• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• mike_int

• QueenBLadyG

• Blumoon

Is this why they didn't reveal the tracklist for so long? 

• Like 1

Ironically, you all know that in 50 years, this alterative version of the album will be worth more than the standard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. said:

spacer.png

Cowboy Scammer?

Nicki is Bey's ultimate peer?

Hive claiming that the missing track vinyls and CDs are "pre-COVID" and will skyrocket in price over the years?

are you okay sis?

43 minutes ago, LVP said:

Who's asking for refund? I don't 

let's not pretend you listen to these physicals more than once..

Mine's purely ornamental :alexz3:

To be precise though, it's one song missing (YA YA sadly enough), with the two interludes surrounding it. 

Flamenco is the bonus track, it appears on the CDs. 

Nicki broke into the warehouse and deleted those tracks. Bey should sue :coffee:

Honestly, I understand that she's an artist and a perfectionist, so she probably sat behind her laptop revising until the last minute.  However, I would had been pissed too; she should send them discount code for future concert tickets or a few bottles of those hair products! 

However, that tracklist needed Spagetti and YAYA; it was literally too slow to keep going at that pace! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

I guess it's slowly becoming a norm now. It sucks that Spaghetti and Ya Ya are not included since they are some of the best songs on the album. It doesn't really affect me since I haven't played a physical copy of an album in over a decade and only buy vinyls to support my fav artists (and because they look pretty). I can see why some people may feel scammed though.

Jolene, jolene, jolene, I'm begging on you, please don't order the vinyl

• Haha 1

i got the boxset with the CD but i'm glad i didn't order the vinyl yet, i want the horse cover 

hopefully once that's released it will have the full tracklist 

22 minutes ago, ANG3L said:

People actually listen CDs and vinyls? I thought they were only for decoration 

Nobody's (rounding) main consumption of music is by physical albums these days 

it's part of the project's performance art… what's more traditionally American than promising something and then not following through?

:clack:

• Haha 7

I mean she could've just not included those 5 tracks digitally, either, as they were obviously added later

Be thankful

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

5 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

she should send them discount code for future concert tickets or a few bottle of those hair products! 

Word!! We deserve this. 

10 minutes ago, AdrianNicki said:

I guess it's slowly becoming a norm now. It sucks that Spaghetti and Ya Ya are not included since they are some of the best songs on the album. It doesn't really affect me since I haven't played a physical copy of an album in over a decade and only buy vinyls to support my fav artists (and because they look pretty). I can see why some people may feel scammed though.

Why are people saying it's the norm? Isn't this basically a pressing/factory malfunction? I mean it sucks that it happens but is it really that common of an occurrence? 

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 1

All that this is asking for is a shorter production chain due to the immense demand. The fact you need to have the music ready 6 months in advance because of physical production in today's times is just asking to be subject for change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

Why are people saying it's the norm? Isn't this basically a pressing/factory malfuction? I mean it sucks that it happens but is it really that common of an occurrence? 

Chances are, her team either sent off the wrong version of the album or the songs in question were never meant to be a part of Beyincé and were recorded after the discs were already pressed.

• Like 1

the vinyl community is PISSED.

IMG_8556.png?ex=661af54b&is=6608804b&hm=14ea43ef31baf19de0a28492b191fd69d3c26a2aa673a887f1219b86c249ce9a&

honestly, Beyoncé is like the last artist I would think let something like this happen :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Alex said:

the vinyl community is PISSED.

IMG_8556.png?ex=661af54b&is=6608804b&hm=14ea43ef31baf19de0a28492b191fd69d3c26a2aa673a887f1219b86c249ce9a&

honestly, Beyoncé is like the last artist I would think let something like this happen :deadbanana2:

I'd be ripshit, but I'd keep my copy. It's gonna be a sought-after novelty once they fix the issue.

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. said:

spacer.png

Cowboy Scammer?

Nicki is Bey's ultimate peer?

Hive claiming that the missing track vinyls and CDs are "pre-COVID" and will skyrocket in price over the years?

spacer.png

Seek help weirdo

• Thumbs Down 2

and then the cds are jewel case and Rennie was a cardboard digipack so consistency is out the window :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, geddymonster said:

Unfortunately, it's pretty common for physicals to not have the full tracklist nowadays, BUT this should have been made clear when preordering.

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

This. I don't want to see this become a regular music industry practice now :deadbanana: Seems like a way to rush the process or cut costs by pressing fewer LPs (in the case of PF2). 

It definitely isn't common nor will be. I haven't seen this with any other major artist and their vinyl rollout (Lana, Taylor, Billie, etc.) This purely comes from the obvious, things got changed last minute.

Nicki was likely still waiting on features to turn in + sample clearance, based on the CD tracklist. Beyoncé seems like she had a stylistic change of mind and added those songs last minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Why are people saying it's the norm? Isn't this basically a pressing/factory malfunction? I mean it sucks that it happens but is it really that common of an occurrence? 

From my understanding, she had the Act ii: Beyince album concept already completed and handed off for production. That probably took like maybe 2-4 months to produce, and in that time Bey did a complete 180 and wanted to change things up - including the album title, cover, and adding more songs. So they couldn't do much regarding the album that was already being produced, and instead of having them rot, they still released them. 

Just now, period sis said:

From my understanding, she had the Act ii: Beyince album concept already completed and handed off for production. That probably took like maybe 2-4 months to produce, and in that time Bey did a complete 180 and wanted to change things up - including the album title, cover, and adding more songs. So they couldn't do much regarding the album that was already being produced, and instead of having them rot, they still released them. 

Okay if that's the case then it's pretty bad. You expect to have the full tracklist when you buy a physical copy. :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.