Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Ok so I combined both snippets to make the whole final chorus, along with an extended ending that would probably be on a cute extended mix and this song is gonna DEVOUR :jonny5:

https://voca.ro/1g0fDAJ9YUin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

Ok so I combined both snippets to make the whole final chorus, along with an extended ending that would probably be on a cute extended mix and this song is gonna DEVOUR :jonny5:

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solaria said:

Me trashing the Illusion snippet and going on a whole ass rant vs it being stuck in my head 2 days later

literally same, I was an OIH when the snippet got released but she won me over OH DUALLAH

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

literally same, I was an OIH when the snippet got released but she won me over OH DUALLAH

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

I already need an Extended version of this. I hope we get one just like the other singles.

• Like 1

@BlackoutZone @sweet I'm sorry I know this has been discussed already but it just keeps bugging me, is it 100 % confirmed that TS was supposed to be the lead? Because my theory is that they filmed the og video for it in advance to release as a second single, and insiders thought it was supposed to be the lead because of the buzz that it was an expensive, flashy video. Houdini just makes much more sense as a lead to me

Okay why does the Illusion snippet keep playing in my head. 

If the full song is good it might be my favorite over Houdini

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Solaria said:

Me trashing the Illusion snippet and going on a whole ass rant vs it being stuck in my head 2 days later

Instant click for me. Hopeful that she delivers on the rest of the track.

15 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Okay why does the Illusion snippet keep playing in my head. 

If the full song is good it might be my favorite over Houdini

I was thinking the same but with Training Season. 

Training Season is my favorite Dua song ever. But the Illusion snippet is so addicting it may take the spot of my favorite :dancehall:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

What a f banger 

Mother is feeding us

Is such a shame it will flop hard though.  Well hopefully it will do better than TS but for sure it will do worse than Houdini

• Like 1

I TOLD ya'll that you'd wake up and realise this is a whole ass BOP.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

What a f banger 

Mother is feeding us

Is such a shame it will flop hard though.  Well hopefully it will do better than TS but for sure it will do worse than Houdini

I really don't know about the states but I can see Europe LOVING this…

This could be our Physical - and I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I really don't know about the states but I can see Europe LOVING this…

This could be our Physical - and I'm fine with that.

Eeeh to compare with Physical im not sure , physical was massive in Europe and she was in her strongest era . I would hope for BMH European kind of success,  seeing how TS flopped . Depends also how much they will push for it 

The states will not even touch this 

Edited by shark_heather

At the end of the day… if Dua keeps the quality up then she'll be fine.

I originally expected them to maybe push a promo single and then have single 3 launch with the album release… but now I think they'll see which track resonates the most once the album comes out… they'll throw a remix on it and give it a slow and steady Levitating-esque push.

I am hoping she'll do some droplets for international markets… (similar to Fever etc)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

This f*cking slaps omg :WAP:

Houdini to open the RO tour and Illusion to close as the encore :jonny:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solaria said:

@BlackoutZone @sweet I'm sorry I know this has been discussed already but it just keeps bugging me, is it 100 % confirmed that TS was supposed to be the lead? Because my theory is that they filmed the og video for it in advance to release as a second single, and insiders thought it was supposed to be the lead because of the buzz that it was an expensive, flashy video. Houdini just makes much more sense as a lead to me

TS was 100% the lead. They switched it up last minute because they felt that Houdini was a better introduction to the era.

The original TS video also wasn't completely finished at the time of the lead change. I've never seen it though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, sweet said:

because they felt that Houdini was a better introduction to the era.

I mean we can criticize her new team all we want, but i feel like they definitely had the right intuition with this one

• Like 5

Do the insiders know if we're also getting an extended version for Illusion? 

18 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

I could do this dance all night 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

For some reason TS is hitting me hard rn. That intro is subtly infectious tbh. Then it just want you to listen to it more and more. An actual earworm. I believe this would have smashed with a better MV like Levitating.

Edited by Jude
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jude said:

For some reason TS is hitting me hard rn. That intro is subtly infectious tbh. Then it just want you to listen to it more and more. An actual earworm. I believe this would have smashed with a better MV like Levitating.

I feel like TS video was the only big mistake this era so far. Such a cheap and boring video for an actual earworm of a song (as your correctly said) felt anticlimactic, it was like an excitement killer. Not saying that the song would've performed completely different but idk that tragedy of a video shifted something in the wrong way. She needs to get back on track with the next ones 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, sweet said:

TS was 100% the lead. They switched it up last minute because they felt that Houdini was a better introduction to the era.

The original TS video also wasn't completely finished at the time of the lead change. I've never seen it though 

thanks for always spilling omg

6 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

She needs to get back on track with the next ones 

unfortunately I doubt it. but as long as we keep getting dance videos rather than 3 minutes of her sitting, I won't complain anymore

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.