• A.R.L

• Bey'Knight

3 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

3 hours ago, brraap said:

Ofc she'll be nice to you if you're working with her not for her 

3 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

to quote the most liked comments from that tiktok:

ctrlgabe-i-mean-let-me-ask-the-audience.

3 hours ago, Mocha said:

of course you're gonna be nice to people who will potentially cook a hit for you :suburban:

actually there has been so many videos of actual every day people telling their JLo-experience i don't remember that one

but a quick tiktok search can give you some of the stories:

and many more

now... of course none of these can proven, and it's all gossip... but several bad stories vs 2 good ones... idk

These reactions don't make sense. :confused:

Hired songwriters work for clients as a service just like people in restaurants, hotels, etc. If the argument is that Jennifer has to be nice to them because they're writing for her, then she "has" to be nice to people cooking and serving her food also since they're doing something for her also. More importantly, if you actually watched the videos, they pointed out that their experiences with other artists haven't been positive. FYI - Christina Milian wrote and sang backup for "Play" and was in the studio when Jennifer was brought in to lay down the verses. Christina said that Jennifer had no idea she was the writer and thought she was an assistant, BUT J.Lo was nice to her and offered to buy her coffee. 

As for those videos of people saying they had poor experience working for J.Lo, if you haven't noticed none of them have ANY proof or specific details of when, where, how, etc. That woman earlier this week did provide proof she went to the same school, but that backfired because people looked up her age and found that she was lying about going to school with her at the same time. :rip: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

I'm always kinda taken aback when I realize there are people who care enough about JLo to either love her or hate her

3 hours ago, Twizzy said:

This constant love/hate relationship with Jlo fascinates me considering everyone simultaneously calls her an irrelevant khia.. how is she a non-event but always a trending topic? :michael: 

She's been A-List name for the past 25 years. It's no different from Cher who hasn't a successful project since 1998, but remains well-known.

3 hours ago, Burn said:

Yep. We know. Just ask Ashanti.

Ma'am, give it a rest. Ashanti sang BACKUP on two J.Lo songs from 2001. Let's stop pretending Jennifer didn't sing the whole song (or that Ashanti's backup on the words "yeah yeah" and "I'm real" make much of a difference):

i mean when you take into account that there are several far more videos of people telling their experience with her not being... such a nice person...

idk! i think i'd go with the gp on this one 

And none of those videos provide actual proof. Meanwhile the "nice videos are the ones who have established interactions with her with actual proof. It's not hard to do the math here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Yes, it did pretty well! She sold it to Amazon Prime for $50M (she invested $20M of her own money in order to make it) and it occupied the top 3 for a whole month

jR5hsu0.png

Wait so she got a $30 million profit for the film and album project? Queen of hustling :jonnycat:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brraap said:

spacer.png

a movie about Jlo, written by jlo, starring jlo   :rofl:

this panned project opened the floodgates. Gen z is NOT rocking with her 

aren't musicians supposed to write and sing about how they feel and about their life stories, and not about popping bottles in the club and shaking ass.. ??

like the hate makes no sense.

Literally no one is forcing you to listen to it or watch it. Most of the people hating on it didnt even listen or watch it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brraap said:

spacer.png

a movie about Jlo, written by jlo, starring jlo   :rofl:

tbh I kinda want every pop star to do this now lol

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

Not when Jenny still has more artistic integrity than most Kpop acts. Keep it moving sis.  :suburban:

The average Kpop idol is a better singer and dancer than her. I can litterally only name one group

that has stolen vocals like she has…

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's known to be great to work around but always to be late. lol 

There are receipts for her being good and people are still like "of course 'cause you worked with her". I can't with all that jealousy people have for her. The fact that she remains unbothered with her man, millions and success and those girls are everyday stressin' to find new things to accuse her. 

"Others" were called out for STEALING the work and credits of songwriters and no one speaks about. Weird.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Read a big expose on her on reddit. The woman is vile, vapid and vain. Her comeuppance is overdue. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

6 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Ok so I listened to your receipts with an open mind and... not that fake ass story about Jennifer taking back tips Vf6RhF0.gif

This is why y'all hate her so bad and are so desperate to diminish her and her accomplishments? :skull: This truly is the cringiest and the most forced hate train in recent years

Not to mention that we could post videos like this about pretty much every pop girlie + it's literally become a trend to hate JLo on tiktok

No you can't. She's horrible. If you're gonna stick by her, at least own it. The "hate" did not manifest out of nowhere. She exposes herself in her own vapid doc but too narcissistic to be self-aware before putting it out there. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

10 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

No you can't. She's horrible. If you're gonna stick by her, at least own it. The "hate" did not manifest out of nowhere. She exposes herself in her own vapid doc but too narcissistic to be self-aware before putting it out there. 

Sure Jan, JLo is a monster and she "exposed herself" by releasing a self centered doc about her own life, something your fave has never done of course :rip: I can't believe the hive has to audacity to try to justify the JLo hate by the fact that she supposedly is narcissistic... Talking about lack of self fave awareness :deadbanana4:

14-years-ago-beyonc%C3%A9-performed-diva

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Sure Jan, JLo is a monster and she "exposed herself" by releasing a self centered doc about her own life, something your fave has never done of course :rip: I can't believe the hive has to audacity to try to justify the JLo hate by the fact that she supposedly is narcissistic... Talking about lack of self fave awareness :deadbanana4:

14-years-ago-beyonc%C3%A9-performed-diva

Try hard as you may, you're not gonna make this about Beyoncé. JLo is the one whose reputation is in the gutter, along with her talent and history of being a nasty being. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, imabadkid said:

IA tbh and I hate to go to the race part of it... but I don't know what else it could be? There's definitely sexism there but it is just so odd. It's not like a few people don't like her, it's OTT insane hate. And she has such a STRONG insane work ethic, it's not like she's one of these pop girls who just does nothing but record 12 songs on an album and expect to make millions and be loved internationally - JLo works SUPER hard and always has.

Idk it's weird.

I definitely feel like her being latina plays a part in it. It's really weird how some people are sooo comfortable diminishing her and negating her status as a trailblazer and the fact that she broke barriers for latino people in the entertainment industry. They talk about her like she is the most talentless/unsignificant pop girl ever, which she obviously isn't.

I can't help but notice that there are some pretty big artists who have a nasty reputation with actual, trustworthy and plentiful evidence of them being nasty to people/fellow artists  and they might get called out for it sometimes but at the end of the day they still are respected for their illustrous careers and they don't get one hundredth of the hate JLo has been getting for years now and for the most mystifying reasons (Ashanti background vocals, one sided Mariah beef, her supposedly talking back tips :rip:etc. )

This and what @Relampago. said in another thread:

On 3/19/2024 at 10:08 PM, Relampago. said:

This thread is so messy, like there's no real justification to be so nasty to one person in JLo's case, but watching people try to justify it anyways is :deadbanana4:

Just say that JLo was randomly deemed a permissible celebrity to use as a punching bag for the strange desire that the stan world has to hate on people, because she has a much smaller fanbase to defend her (unlike other girls) and the narrative around her was to make her the butt of the joke so now people have it in they're heads it's okay to take out their unhinged desire to hate on JLo. Like that's really all it is. She doesn't deserve it at all but somewhere down the line everyone collectively agreed she does and never let it go. 

I know a lot of y'all are feeling hit right now, and if you're offended by someone saying that hating on someone who doesn't deserve it is a bad thing, then you really have to ask yourself why you feel that statement is so offensive to you. 

• Like 1

did she pay this guy for positive publicity after getting lashed on tiktok for weeks :rip:

21 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

This woman does her thing and isn't bothering anyone. Some people just live for fake dramas.

This is too funny because people were saying the same thing about Ellen before she finally got exposed and toppled down.

People are finally catching up to JLo's decades-long bullying.

20 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

Wonder why it didn't translate to people streaming/buying her album

19 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

It's a movie.....

Reveal hidden contents

And this coming from someone who hated the album but understands it from the concept of the film

#1 on Sales Chart on Billboard, and 300,000 tour tickets sold so far (3 months before it kicks off)

'This is me Now a Love Story' It's a VISUAL album (Musical) that many people streamed via Amazon Prime,  also the Documentary was in Top 10 of Amazon Prime.

Soum_designs 💚 on X: "Jennifer Lopez scores her third #1 Album on the  Billboard Album sales chart with This is me now. This is her first #1 album  in over 20 years.

Edited by Tortuguero
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, JO1s said:

The average Kpop idol is a better singer and dancer than her. I can litterally only name one group

that has stolen vocals like she has…

As a Kpop stan myself, that is a straight up lie, lol.

JLo is not a vocalist-vocalist, but she can indeed sing and support her singing voice, which is something the average Kpop idol outside of the vocal line are struggling to do. 

And the average Kpop idol is not a better dancer than JLO, are you serious? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 3/25/2024 at 10:07 AM, Alongoria13 said:

Only unemployed lambs have the time to hate on her on a daily basis

two of them in the thumbs down ijbol 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:19 AM, Weld_E said:

The way she ignored EVERYONE around her told her that her little vanity project was not a good idea, only for it to backfire, proving them all right :dies: 

I guess some narcissists have to learn the hard way.

This is such an incredibly stupid take. 

She made a record about her life experience and put a lot of work and effort into it. Just like... any artist should do? How did you manage to turn this into something negative and narcissistic? 

And she did it because she really wanted to, even though it didn't look like it was gonna be massive chart topper. It ended up doing well as she managed to sell the project for more than double of what she invested and it performed good on the platform.

At some point y'all gotta move on from the fact that JLo had backup singers on some of her tracks some 20+ years ago. It's pathetic. You're pathetic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 2:43 AM, Inverted said:

These reactions don't make sense. :confused:

Hired songwriters work for clients as a service just like people in restaurants, hotels, etc. If the argument is that Jennifer has to be nice to them because they're writing for her, then she "has" to be nice to people cooking and serving her food also since they're doing something for her also. More importantly, if you actually watched the videos, they pointed out that their experiences with other artists haven't been positive. FYI - Christina Milian wrote and sang backup for "Play" and was in the studio when Jennifer was brought in to lay down the verses. Christina said that Jennifer had no idea she was the writer and thought she was an assistant, BUT J.Lo was nice to her and offered to buy her coffee. 

As for those videos of people saying they had poor experience working for J.Lo, if you haven't noticed none of them have ANY proof or specific details of when, where, how, etc. That woman earlier this week did provide proof she went to the same school, but that backfired because people looked up her age and found that she was lying about going to school with her at the same time. :rip: 

This is why I don't understand your logic. What do other artists being nasty to this songwriter have to do with JLO being an abomination to service workers?

:suburban:

On 3/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, tost1 said:

I don't particularly care for her but what has she ever done to be getting all this hate

literally what is this sudden hate train for her just because her new album flopped :deadbanana2: regardless of anyone's opinion on her vocal talent, she's put in hard work across so many different avenues over the past 30ish years. I don't even stan her, i just casually enjoy her music but the disrespect is so irritating to see. her long career speaks for itself 

however I will say a lot of the stuff about her being nasty was from early in her career and could've been true, but like Xtina people mature and change and she's done a lot of good will since then (especially since having kids). her Halftime documentary definitely shows that she's very much a perfectionist tho, so i can see why that could rub people working with her the wrong way

Edited by Scandalous
  • Thanks 1

For people who claim to dislike her, you all sure do go out of your way every chance to discuss her in length. It's giving crazy. 

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 1:53 AM, Bey'Knight said:

Read a big expose on her on reddit. The woman is vile, vapid and vain. Her comeuppance is overdue. 

On 3/25/2024 at 2:00 AM, Bey'Knight said:

On 3/25/2024 at 1:23 PM, Bey'Knight said:

Try hard as you may, you're not gonna make this about Beyoncé. JLo is the one whose reputation is in the gutter, along with her talent and history of being a nasty being. 

You've got to be kidding. Your "evidence" is a thread in Reddit and TikTok videos. There is no actual evidence of her being "vile" or "horrible" or "nasty." It's reallt telling that you believe hearsay over actual evidence. The two peope in the OP have actual evidence of meeting and working for Jennifer Lopez. None of those Reddit comments and TikTok videos have that. In fact, when some of them actually try to provide evidence that they've interacted with J.Lo, they get exposed for lying (like the woman who claimed she went to school with her who someone exposed and she ended up deleting all her videos).

On 3/25/2024 at 3:04 PM, Young Volcanoes said:

did she pay this guy for positive publicity after getting lashed on tiktok for weeks :rip:

These two guys, not one. And if she can buy positive publicity, why wouldn't be pay TikTok to bury the videos? :rip: 

On 3/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, Zendayababes said:

This is too funny because people were saying the same thing about Ellen before she finally got exposed and toppled down.

People are finally catching up to JLo's decades-long bullying.

What "decades-long bullying" are you referring to? Also, Ellen got exposed by her own employees who exposed her to media. There is no actual J.Lo employee who's actually said anything that isn't positive about her. :rip: 

On 3/26/2024 at 5:17 AM, brraap said:

This is why I don't understand your logic. What do other artists being nasty to this songwriter have to do with JLO being an abomination to service workers?

Your quesitonable logic was that she mistreats people who work for her, but she didn't mistreat these songwriters because she wants hits; if that's the logic you're using, she'd want to get good food and service from service workers. More importantly, there is no real evidence of her mistreating service workers. Like where's the video? And since when her entourage complaining about the quality of the food make J.Lo an "abomination to service workers"? Completely illogical. :rip: 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:48 PM, Inverted said:

She's been A-List name for the past 25 years. It's no different from Cher who hasn't a successful project since 1998, but remains well-known.

Ma'am, give it a rest. Ashanti sang BACKUP on two J.Lo songs from 2001. Let's stop pretending Jennifer didn't sing the whole song (or that Ashanti's backup on the words "yeah yeah" and "I'm real" make much of a difference):

And none of those videos provide actual proof. Meanwhile the "nice videos are the ones who have established interactions with her with actual proof. It's not hard to do the math here.

i find it so pathetic that people hate on her because they feel the need to "defend" Ashanti when they could actually buy her music for starters :rip:

I mean, I do not expect unknown songwriters who do not want to burn bridges to... burn bridges lol. There are enough negative stories about her that these two do not discount those.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.