Normani f/ Gunna - "1:59"

hallucinate

13 minutes ago, Armani? said:

You act like Normani wasn't teasing 1:59 on Tik Tok as well.:rip:

Also Khalid's song is one note & a bore even with the Alicia Keys sample 

Y'all are wierd with the excuses.

What excuses? :deadbanana:

I am saying the song Khalid teased was better receieved from his audience and the general public based off of his engagements on tiktok and his comments than 1:59 was and he's put out more content related to his song like 2 videos on his youtube meaning more eyes on the song so of course it's getting more streams. I won't even get into the radio part because I am not sure if it's getting airplay but based on the fact that i see you post on here A LOT, I know you know how radio play affects streaming. Anyways, you may find this song a "bore" but this song has gotten a lot more attention than a lot of Khalid's other's songs. People like it.

Anyways on topic.... I wonder what the video for 1:59 will look like :duca:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonbin

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, remming said:

Anyways on topic.... I wonder what the video for 1:59 will look like :duca:

At this point I'm thinking they might just scrap the 1:59 video. Looks like the camp is moving on to Candy Paint.

Edited by 4RCH1M3D35

27 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Y'all are wierd

EaQX7Hr.png

Now sis, those in glass houses...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

At this point I'm thinking they might just scrap the 1:59 video. Looks like the camp is moving on to Candy Paint.

They might but I don't know since the insiders said the plan a few months ago was to roll out these singles pretty close together anyways. Even if they decide to change their minds on 1:59 being an official single saving the video for release week would be a great idea since it's already shot instead of just not releasing it lol

22 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Defining performances and vision. You've seen Wild Side and you were there when Motivation took off. There's a reason others have mirrored and worked with her team since. She also wasn't the first to step out, Camila was already out. 

To be honest I don't think she ever topped her first moment to this day 

esp since she lip sync the other two songs. Chloe and coco do not do that. Tyla and Tate McRae do not do that and they bring choreo too.    There won't be anymore excuses because there are others who can bring what she does now.  

• Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, remming said:

Anyways, you may find this song a "bore" but this song has gotten a lot more attention than a lot of Khalid's other's songs. People like it.

:duca:

Lyrically it was good, but the vocal melody felt kind of flat for me, I felt the Alicia Keys sample was kind of lazy :rip: I might have to relisten

28 minutes ago, rac7d said:

To be honest I don't think she ever topped her first moment to this day 

esp since she lip sync the other two songs. Chloe and coco do not do that. Tyla and Tate McRae do not do that and they bring choreo too.    There won't be anymore excuses because there are others who can bring what she does now.  

Either way, she did it and it was enough to solidify her as a figure. It also just seems like you do not like Normani that much so why is any of this worth your time.

3 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Either way, she did it and it was enough to solidify her as a figure. It also just seems like you do not like Normani that much so why is any of this worth your time.

that's just it their solid, I'd say the other a bit more so because they all dropped their first body of work first. And have Grammy attached to them.

Like I said first  to which you responded I'm curious to see if the industry has changed and if they can all thrive . It's about to be a very competitive year. who's gonna serve it up best ?

This is doing absolutely nothing. We need CP

This track has served its purpose as an excellent album opener, setting the tone for the rest of the album. Whilst I'd love to see a performance video or some visual accompaniment for it, it's time to move onto to Candy Paint – the true radio single.

I'm sure @Armani? will be tuned in for that. 

10 hours ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped Crayola Paint and even shelved the album given how poorly 1:59 is performing.

2 hours ago, l3disko said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped Crayola Paint and even shelved the album given how poorly 1:59 is performing.

She's already started promoting the album and doing interviews - this is not being  scrapped

:biblio: 

I seriously doubt she's as desperate for commercial success as some people suggest. Considering all she's been through, I think she's just happy to finally release this album.

I still enjoy this song a lot. So chill

• Like 1

Any updates on the streams?

11 hours ago, l3disko said:

There is a lot of things we all hoped would have been scrapped before a Normani track or album. But here you are. And I am OK with that.

IMG_1542.png?ex=6639c01a&is=66386e9a&hm=

1:59 total plays: 1002 

Total Normani plays: 7293 across 10 tracks

When Dopamine is released, I can see myself surpassing 30,000 plays.

:jonny5: 

9 hours ago, Kimbra said:

Normani 1:59 Daily Spotify Streams

1 - 22,791

2 (1st full day)- 877,341

3 - 517.507

4 - 430.778

5 - 409.063

6 - 384.345

7 - 328.839

8 - 406.700

9 - 272,476 (+3.649.831)

Stable which is a very good sign

spacer.png

• Like 1

No one said this was going to be a smash hit, it's not even receiving the proper single push. 

1 hour ago, Exzime. said:

Normani 1:59 Daily Spotify Streams

1 - 22,791

2 (1st full day)- 877,341

3 - 517.507

4 - 430.778

5 - 409.063

6 - 384.345

7 - 328.839

8 - 406.700

9 - 272,476 (+3.649.831)

10 - 200,612 (Saturday| May 4th) [total: 3,850,455]

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

10 - 200,612 (Saturday| May 4th) [total: 3,850,455]

Where do horses live again?

16 hours ago, Kimbra said:

Apple Music R&B Top 200

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Apple Music R&B Top 200

You could have kept this update to yourself.

• Haha 4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nooniebao said:

What exactly is the difference between instrumental and karaoke :deadbanana2: Isn't a karaoke track essentially just an instrumental nnn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.