Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

This underperformance doesn't affect her career at all. Nobody switched on her, the people didn't drop her, they just didn't like the new album. They will still check the next one, they will still keep playing the songs they love and they will still gladly see her live

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

This underperformance doesn't affect her career at all. Nobody switched on her, the people didn't drop her, they just didn't like the new album. They will still check the next one, they will still keep playing the songs they love and they will still gladly see her live

I don't think that many people even bothered to check the album in the first place? It got released almost 4 months ago, and the lowest streamed song just passed 10M streams just couple of days ago. That's why I'm worried that, while people like her as a celebrity, I'm not sure if she has built a reputation of a strong performer with the GP to sell out a huge world tour.

I'll still be snatching the tickets, don't get it twisted!

15 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I don't think that many people even bothered to check the album in the first place? It got released almost 4 months ago, and the lowest streamed song just passed 10M streams just couple of days ago. That's why I'm worried that, while people like her as a celebrity, I'm not sure if she has built a reputation of a strong performer with the GP to sell out a huge world tour.

I'll still be snatching the tickets, don't get it twisted!

Yeah but that's the point, it just doesn't matter. She has enough of a hits catalogue to attract common concertgoers everywhere in the world at this point. It will be difficult to sell it all out for sure, but it's definitely not doomed to fail

36 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I don't think that many people even bothered to check the album in the first place? It got released almost 4 months ago, and the lowest streamed song just passed 10M streams just couple of days ago.

It will literally be 2 months on Wednesday LOL

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I don't mind the lack of performances, I meant more so the effort put into the music. RO isn't the awful album people make it out to be, and I personally enjoy it overall more than FN just cause it's more consistent, but there is a feeling of "good enough" on the album. 

I definitely want Dua to do whatever makes her happy as a fan, but as a music lover, I definitely want to see her flexing those creative muscles! Give us concepts, give us great visuals, give us everything. I know performing and promoting can be exhausting, but getting a real creative and solid effort artistically is her "job" so I hope she can balance her mental health with something a little more boundary pushing for her next time.

i do agree with you. it's all up to her because it seems she has a lot of creativity control now. still I feel she gave fantastic concepts and execution for Houdini and Illusion. she only dropped the ball with training season visually but it has happened before (i.e. don't start now). the album is just not as good as DL/FN but still a good piece of work (and this feeling that she's capable of much more is the one I do share with you) hopefully she will deliver harder next era.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Agree'd. She is just one smash that connects with the GP away from continuing where she left off with FN. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Post Malone said:

It's giving copypasta

:clack:

Seethe and fume as the RO singles continue to chart in the Spotify top 200

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

• Haha 5

Didn't she already sell out some Asian dates and add new ones?

I believe European, Asian, South American and Australian dates are something she can sell out without a problem.

What I'm skeptical about are the stadiums. I think she should stick to the arenas. Okay, I understand why she could do stadiums in Latin America but not in Europe.

In America, she could hold a couple of carefully selected arena concerts (big cities like LA and NY). Maybe she could do Coachella before that to further boost sales.

Edited by Mate

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN then what? Some of you will complain here anyway even if she does LOL

Shut the **** up

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Cain said:

Shut the **** up

You must have heard the same from your mother often, right?

Edited by mike_int

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I agree. It's not even that people didn't like it tbh, it's more that people just didn't care this time around. Too many girls dropped in Q1/Q2 of this year to the point this album got overlooked. Had she dropped it in 2023, it would've performed much better I'm convinced.

I'll say it again:

She just needs a #MAJAH House smash produced by John Summit. She will get back in the public eye.

I've seen in the other thread how the extended ver. was literally spat on, and this made me sad because it's better than the roll-out LP. Ext. give the songs room to BREATHE, it's not so stacked, even though some stylistic choices are questionable.

Yassss posible return to #1 at the UK! :party:

I could also be certtified Gold this week or will be very close! :duca: 

We are in July time to announce tour dates & start teasing 4th single

Back to the top 2 in the UK, the best concert of her career, upcoming stadium tour... Dua is flopping at flopping, that's why the h*es are mad.

Edited by Papi Juancho

She won't get back to the top of the UK album charts yall because she has the #2 curse on her so don't forget that ::giraffe:

10 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

Back to the top 2 in the UK, the best concert of her career, upcoming stadium tour... Dua is flopping at flopping, that's why the h*es are mad.

Somehow she always stays here

1 hour ago, katara said:

Oh?

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

I'm not getting my hopes up given her bad luck with this kind of stuff

Spoiler

Also we're still on time for some new products from the tortured variants department s:wan:

What is this new WhatsApp link? The summer tour is now officially relabelled radical optimism tour and combined with the Asia dates? 

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

She won't get back to the top of the UK album charts yall because she has the #2 curse on her so don't forget that ::giraffe:

i mean it's predicted to jump to #2 so it's not like we're waiting for it to go #1 as of now.

nowww what we need for a bump in sales is another RO variant (unlikely bc we just got the extended edition), but maybe some signed posters with like a glasto pic on it or smth (different to the last glasto announcement poster), and the tour announcement (the rumoured wembley show but maybe also like more uk dates? or what would actually really work is more dates at the royal albert hall since it would be seen as exclusive and small shows with those resale prices lol) and the obligatory "order RO for pre-sale access code" message :WAP: 

6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

What is this new WhatsApp link? The summer tour is now officially relabelled radical optimism tour and combined with the Asia dates? 

it was like this from the start

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.