Chlöe - "Boy Bye"

kyliefever2002

Idk why people are expecting pulitzer prize-tier writing from what's clearly supposed to be a fun summer bop that's easy to sing/chant along to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dottie Hinkle

• Cap87

• nooniebao

• 99sandthe2000s

sounds like a bop :katie2:

tumblr_n0pka3oqLG1qlb447o2_400.gifv

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, toast said:

Idk why people are expecting pulitzer prize-tier writing from what's clearly supposed to be a fun summer bop that's easy to sing/chant along to.

I don't need a lyrical masterclass but her use of cursing is very awkward, unnecessary and takes a lot of the fun in the music. It almost ruined Pray It Away for me (one of the few examples of the clean version being better than standard). 

• Thumbs Down 1

it sounds so good here

• Like 3

I love how she is performing next week but we still don't have a date. Like chloe we know it's coming out either this Friday or next Friday. Can we just get a cover?

On 4/3/2024 at 4:26 PM, Dottie Hinkle said:

I love how she is performing next week but we still don't have a date. Like chloe we know it's coming out either this Friday or next Friday. Can we just get a cover?

Right. I pre-saved though. Song is a total bop!

Super CUTE!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

The rollouts for this era are so weird, is just gonna drop the cover, music video tease and song in one week like she did with FYS?

She looks skinier 

3 hours ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

The rollouts for this era are so weird, is just gonna drop the cover, music video tease and song in one week like she did with FYS?

High key what else is she gonna do? She has like $0 in label support. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

maybe let it gain more traction on social media 🤷🏾‍♀️ at least she's got Coachella as a platform to push it and hopefully gain an additional audience.

I do find it interesting that Columbia/Parkwood has greenlight a second album so soon after the abysmal sales/success of In Pieces (I imagine the successful tour might've offset the cost of that album - I also wonder if she self funds any of it?).

I did see a decent attempt at playlisting for FYS but maybe they're saving the majority of their financial investment for something the label believes will be more successful. 

• Like 1

a BOP!!!

this will make a great mashup with HEY YA by Outkast!!

On 4/2/2024 at 3:18 AM, Dottie Hinkle said:

Hyper/PC pop icon in the making

I don't get it 

I love both Chloe and Halle. In Pieces was actually a great body of work, it's a shame it didn't get any solid backing from the label whatsoever. FYS is an ok song, and this honestly doesn't anymore special. It's weird how random these sounds are, could she be in a rush to finish her contract?

Edited by stfn

I'm so excited for this new album we just need ONE big hit :duca:please let boy bye gain transition 

I want Chloe to win so bad... but once again, this aint it

After her underwhelming debut album i feel like she lost a lot of hype, but i still root for her

As of the song i didn't like it. She needs to put out more Have Mercys, Body Dos and Treat Mes

• Like 1

i don't like the snippet but i'm gonna keep an open mind and wait for the whole thing. i want her to win so bad 

on a side note anyone know what ever happened with her anitta collabs? lol

Hm. The first time I listened to the snippet, I wasn't feeling it but it's stuck in my head now so I'm looking forward to hearing the full thing.

21 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

i don't like the snippet but i'm gonna keep an open mind and wait for the whole thing. i want her to win so bad 

on a side note anyone know what ever happened with her anitta collabs? lol

It was recently revealed that they couldn't get the sample approved but it was for the best bc the track sampled a Diddy song. The way they would've been on Chloe's head with everything that's going on right now :rip: 

I really enjoyed FYS, this one is going on a totally different direction

hm...idk if I like it from what I've heard from the snippet. Hopefully the song in full will surprise me :doc:

One thing I love about Chloe is that she's not afraid of failure or "flopping". She's going to keep trying and pushing no matter what so I really hope something sticks for her even if I don't always like all her stylistic choices. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.