• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mike_int said:

You cannot be serious comparing Dua and Charli?

Dua is bigger in every single aspect.

That's exactly my point, she's a bigger pop artist who should have more physical promo instead of all the ai **** they were trying to do to promote the album…..

1 hour ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

That's exactly my point, she's a bigger pop artist who should have more physical promo instead of all the ai **** they were trying to do to promote the album…..

But did you ever think that maybe she doesnt want to go to every talk show. maybe she doesnt want to do every award etc. ?

Yes it would be so nice to to have tons of performances but on the other hand she has her life planned for next 2-3 years and I also think it is important she try to protect her mental health. I dont need her to end up like Zayn, Selena, Justin Bieber, Britney  etc.

She is smart business woman, she earns millions and she is capable to choose what she will do and what not.

Radical Optimism UK Sales:

WEEK 1 = 46,298

WEEK 2 = 9,058

WEEK 3 = 6,739

WEEK 4 = 6,511

WEEK 5 = 4,702

Total Sales = 73,308

• Like 2

I hope for whatever music video she has next that she gives us more facial expressions. Her smizing isn't cutting it anymore. It was ESPECIALLY bad during the Training Season MV. I get the concept of the mv was her being bored but you can express that in sooooooo many ways. She didnt even roll her eyes or whatever. She just put her hand on her cheek and glared into the camera....it's giving no replay value. Even just smiling more or not smiling but doing different facial expressions and stuff helps videos become more lively....I thought she was starting to learn that towards the end of the FN era tbh but it's back to just serving one expression again. 

I think the easiest way for her to do it is for the next mv to have a storyline I guess. It will force her to animate a bit more instead of these more performance based mvs she's been serving. A video like the We Cant Be Friends video for These Walls where she acts a bit etc... will do her videography wonders. 

• Like 3

I think Dua needs to move away from Dance/Disco pop, it was successful for her but now i think that time is over, Sabrina kind of took her spot especially in US, time for her to take a risk and try something new, maybe Jazz-Pop inspired by Sade, her deep voice can do wonders for her…..:alexz2:

• Like 1

Everything about this era is SO ******* boring :skull: maybe she's just lost it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I think Dua needs to move away from Dance/Disco pop, it was successful for her but now i think that time is over, Sabrina kind of took her spot especially in US, time for her to take a risk and try something new, maybe Jazz-Pop inspired by Sade, her deep voice can do wonders for her…..:alexz2:

I'm sorry but these kind of posts send me ngl :deadbanana2: Sabrina and her aren't even making the same music and they don't have the same brand.

Yes, Dua dropped the wrong descriptions for the album and many of us deluded ourselves into wanting some psychedelic-rave fantasy. But the genre is not the problem. Dance-pop is Dua's lane, this is only her 3rd album, and she's still settling into her artistic identity. She's established herself as THE dance-pop girlie of this generation so if anything, she should keep doing dance-pop tinted with other influences for a few more albums before doing a full 180 / a drastic sonic pivot and dropping an Albanian Folk record.

Here for the Sade-esque album though!

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm sorry but these kind of posts send me ngl :deadbanana2: Sabrina and her aren't even making the same music and they don't have the same brand.

Yes, Dua dropped the wrong descriptions for the album and many of us deluded ourselves into wanting some psychedelic-rave fantasy. But the genre is not the problem. Dance-pop is Dua's lane, this is only her 3rd album, and she's still settling into her artistic identity. She's established herself as THE dance-pop girlie of this generation so if anything, she should keep doing dance-pop tinted with other influences for a few more albums before doing a full 180 / a drastic sonic pivot and dropping an Albanian Folk record.

Here for the Sade-esque album though!

:suburban:

I think the same comparison comes from the fact that they both are making carefree, harmless bops with fun lyrics and mvs. No one's really checking out their lyrics. Dua never really received the support from US during FN, the way Sabrina is receiving even though dua's music was miles ahead in terms of quality! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Everything about this era is SO ******* boring :skull: maybe she's just lost it

The way we were all optimistic about this era back in October, everything went downhill after Houdini release day…..:gaycat6:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I'm sorry, but you did NOT just try to compare Sabrina and Dua Lipa right now, let alone ignore the fact Sabrina immediately flopped her momentum with Please Please Please

:khalyan2:

• Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)

Illusion need a little auto play to rise faster at hot 100! Radio seems to like the song :gaycat2: is also getting closer to Top 10 Pop radio

Edited by Ivan_brit

Illusion not becoming a huge smash is a nightmare 

:khalyan2:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not that khia, Charli XCX's latest album debuting with almost the same amount of streams as Radical Optimism & that other khia, Sabrina Carpenter's album predicted to debut with like 40-50M, 30M over RO :priceless: And let's not even talk about Billie's latest album. Literally no words…

Yeah, as much as some you might say that this era isn't an underperformance, it is cuz it should've easily debuted with like 45-50M streams after what a smash FN was. Her team fumbled the bag big time. Hopefully she gets real management for her next era cuz this is honestly tragic :dancehall3:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Not that khia, Charli XCX's latest album debuting with almost the same amount of streams as Radical Optimism & that other khia, Sabrina Carpenter's album predicted to debut with like 40-50M, 30M over RO :priceless: And let's not even talk about Billie's latest album. Literally no words…

Yeah, as much as some you might say that this era isn't an underperformance, it is cuz it should've easily debuted with like 45-50M streams after what a smash FN was. Her team fumbled the bag big time. Hopefully she gets real management for her next era cuz this is honestly tragic :dancehall3:

All the RO shade aside calling Charli xcx a khia is super disrespectful :giraffe:

• Like 3

Dua charted 5…:dancehall2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

To think we used to get incredible, interesting looks like this when she wore more than just black, red or white. I miss these times. I was stanning so hard.

Edited by LanaXtinaFan
  • Like 1

I bought a bunch of vinyl from her store and not a single one came in good condition. I'm so disappointed.

• Like 1

This era is a disaster, front to back. Brat nearly out debuting is so embarrassing and they're putting absolutely 0 effort into making this era anything worth paying attention to. There's no hunger, no plan for success, nothing. 

Everything seems lazy and lacking ambition. If that's the case, FN will be her last huge era and we're getting everything phoned in from here on out. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Houdini is such a superior song , im still obsessed with it like its day 1 

* also Training Season slaps hard live and its a great tour opener 

Posted (edited)

I've been listening to the album like crazy since it came out and one particular song always hits me harder each week. This week's addiction is French Exit. Those lyrics and the way she says filer à l'anglaise   :jonny6:

Edited by Migs
  • Like 1

Ohhh Radical Optimism  did +6 million streams yesterday at Spotify :gayalipacat5:

1 minute ago, Ivan_brit said:

Ohhh Radical Optimism  did +6 million streams yesterday at Spotify :gayalipacat5:

:rip:

• Haha 3

Just now, halcyonday said:

:rip:

It's fine I guess.... Cowboy Carter is doing +4.8 million  daily :rip:  the new Megan album did like 3 million

Not Sabrina's Please Please Please predicted to debut in the top 10 on a super competitive week and our girl couldnt even get a SINGLE top 10 this era in the US :skull: This really is a cursed era :cries: I hate this so much....

All that traction and good will wasted away.... ugh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.