Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

9 hours ago, Nectarine said:

I'm sorry, but you did NOT just try to compare Sabrina and Dua Lipa right now, let alone ignore the fact Sabrina immediately flopped her momentum with Please Please Please

:khalyan2:

Honey, Please Please Please is expected to debut in the top 10 next week. Radical Babooshka hasn't gotten a single top 10 Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3 We're DONE DONE Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if RO was underwhelming Houdini is still a better track than all the other girls output this year

So I can still trust Dua to make perfect pop songs and I know the album doing bad is a management issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Not that khia, Charli XCX's latest album debuting with almost the same amount of streams as Radical Optimism & that other khia, Sabrina Carpenter's album predicted to debut with like 40-50M, 30M over RO :priceless: And let's not even talk about Billie's latest album. Literally no words…

Yeah, as much as some you might say that this era isn't an underperformance, it is cuz it should've easily debuted with like 45-50M streams after what a smash FN was. Her team fumbled the bag big time. Hopefully she gets real management for her next era cuz this is honestly tragic :dancehall3:

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This era is a disaster, front to back. Brat nearly out debuting is so embarrassing and they're putting absolutely 0 effort into making this era anything worth paying attention to. There's no hunger, no plan for success, nothing. 

Everything seems lazy and lacking ambition. If that's the case, FN will be her last huge era and we're getting everything phoned in from here on out. 

The most FRUSTRATING part about all of this is that in order for her to have built traction and all that good will during the FN era she had to WORK HER ASS OFF. She finally built name and brand recognition and then the Radical Terrorismé era began and now it feels like a negative cultural reset (as in she has lost A LOT of traction once again) and the scary thing is I dont know if she has the hunger and the management to do ALL THAT REBUILDING again. In order for her to debut with respectable streaming figures she literally has to make DL4 ANOTHER FN level era of constant promo and well planned out singles and performances and looks etc to THEN HOPEFULLY get DL5 to have that solid debut streaming figure and by then she'd be in her mid 30s and we know how sexist and ageist radio and streaming services can be so it might not even happen. It's so frustration. RO was supposed to be the era that would give her immediate and fruitful results from all that hard work during FN era. WOW oh WOW Duck-aging when I get my hands on you sir.... Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I knew we were in for a flop era when she did that interview PROUDLY stating that her songs never go #1 but they serve "longevity" Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

That's when I knew we crossed the Rubicon Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

• Haha 5

Levitating didn't go #1 because of you flops whispering in her ear that it's ok for her to not have a US #1 Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

You guys did this. You killed her ambition and made her believe her own hype Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

I dont want to hear NO ONE COMPLAINING ANYMORE Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

ELECTRIC CHAIR FOR ALL OF YOU. Ruining my ability to live vicariously through my gorgeous Albanian pop star's success. UGH Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This era is a disaster, front to back. Brat nearly out debuting is so embarrassing and they're putting absolutely 0 effort into making this era anything worth paying attention to. There's no hunger, no plan for success, nothing. 

Everything seems lazy and lacking ambition. If that's the case, FN will be her last huge era and we're getting everything phoned in from here on out. 

That was pretty clear to me for a long time. FN was always a glorious fluke. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

Even if RO was underwhelming Houdini is still a better track than all the other girls output this year

So I can still trust Dua to make perfect pop songs and I know the album doing bad is a management issue

This is delusional. It is not her managements fault that no one wants to stream the album, your personal taste on a song does not change that. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I cannot believe that Charlie Xcx and Sabrina Carpenter are having more successful eras than dua lipa. Like what is happening. I fear she may not come back from this. 

• Haha 4

The average of RO per track was 1.8M,  BRAT average was 1M. RO would debut with 27M on Spotify with the number of tracks of BRAT, BRAT would debut with 11M with the number of tracks of RO. :duck:

ibai-yo-explicando.gif

Sabrina debuted even before Dua and after 10 years and 5 albums she is having her little fluke.

ibai-yo-explicando.gif

You all did the same with Tate McRaw and where's she now?

ibai-yo-explicando.gif

Stop comparing Dua with girls who can barely sell out a 5K venue outside of the US. At this point, probably you all think that Artemas, Tyla and Shaboozey are bigger than her IJBOL

ibai-yo-explicando.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Papi Juancho said:

Stop comparing Dua with girls who can barely sell out a 5K venue outside of the US. At this point, probably you all think that Artemas, Tyla and Shaboozey are bigger than her IJBOL

I probably need to put this as a signature so it stays on every page IJBOL

is the pig with a taylor avi having a meltdown the camilla stan right?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

I cannot believe that Charlie Xcx and Sabrina Carpenter are having more successful eras than dua lipa. Like what is happening. I fear she may not come back from this. 

I'm starting to believe the palestina support theories, maybe she should keep her mouth shut like Taylor and the others

Edited by BadBoy

1 minute ago, BadBoy said:

I'm starting to believe the palestina support theories, maybe she should keep her mouth shut like Taylor and the othera

If she was like Taylor then she would've released the OG mv of Training Season as lead single but thank god, she ain't politically unaware about the fact that the mv would've caused a lot of negative response from her supporters, just a case of bad timing….

I tried to give this album another chance but it's just pure shït :weeps:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

this is still so fresh and excellent oh duallah

TRcYznB.gif

• Like 1

Training Season is the best song and single on this album. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mke1979 said:

Training Season is the best song and single on this album. 

Omg yes

• Like 1

No amount of "it's the management's fault" and "well, she's better than Charli, Sabrina, Billie" is going to change the fact this was a **** album that clicked with no one, stop being bitter over other pop girls smashing and accept the fact this was a huge musical mishap and there's no excuses.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

I feel like today's pop climate focuses alot on witty/cringe lyricism. Just look at the pop girlies out right now.

She has to adapt to cater to gen z. 

• Like 2

- her worst album

- all of the 'hit' songs were released as singles, so nothing captivating remained on the actual album

- skipless, yet hitless 

- even the lowest lows on self-titled album were fresher than all of the duds from this record 

now i wonder what to do with my 4 vinyl copies, CD and a cassette

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

now i wonder what to do with my 4 vinyl copies, CD and a cassette

Missfenderr GIF by Alayna Joy

1 hour ago, itsjokesta said:

I feel like today's pop climate focuses alot on witty/cringe lyricism. Just look at the pop girlies out right now.

She has to adapt to cater to gen z. 

She doesnt have to do any of that at all. I think a simple change in sound and image on her next album will appease us all.

Posted (edited)

Not you comparing Sabrina with Dua, when they both debuted around same time, with Sabrina having big advantage of being a Disney kid and it took her 9 years to have 1 international hit, while Dua had it already on her first album with "New Rules"

and others counting after ...

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

"End Of An Era" would be good summer single as well if they edit out the talking parts of the song for the radio edit

plus "These Walls" "Whatcha Doin" would both have international appeal

"Falling Forever" and "Maria" would be good single anywhere outside of US

The album as body of work is actually very good and I really enjoy it start to finish

Moving My Song GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by mike_int

To think she could've easily made a much better album with the scraps from the FN era… 

Just listen to the following songs

1. Crocodile Tears

2. Fool's Paradise

3. Fun

4. Who Do You Love? 
5. Good Luck

6. Pressure

7. Firestarter 

8. Better This Way

9. Hard Days

10. Don't Wait For Me

11. When Ur Sober

12. Don't Wait For Me

13. I Wish I Never Met You

Now tell me if this wouldn't sound better & fresher as an album than what we got on RO :mandown:

17 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Honey, Please Please Please is expected to debut in the top 10 next week. Radical Babooshka hasn't gotten a single top 10 Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3 We're DONE DONE

It took Sabrina 9 years to have international hit, while Dua already had one ("New Rules") on her first album

Dont be ridiculous ....

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.