Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

39 minutes ago, dripangelic said:

do you think more european dates will be announced later this summer?

I'm debating whether I should go to Wembley or just wait, taking into account that, a few months ago, an Italian newspaper reported that negotiations for a date at San Siro Stadium (Milan, Italy) were underway.

however, I do understand that perhaps they want to put the spotlight on the Wembley show since it's very prestigious.

I'm just deeply confused by this method of releasing tour dates in bits and pieces.

What? Negotiations for a date at San Siro, right next to me?? Jeez if that's true I'm gonna go crazy (and it's the same stadium where Taylor is singing this july too!)

Edited by RoughOperator

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

So no new single? Honestly I just want TW with a colorful video and that's it before we move on to what's next

She said she filmed a music video 1 month ago and apparently it's for Falling Forever, but an announcement still needs to be made. I honestly don't know the **** they're waiting for :coffee2:

And yeah, I also agree that announcing tour dates like this is super strange.

Edited by Migs

I love this album so ******* much i really don't care anymore. Dua did that :cries: 

1 hour ago, Migs said:

She said she filmed a music video 1 month ago and apparently it's for Falling Forever, but an announcement still needs to be made. I honestly don't know the **** they're waiting for :coffee2:

And yeah, I also agree that announcing tour dates like this is super strange.

Everything has been managed piss poorly this era.

TAP must be rolling in their office. 

1 hour ago, katara said:

Everything has been managed piss poorly this era.

TAP must be rolling in their office. 

Completely! So much potential thrown right in the trash. I always wondered how the era would've turned out if TAP was in charge. :jonnycat:

8 minutes ago, Migs said:

Completely! So much potential thrown right in the trash. I always wondered how the era would've turned out if TAP was in charge. :jonnycat:

Well it would be a completely different album. Ben didn't want her to make a whole album with Kevin Parker

Supposedly she recorded an album full of Ian Kirkpatrick bops before she switched to Kevin. I wonder if TAP took the rights to these songs when they left or if she can still release some. 

Edited by katara

So the album went from 4M daily streams to 10M after the Glastonbury show, and it's back to 4.3M daily streams again.

They completely wasted the momentum to release/push something. 

Edited by halcyonday
  • Like 5

She really said "**** yall, you wanted coherence, here's your leather outfit on a beach aesthetic"

5 hours ago, dripangelic said:

do you think more european dates will be announced later this summer?

I'm debating whether I should go to Wembley or just wait, taking into account that, a few months ago, an Italian newspaper reported that negotiations for a date at San Siro Stadium (Milan, Italy) were underway.

however, I do understand that perhaps they want to put the spotlight on the Wembley show since it's very prestigious.

I'm just deeply confused by this method of releasing tour dates in bits and pieces.

I don't trust these newspapers. Two years ago they said they were negotiating dates with The Weeknd and Beyoncé for San Siro in Milan and Stadio Olimpico in Rome, they ended up booking Ippodromo for The Weeknd and Beyoncé didn't tour Italy at all :rip: anyways I'm waiting because I don't see her skipping Italy.

1 hour ago, tost1 said:

I WANT A GOD DAMN AMSTERDAM DATE, I DIDN'T KEEP THIS UGLY AVI FOR SO LONG TO HAVE TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SEE HER

GO TO HELL DU(K)A(GJIN) LIPA

Babe an Amsterdam date is a given as the rising sun (in your avi)

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

So the album went from 4M daily streams to 10M after the Glastonbury show, and it's back to 4.3M daily streams again.

They completely wasted the momentum to release/push something. 

It didn't? It jumped to like 5,5-6M. And also that 4,3M is a Sunday update.

22 minutes ago, katara said:

It didn't? It jumped to like 5,5-6M. And also that 4,3M is a Sunday update.

What? I swear I saw it at 10M on kworb :rip: maybe it was bugged

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

What? I swear I saw it at 10M on kworb :rip: maybe it was bugged

nnnn yeah must have been a temporary bug

What if Dua is only doing big cities Stadiums

Cities & Venues that come to my mind

UK - Wembley Stadium

Paris - Stade De France

Munich - Olimpiastadion

MIlan - San Siro

Amsterdam - Johan Cruff Arena 

Stockholm - Friends Arena

New York - Metlife Stadium

Los Angeles - Sofi Stadium

Las Vegas - Allegaint Stadium

Chicago - Soilder Field

Miami - Hard Rock Stadium

Toronto - Rogers Center

Mexico - Foro Sol

Buenos Aires - River Plate

Santiago - Estadio Nacional

Rio de Janeiro - Estadio Nilton Santos

Sao Paulo - Allianz Parque

:gayalipacat3:

I can't tell you how much I HATE that image she used for the Wembley show. It's such a hideous face on a gorgeous girl. Constipated 

• Haha 1

So many stans on twitter switched on her during this era, guess they were FN stan more than a Dua Lipa stan. Radical Optimism might not be her best work but it's far from being ****. 
I guess I love her voice more than her actual music, that's why I like most of her songs. Love her nerdy yet confident personality tho! I'm stuck with her for life and I am not complaining…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism (5,066) (3,086 physical, 370 downloads, 1,610 streaming)
9 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia ^
13 Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa ^ (1,901)

She's kinda slaying the UK Midweeks with all albums returning to top 20 and a possibility of RO going back to #1. She probably will fall a lot of positions until Friday, but the demand exists. :clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjspy said:

#108 (+23) Training Season

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Say_Yes_to_Heaven.png

In Godlipa we trust

spacer.png

2 hours ago, tjspy said:

#108 (+23) Training Season

Month 5 of our 6 month novena

8 hours ago, Migs said:

I honestly think it still would have underperformed in general but there would be substantially more stan world interest and the era itself would be way more exciting.

I don't think there's much TAP could have done to make the music connect with the GP, but they would at least know how to market it to the pop world.

• Like 1

well as far as the era goes i think they are doing an incredible job building her a real fanbase w/ touring.

She's selling out all Asia and Europe shows thus far, being a Glasto headliner, Wembley Stadium show...

My point is that I think that her management this era is perfect *for* gaining audience outside of streams (and streams is not a guarantee of a long-lived career, see Camila for an example. The best way to create an irl fanbase is to keep doing shows, and festivals help a lot too. Streams can't buy that.

However, it seems that they exchanged the strategy for another. It's not bc you are growing a fanbase or bc you have a new strategy that you can throw everything else in the trash. What I can't seem do understand is why they favored one in detriment of the other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dooart said:

well as far as the era goes i think they are doing an incredible job building her a real fanbase w/ touring.

She's selling out all Asia and Europe shows thus far, being a Glasto headliner, Wembley Stadium show...

My point is that I think that her management this era is perfect *for* gaining audience outside of streams (and streams is not a guarantee of a long-lived career, see Camila for an example. The best way to create an irl fanbase is to keep doing shows, and festivals help a lot too. Streams can't buy that.

However, it seems that they exchanged the strategy for another. It's not bc you are growing a fanbase or bc you have a new strategy that you can throw everything else in the trash. What I can't seem do understand is why they favored one in detriment of the other.

I think it's because she changed her image to A PERFORMER. All of her big performances since 2020 have been gag after gag after gag. 

2 hours ago, dooart said:

Maybe they don't want to have a Katy Perry like career trajectory. They really do want to build a solid fanbase, something Katy doesn't have. The KatyCats are there but how many are there left at this point?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.