'Cowboy Carter' CDs and vinyls are missing tracks, fans asking for refunds

Riot

3 minutes ago, Janet said:

It was pretty much expected in the case of PF2 - and it didn't come as a surprise once the tracklist leaked (from the images of the physicals being released)

With Cowboy Carter it's a bit different - B announced the tracklist on insta, then no one knew the physicals were incomplete until people started receiving them :rip: if her team had made it known a bit further in advance it would've been a bit better

especially since Nicki is very vocal on social media and her fans knew that she was working on the album till the last minute. so the fans who ordered her physical stuff knew what they were gettin themselves into, they basically bought that stuff just to support her and get collectibles, not the music.

for Bey, it was radio silence, so yeah it's a scam plain and true.

• Like 1

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• mike_int

• QueenBLadyG

• Blumoon

I honestly didn't think this was that big of an issue considering other artists did it before, but then I saw that her best song YA YA was missing from the tracklist

Now I'd be screaming for a refund too

:suburban:

when she releases the updated vinyl with full track listing and then making the current ones go up in value :ryan3:

I'm not surprised :rip:

40 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

Can they somehow inflate the sales if they have to ship replacement copies?

spacer.png

they're going to make YA YA a single and ship an exclusive 8" vinyl with THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW + YA YA and SPAGHETTII + FLAMENCO on the B-side and ship it out for free to affected fans when the time comes

:gayoncecat3:

8 minutes ago, attention said:

when she releases the updated vinyl with full track listing and then making the current ones go up in value :ryan3:

no one wants the current botched vinyl :suburban:

• Haha 1

I guess the album was originally supposed to be called BEYINCE and she added YA YA and SPAGHETTI to the tracklist last minute but I'm so confused …

Wasn't this album planned to be country ? What does BEYINCE have anything to do with that genre ? Not even the cover gives off the country vibes 

The rebranded album title and cover is so much better. :gayoncecat3:

The vinyl is the OG album as intended. The tracks missing are the more experimental with other genres and Yaya carries two samples that might have taken longer to clear (Beach Boys and Lee Hazlewood). The BEYINCE record actually feels more country without them. 

She should've done just like Taylor with the 3 AM version of Midnights and dropped Cowboy Carter (Deluxe) the same day with the four tracks. It would've saved face and the avoided the fan meltdown

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 5

She said "STREAM YA YA if u wanna hear it so badly and make it a hit"

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

She said "STREAM YA YA if u wanna hear it so badly and make it a hit"

spacer.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Timeless said:

I guess the album was originally supposed to be called BEYINCE and she added YA YA and SPAGHETTI to the tracklist last minute but I'm so confused …

Wasn't this album planned to be country ? What does BEYINCE have anything to do with that genre ? Not even the cover gives off the country vibes 

The rebranded album title and cover is so much better. :gayoncecat3:

BEYINCE is her mom's maiden name. Beyonce's grandmother had a ton of kids but they kept giving them variations of Beyonce and Beyince on their birth certificates and when she complained they told her to shut up and be thankful they even got certificates since they were Black. They were from Galveston, Texas which is a super country place. 

Hence the concept of naming the album the correct spelling of their ancestral name as an homage to what they've been through and their roots. I imagine they ultimately decided to change it because Beyince is pronounced the same as Beyonce and it would be confusing to have two albums named the same. 

• Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, this is very annoying. I'll just keep the limited edition vinyl and CD sealed that I already bought (:dancehall3:) and wait for the "actual" vinyl s:wan:

2 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

BEYINCE is her mom's maiden name. Beyonce's grandmother had a ton of kids but they kept giving them variations of Beyonce and Beyince on their birth certificates and when she complained they told her to shut up and be thankful they even got certificates since they were Black. They were from Galveston, Texas which is a super country place. 

Hence the concept of naming the album the correct spelling of their ancestral name as an homage to what they've been through and their roots. I imagine they ultimately decided to change it because Beyince is pronounced the same as Beyonce and it would be confusing to have two albums named the same. 

It's odd they went so far with the name Beyince that some got printed. Seems like an early idea that it would be confusing to have two albums sounding the same. 

2 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

It's odd they went so far with the name Beyince that some got printed. Seems like an early idea that it would be confusing to have two albums sounding the same. 

I'm thinking perhaps they thought going with the original artwork for the limited edition would make it even more limited, for lack of a better word. 

Not a big deal but it should be acknowledged. Parkwood should post something tbh 

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

Okay but we actually prefer this cause digipacks feel so cheap

Me too but now Rennie sticks out in her discography looking a cheap mess :deadbanana2:

Mess

well better press a new vinyl variant with the streaming cover and she will get my money again

For an album that has been sitting on a shelf since 2019, it's roll out was sure messy. 

:beatfreak:

Can someone tell me why on Spotify the writing credits are "pending" for a lot of songs? I don't remember any major release having this before.

5 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Can someone tell me why on Spotify the writing credits are "pending" for a lot of songs? I don't remember any major release having this before.

In spite of what Bey said, I think a lot of the album was finalized last minute. 

• Like 1

a lot of albums have been doing that lately :deadbanana2: even back in the day when Nicki did the pink print physicals a lot of the tracks were shortened :deadbanana: I remember shaking my ass to anaconda in my bed room and the song just cutting off :ahh: I think CD space was the reason?

if you're going to do long albums like this atleast make it a two disc or just don't make physicals if you can't give the fans the full product. 

Edited by Darn Tootin

3 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

well its better than missing 10 tracks but please, this can't be a new norm :deadbanana4:

Nicki did say PF2 was going to change the industry :clap3: Oh she ATE that 

• Haha 5

every sign points there have been last minute changes. interesting

9 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

In spite of what Bey said, I think a lot of the album was finalized last minute. 

I honestly think you're right given all these examples. 

The physicals having the old title on the spines and discs is pretty messy tbh :deadbanana4:

I do think a version of this album came before Rennie, but it was clearly finished recently.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.