Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

10 hours ago, Peroxide said:

At the end of the day… if Dua keeps the quality up then she'll be fine.

These are my thoughts. At this point we know that this album is underperforming compared to Future Nostalgia but the music is good, very good. :duck:

• Like 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Peroxide said:

At the end of the day… if Dua keeps the quality up then she'll be fine.

These are my thoughts. At this point we know that this album is underperforming compared to Future Nostalgia but the music is good, very good. :duck:

8 hours ago, sweet said:

TS was 100% the lead. They switched it up last minute because they felt that Houdini was a better introduction to the era.

The original TS video also wasn't completely finished at the time of the lead change. I've never seen it though 

Thank god for that switch cause Houdini is THAT girl and TS is not :thing:

• Thanks 4

I've got a feeling that she'll drop Radical Optimism (Extended) as well. Or at least that's what I'm hoping:bird:

I was completely out of the loop, because why am I just now finding out there's an extended version of Houdini with new lyrics? :jonny:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

Thank god for that switch cause Houdini is THAT girl and TS is not :thing:

I feel like TS is a weird choice for a lead. It's an ear worm for sure but the metaphor of a "training season" is literally confined to one line and does carry throughout the song which is predominantly about dating. Always felt like an odd choice to launch your album with.  Houdini was always a more viable option. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

I feel like TS is a weird choice for a lead. It's an ear worm for sure but the metaphor of a "training season" is literally confined to one line and does carry throughout the song which is predominantly about dating. Always felt like an odd choice to launch your album with.  Houdini was always a more viable option. 

??

• Like 1

I'll be in London in the end of May. Hope she's there doing some promo so I can see her, but she'll probably be in Ibiza or some other beach taking another vacation :mandown:

Edited by Migs

Illusion mv serving great pool, beautiful pool but at least shes giving us something

19 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

I feel like TS video was the only big mistake this era so far. Such a cheap and boring video for an actual earworm of a song (as your correctly said) felt anticlimactic, it was like an excitement killer. Not saying that the song would've performed completely different but idk that tragedy of a video shifted something in the wrong way. She needs to get back on track with the next ones 

I actually love the TS video concept. It's an accurate representation of what it feels like for a single straight woman who is interested new relationships. But... the video doesn't have many key aspects of a good pop video: choreo, looks, budget. I think it was a poor execution of a good idea - maybe because the original video was scrapped. 

Edited by Soul Glitch

Great pools, beautiful pools

1 hour ago, Joesuxx said:

and the metaphor of houdini carries through the whole song? :confused:

Houdini was instant for me. A smash in every sense. Training Season didn't impress me much initially, but one random day it clicked with me and I don't know why. Now I listen to it often in the gym. The Chloe Caillet remix is also great and suits the psychedelic vibe she said she was going for with the album.

I wonder when we'll get track lengths… :keir:

37 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

and the metaphor of houdini carries through the whole song? :confused:

Well yeah, lyrically speaking Houdini is about ghosting throughout, Houdini being an escape artist it carries. Nothing about needing someone to hold her  really explores nor implies a "training season". It's just thrown in there cuz it's sounds edgy and catchy. It's cute, the performances were a serve but for me it just feels like one of her weaker songs, and I'm glad it wasn't the lead with that video. 

Dua shooting the video at the Slow pool, she is so #real

:ryan3:

10 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Well yeah, lyrically speaking Houdini is about ghosting throughout, Houdini being an escape artist it carries. Nothing about needing someone to hold her  really explores nor implies a "training season". It's just thrown in there cuz it's sounds edgy and catchy. It's cute, the performances were a serve but for me it just feels like one of her weaker songs, and I'm glad it wasn't the lead with that video. 

Girl I think you just don't understand what the term means :skull: which is ok but lol

imo

houdini is better than dsn 

training season is better than cool

illusion sounds better than hallucinate already 

im not sure if she will be able to surpass physical, levitating and love again but we have nothing to worry about 

Illusion should have been the second single instead of that boring Training Season thing :coffee2:

Edited by Drowned8World
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You just know she's scamming the record label to pay for her vacations because why would you go all the way to Spain to film a basic dance video next to a pool. A talented mastermind.

Edited by tost1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, tost1 said:

You just know she's scamming the record label to pay for her vacations because why would you go all the way to Spain to film a basic dance video next to a pool. A talented mastermind.

Where to next?!

tost1

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Where to next?!

tost1

Latin America for the Maria video 

• Haha 2

when her next music video is just her doing a roadtrip vacation vlog on ibiza

• Haha 3

Training Season is still serviceable radio fodder 4 me, and for how vividly I remember reading Kev's Wikipedia page, about him badly wanting to produce pop music in the vein of Britney, & being lucky to EXPERIENCE thee joyride that is his Currents album, I'm kinda disappointed because TS is severely lacking in the necessary quirks & niblets to really SUCK the dopamine out of me - it's just a tad bit plain. She should of brought back Ian or the Levitating crew to add some color.

As for now, I'm slowly accepting the fact that Dua WILL be Kevin's patient zero guinea pig of Pop, so i've tempered my expectations for RO.

Edited by theoghon
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.