Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

i was kind of here for kirby acting weird though?

Spoiler

it made it more believable when they got the call saying she went off the rails since the events in 4 and that she's the killer 

spacer.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it. I did laugh when gale said “ I know where they’re getting the masks from “ tho. I wish they were nicer to her also because she’s such an icon in this franchise. I feel like they **** on her so much in 5 and 6. But love it and have it in HD if you need a link hmu. 

Edited by God_Donna
Mess

the way everyone low key was serving terrible acting except jenna

xFacXB4.thumb.gif.87aa8541fb1193ecffea7d

4 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Why did they get rid of Kirby’s butch cut 

Radio Silence you will never be famous 

spacer.png

The way Kirby was out-lesbianed by Mindy and even out-copped by Sherriff Ju-Dee

spacer.png

SPOILER ALERT VIDEO:

Spoiler

people honestly need let go of the Stu theory, HE’S DEAD!!

Mrs. Carpenter is going to be the killer in the next film, just watch

I just know whichever actress they cast is gonna serve camp

Bookmark me 

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

6 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Mrs. Carpenter is going to be the killer in the next film, just watch

I just know whichever actress they cast is gonna serve camp

Bookmark me 

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

Nah, Sam only kills for good, why randomly kill people…

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

Kind of accurate. Even Courtney was serving parody at some points :rip:.

One problem I have is that that they were safe with the kills, this time around.

They didn't kill anyone the audience would care about. Just the newbies who are basically cannon fodder. 

Just watched it and I’m gonna say something I never thought I’d say.. Scream 6 is the best Scream movie since the original :mandown:

9 minutes ago, Yog said:

Nah, Sam only kills for good, why randomly kill people…

spacer.png

I meant Sam and Tara’s mom, not Sam

wbk Sam is on the good side… their mom tho? She’s gonna be a killer, I just know it 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

I meant Sam and Tara’s mom, not Sam

wbk Sam is on the good side… their mom tho? She’s gonna be a killer, I just know it 

spacer.png

They need to cast a big Latina actress and keep her role top top secret

No scenes in the movie until the end once the first Ghostface is killed and then another one appears, takes off their mask and Queen Sam goes “Mom!?”  

spacer.png

Seeing this in 3 hours :gaycat1:

My overall thoughts:

Overall, I kind of have similar sentiments as I did with Scream (2022) with regards to the film. There were some great moments, but these directors/writers are purely in it for the fan service. The writing itself was pretty weak and I feel on rewatch the flaws will be even more apparent. Ironically, they seem to want to just churn out sequels until the entire franchise is dead in the ground. The fact that we will probably get Scream 7 next year feels like just another rehash of the same tropes. In particular, they don't seem to realise that less is more when comes to the writing.

It was fun though and Sidney wasn't really missed. 

I'm just not a big fan of these directors. I didn't like Ready Or Not either. They have some great ideas, but it doesn't always translate well on the big screen.

Spoiler

I have a lot of initial thoughts:

Positives:

• Sam's Arc was great throughout the film. Melissa was great throughout - I definitely feel I can root for her. The first scenes of her and Tara were really well done. Especially the introductions to Anika and Quinn.
  • I actually really liked Anika. Despite her short screen time, her actress really made the most with it. I thought she was great. 
  • Tara punching Gale was great.
  • The subway scene was pretty great for the most part.
  • The 7/11 store was scene was pretty good too. 
  • The ladder scene was pretty cool, especially when Ghostface was shaking it. Ghostface shaking the ladder was probably the best moment in the film.
  • I also liked Sam, Tara and Chad's chase in the theatre.
  • The reveal that there are two Ghostfaces when Chad was attacked was pretty great. 
  • OMG Chad, Danny, The Therapist, The Officer, Gale's Booty Call can all get it :WAP:
  • I thought that the fact there were three killers was cool. I called Quinn and the Officer. However, I thought Ethan was just a red herring.
  • I thought it was pretty cool that their motives were pretty much the same as Ms. Loomis from Scream 2. But also I'm also slightly underwhelmed by it. 
  • Gale's entire attack scene was great. I actually never realised she had never been called by Ghostface before :skull:
  • It was nice seeing Kirby again. But she really wasn't needed.
  • I actually liked the subtle nods in the script to Scream 2.
  • The acting was better than Scream (2022).
  • I'm glad Gale and Kirby survived.

Negatives:

• I know Ghostface is meant to surprise attack everyone, but he really does come out of nowhere. The opening, just before the 7/11 scene. You would think you could see him around you. 
  • The Opening was absolute TRASH. What a waste of Samara Weaving. The scenes following with the decoy killer was just as bad too.
  • How did Ghostface escape the Apartment if Tara and Chad were right outside the door? Same goes to Quinn's body.
  • The Ghostface dialogue from this film and Scream (2022) have been terrible. You just need to go back to Scream 4 to realise that they don't really know what to write for the phone calls.
  • The subway scene where Ghostface kept disappearing in the dark felt so stupid to me. I know what effect they were going for, but you would clearly see him.
  • Chad should have remained dead. He literally got attacked the same was as Dewey, if not worse.
  • Kirby's wig.
  • The entire Central Park scene was terrible. 
  • They made it so obvious that Quinn and the Officer were the two killers. It was so predictable. It was pretty much the case where the less said, the more impact. I was whelmed by their motives, but it wasn't anything special.
  • The sound effects are so overdone. Especially in Anika's fall. 
  • Again similar to Scream (2022), these characters get attacked one moment, and then are acting pretty normal 5 minutes later as if they don't have any wounds. Mindy was the biggest culprit of this.
  • The whole fact that the officer duped his daughter's body was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Also the fact there were no background check on him being Ritchie's father. :deadbanana4:
  • The killers randomly knocking out Kirby off screen rather than killing her made no damn sense. 
  • There were a lot of useless deaths in this. Eg. Samara Weaving's character, the decoy killer and his friend, the Therapist. It seemed they were purely put in to keep the kill count high.
  • Mindy explaining the rules again was just pure cringe, as was her scene with Kirby.
  • The apartment attack was cool when they barricaded themselves in the bedroom. But before when Anika and Mindy was attacked was so badly directed/though out. Sam taking 10 minutes to find a weapon to attack Ghostface with was so annoying.
  • You would think after Scream (2022) they would get rid of the Billy Hallucinations but now they're back. It completely ruins the film. You could leave them out and it would have a bigger impact.

My biggest gripe with the film is that directors/writers don't necessarily understand less is more. You don't have to mention or show everything to get it across to the viewer. We're not stupid and more or less can join the dots ourselves. For example, the Billy hallucinations explicitly mentioned how Sam is a killer, or Quinn and her father mentioning they lost a family member. Not everything has to be so obvious. A good moment of this was when Kirby was staring at Jill's outfit from Scream 4. 

Scream (1996) > Scream 4 > Scream 2 > Scream (2022) = Scream 6 > Scream 3

Edited by Cottonmouth

Scream (1996) > Scream 2 > Scream 6 > Scream 4 = Scream 3 > Scream (2022)

1 hour ago, FunCoric said:

Jenna is too talented, she makes all the others look bad :celestial5: .

Edited by Broken

wtffff i didn’t realise hayden voices kairi in kingdom hearts :deadbanana4:

Did anyone get the AMC cups with the figures? They're amazing In person. We've been so blessed as Scream fans

THIS POST CONTAINS MOVIE SPOILERS. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.

Is Detective Bailey actually one of the killers or did he just help and orchestrate them?

Just now, Chris said:

THIS POST CONTAINS MOVIE SPOILERS. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.

Hide contents

Is Detective Bailey actually one of the killers or did he just help and orchestrate them?

he actually did most of the killings. Quinn and Ethan attacked people, but barely killed anyone

that was really good! they really threw me off with the ending reveal! opening was a gag and ending was a serve! what more could you want:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.