yeah.. I've been trying to block out the NFL sh*t cause I reaaaaallly don't care about sports in general and I'm glad she's happy but I think the music should always be the focus. at least in my mind. I loved hearing in the Folkmore era how she was making those songs with Dessner and Antonoff, that was so refreshing compared to the media scrutiny angle of, say, Reputation (which, don't get me wrong, is a great pop album in itself)

I feel like I have lived 1000 lives since she announced it. I am ...Ready for It

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 8:04 PM, BrandNewBrandon said:

I'm hyped for the threads on here and the Swiftie draggings and Taylor's desperate attempts with multiple remixes and discounts and also the lashings the Swifties will be getting and the meltdowns they'll be having if it doesn't outperform 21 or 25 and the excuses and the continues lack of #1 singles in most countries outside of the US but for the music? Nope. 

I need someone to check in on the sanity and wellbeing of our fallen soldier BrandNewBrandon 

3ee19ad906e1c1ddd9702f2f0cdd1635.thumb.g

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.