Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

8 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

Hide contents

Sam's boyfriend said in the end that he called the hospital and both, Mindy and Gale, survived.

Spoiler

Right, thanks. I saw Mindy at the end and managed to follow it afer that, but I was distracted for a minute when Sam’s boyfriend came around. 

Also, the medical technicians did say they were able to detect Gale’s pulse right at the crime scene, so there is that also. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Melissa was truly amazing in this one. I loved the movie. 

As for the ranking: 

1 > 6 > 2 ( maybe current hype I am feeling is giving way too much space to 6, but is equally solid as 2, so there is that ) > 5/3 ( can’t decide ) > 4 

You definitely have to know this franchise to love this one as well. My friend also enjoyed it, but not as much as me, because when you are unaware of everything that is self-referential, you can’t keep up most properly. But it is still good on its own. 

Spoiler

I always supported the way opening scene in Scream 4 was example of shaking things up in subvesive way. 

But this one is subverting the opening scene actually and not just by being a movie within a movie within a real life. 

Both of these reference horror tropes though, so kudos to both.  

Edited by Lemon

I saw this last night and enjoyed it A LOT. It didn't feel like 2 hours at all!

Loved how they dealt with the comedy here. I think the moment that made LOL the most was

Mindy's: "OMG this dude is ****** dead"

It just took me OUT :ahh:

It's funny to me

that the line "i'm something different" isn't even in the movie and i speculated for weeks what it could mean

I went to see it today with my boyfriend and I loved it. It's a bit better than 5, but I love both. I can’t wait for the next one. I'll probably watch it again when it’s on vod :duca:

42 minutes ago, Klarth F said:

I saw this last night and enjoyed it A LOT. It didn't feel like 2 hours at all!

Loved how they dealt with the comedy here. I think the moment that made LOL the most was

Reveal hidden contents

Mindy's: "OMG this dude is ****** dead"

It just took me OUT :ahh:

Spoiler

Mindy at the end as well: “I missed the monologue again.” 

Movie making fun of its own nefarious third act in general. 

I'm surprised how much people love this. It was okay, but in my opinion not better than 5 and definitely not better than the first two. 

The first two kills were fun, I also enjoyed the ladder scene and the penthouse chase scene. Story-wise it felt a bit stale and not though-out unlike the previous films. Also no Sidney no Scream! :tsk:

Just walked out of the screening. That was the first time my eyes welled up and held back tears during a Scream film.

:ghostface:

absolutely loved it. Very tense moments!! 

will do a full review soon.

@Reverse Warholian @Walk_Away21

The unbelievable and staggering amount of C*NT Sam served :ghostface:

THEE Final Girl of Final Girls yeah I said it

spacer.png

I will be watching it this weekend on the big screen, unfortunately, I am not that hyped because 5 made me not want to watch anything Scream related ever again because of how cringy and out of touch it was for the movie that's supposed to get ''the meta'' so I pray it's at least better than that

That being said, this had the better action and attack/kills but 5’s story still tops it

1, 2, and 5 remain the trinity I fear

The gag that Charlie is no longer the worst Ghostface. A true win for that rat I hate it 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

I'm surprised how much people love this. It was okay, but in my opinion not better than 5 and definitely not better than the first two. 

The first two kills were fun, I also enjoyed the ladder scene and the penthouse chase scene. Story-wise it felt a bit stale and not though-out unlike the previous films. Also no Sidney no Scream! :tsk:

If anything, having Sidney Prescott again would make story stale. They already knew this in Scream 5 and handled her part properly. She is still probably the best character in the series, but she can’t revel in Ghostface’s spotlight forever. 

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

That being said, this had the better action and attack/kills but 5’s story still tops it

1, 2, and 5 remain the trinity I fear

The gag that Charlie is no longer the worst Ghostface. A true win for that rat I hate it 

spacer.png

Oh, but he still is. Charlie can’t be topped as the worst killer and that’s an automatic win for any other Ghostface. 

Spoiler

Also, Quinn, just like Roman, faked her death. Nice nod. 

Edited by Lemon

11 minutes ago, R`0`K`R said:

WHO GIVES A F*** ABOUT MOVIES

Now I see something red! :ghostface:

18 minutes ago, R`0`K`R said:

Just walked out of the screening. That was the first time my eyes welled up and held back tears during a Scream film.

absolutely loved it. Very tense moments!! 

will do a full review soon.

@Reverse Warholian @Walk_Away21

Omggg I need to see it this weekend

I just saw the first hour of it.

AND IT IS SO GOOD SO FAR!

:jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

WAY BETTER THAN FIVE AND I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE REST!

THE LADDER PART.

:jonny4:

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

THE LADDER PART.

Did you go to the bathroom to post on ATRL before the second half? :deadbanana2:

The way this intro song will never be topped. SCRE4M did what it had to do. :ghostface:

Finally… 

Spoiler

We have three Ghostface killers, technically five if you count those two from the beginning that were originally going to target Tara. A ghostface killing another ghostface was something I’ve always wanted to see! 

Spoiler

I was disappointed by the ending somewhat. Gale and Chad should’ve stayed dead. Sam’s hookup should’ve also died too or at least attacked. I’m glad Kirby survived. There’s so much stories to tell with her! I’m excited to see what’s next for Scream 7. I kinda have an idea on how Sidney could get involved again, but I think it should be saved for Scream 8. 

I definitely need to watch this again. 

19 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Finally… 

Hide contents

We have three Ghostface killers, technically five if you count those two from the beginning that were originally going to target Tara. A ghostface killing another ghostface was something I’ve always wanted to see! 

Hide contents

I was disappointed by the ending somewhat. Gale and Chad should’ve stayed dead. Sam’s hookup should’ve also died too or at least attacked. I’m glad Kirby survived. There’s so much stories to tell with her! I’m excited to see what’s next for Scream 7. I kinda have an idea on how Sidney could get involved again, but I think it should be saved for Scream 8. 

I definitely need to watch this again. 

Spoiler

I can kind of agree regarding Gale, but then again I am she pulled through, especially after her saying “Tell Sidney he never got me.”

However, I am glad Chad got to live - he is basically the most likable of the bunch and I also felt he is a goner after being attacked by two Ghostfaces at the same time, so glad he also pulled through a la Dewey in Scream 2. 

Loved this film. Honestly feels so refreshed and love everything they did. 

I’ll need to take some time to think about my new Scream ranking. 

I enjoyed this a lot; it was a huge improvement from the S5. Kirby had just enough screen time and the pacing was excellent. 

What I didn't like (MAJOR SPOILERS - DO NOT open if you haven't seen it):

Spoiler

The overly obvious detective's nerdy son being one of the killers. Like really? And we thought Richie was way too obvious. 

The recycled Mrs Loomis revenge motive. Like come up with something else. 

Mindy being attacked and stabbed repeatedly and the next scene she's completely fine lol

The entire core 4 living. At least one of them should have died. 

Overall, a great popcorn flick. 

S2

S1

S4

S7

S3

S5

1 hour ago, Chris said:

THE LADDER PART.

Girl WATCH the movie. Atrl can wait :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.