US Congress passes bill to ban TikTok, Biden signs into law

Solaria

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

US is really Israel's lil *****.

All this bcoz the US-Israeli propaganda failed miserably on Tiktok and both have been exposed for their genocidal ways.  

This has been in the works before the Israel/Gaza issue  

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GhostBox

• Rep2000

• Windy Day

I can't lie. Random people bursting out to do routines while I'm grocery shopping is annoying af. Tik Tok can go

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Maybe you should have. The amount of talented artists people have found and supported and given a platform to is astounding. It felt good not having to wonder about the next biggest untalented industry plant

TikTok has changed the world and opened the minds of millions of people. I hate to see this app go.

You trying to shade Cardi as being the 'biggest untalented industry plant' while praising an app that arguably created a platform for record labels invest hundreds of millions of dollars TO create the biggest, untalented industry plants is a kii :rip: at least use your brain if you're going to try and take a jab at me.

Also, wasn't there a post somewhere here today about you stanning Iggy Azalea? I think I'll go elsewhere for my music recommendations, thank you:suburban:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Sun said:

You trying to shade Cardi as being the 'biggest untalented industry plant' while praising an app that arguably created a platform for record labels invest hundreds of millions of dollars TO create the biggest, untalented industry plants is a kii :rip: at least use your brain if you're going to try and take a jab at me.

Also, wasn't there a post somewhere here today about you stanning Iggy Azalea? I think I'll go elsewhere for my music recommendations, thank you:suburban:

My post wasn't shading Cardi at all :rip: she isn't an industry plant. I used your GIF as a form of expression, pushing away what you said the way Cardi is in pushing motion in that GIF. But drag your own queen I guess :rip: 

but I can see why you are so for this ban and seem to be careless. The masses are more aware of how corrupt government works.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hate TiK ToK but jesus ******* christ.. PRIORITIES 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Cesar said:

Including you, I hope!

:deadbanana4:

This will make Meta even more dominant if it actually happens.

I'm not convinced it will, I feel like it will get stalled in court. Too many people use it.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOO how am I going to get my daily fix of Alex Consani?

ezgif-1-f0b5b3a10f.thumb.gif.f2ca742a570

• Like 1

I dislike TikTok, but the American gov is so cringe, so much for free speech

is it actually being banned or not? I feel like I've been reading this stuff for like a year now

edit: ok I read some posts in the first page but still :zzz:

Edited by okgo

President Joe Biden signed into law into law Thursday a $95 billion war aid measure that includes aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan that also includes a provision that would force social media site TikTok to be sold or be banned in U.S.

https://apnews.com/article/b72aed9b195818735d24363f2bc34ea4

Is this the end?

Who the f*ck cares about tiktok besides a bunch zoomers without a life? :rip:

The worst thing on this bill is Biden sending billions to Israel to keep their genocide going :biblio:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't think it's an automatic ban. They just have like 6 months to divest but it'll be held up in court for years. 

• Like 1

A bunch of bullshit and Biden wasted no time in signing that bill :rip:

Now they won't have to role play working at McDonalds and actually have to get a job there 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I don't think it's an automatic ban. They just have like 6 months to divest but it'll be held up in court for years. 

They actually have like 12 months to divest. Then like you said in will be tied up in courts for a while too. It's not going anywhere for a long time 

• Thanks 1

lmao at the lefties yet again proving they are anti-semitic by blaming this on Jews. They have been trying this since the Trump admin. :deadbanana:

What I think is absolutely bizarre is Biden signing this during an election year. :deadbanana: They gave him a golden chance to be like, "I am not signing this because I stand with the American people."

At the same time, I am seeing a lot of data showing that support for a ban among the public is not as low as some make it seem. It is almost 50/50. :rip:

My main worry is that there are soooo many American businesses who rely on TikTok that will be crushed by this.

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

They actually have like 12 months to divest. Then like you said in will be tied up in courts for a while too. It's not going anywhere for a long time 

Which makes this even dumber. So it will not be banned any time soon but there will still be political fallout for... nothing.

Edited by Sannie

When you can't control the narrative, you ban it:clap3:

• Thanks 2

I've been watching a Cartoon Drag Race on TikTok this past month, literally the first time I've consistently used it ever, and now it's going away :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

If anything has been apparent since 2016, it's that politicians don't care about the American people and continue to make decisions that do not benefit the average American. Instead of passing anything remotely helpful to the American people, they instead decide to ban a social media app. The only remotely helpful act that Biden has passed since his first year is the Infrastructure Act.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:38 AM, Thor said:

US is really Israel's lil *****.

All this bcoz the US-Israeli propaganda failed miserably on Tiktok and both have been exposed for their genocidal ways.  

The way people use laugh and confuse react to this post but you're so right on this :dies:

• Like 1

what about migrating to Clapper?

They wasted months trying to pass Biden's watered down agenda bill last year but got this signed into law quick as hell:bibliahh:

20 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I've been watching a Cartoon Drag Race on TikTok this past month, literally the first time I've consistently used it ever, and now it's going away :deadbanana2:

Sis is it with Ange and phinneas, because i have seen that one, the spongebob one, the pop girls one, and the kingdom heart one. AI is doing too much 🤣.

When ur definitely not controlled by the CCP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.