• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• Hurem

• Shelter

• Jay07

Top Posters In This Topic

Very conflicted because I love Melissa but this franchise is so important to me and I do love Neve, even though this doesn’t look great for her but… ugh…. I’m lowkey excited to see Sydney again. 

• Like 3

She must have had the monopoly in her hands with this which is crazy. The fact they were going to be more than happy to continue the franchise without her and Scream 6 was enough evidence you didn't need Neve to still snag a blockbuster hit in this franchise, she probably could have asked for anything and they would have said yes. Miss moneybags over here!

• Like 2

Regardless of the reasons of her return, I don't think there's much left to do with the existing characters that hasn't already done, I doubt something good is gonna come out from this anyway.

This is not cute. 

Depending on who they get back it might do fine but this should not be supported by fans of the franchise. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Girl…

spacer.png

Extremely disappointing but not totally unsurprising I suppose 

• Like 1

can't blame her as she is jobless but still won't be checking for ha 

If Melissa and Jenna come back I could get back on board, but right now i'm not excited.

I was enjoying where things were going with Melissa, Jenna and co.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Hmm, i'd rather have had Melissa & Jenna back.

Not a good look so far her returning.

and im sure you were one of the people who hated the idea of two newbies replacing Neve

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, Josh said:

and im sure you were one of the people who hated the idea of two newbies replacing Neve

No? I was fine for her to have died...

Honey

She's not getting paid millions for Scream 7

Even Zendaya couldn't get a million dollars check for Dune

You think they would pay thay for Neve Campbell?

She is getting 200 ~ 300k for this role.

9 minutes ago, Mystic Warrior said:

It’s clear they’re trying to fan service the audience back into seats but they may have alienated that audience with the unfortunate mishandling of Melissa & Jenna. 

I think this is clearly a X-based issue. Franchise is associated to Neve and her not being in the 6 showed that the concept was stronger than its main character. 5 and 6 were pretty good but I highly doubt audience were that invested in the new characters (i.e. highlights of 6 was Gale apartment chase and Kirby's return). Jenna is not associated with Melissa for her departure, at least that's my perception, and Melissa doesn't have a star level big enough to really make a franchise like Scream suffer (especially over that issue). It's business after all.

But who knows?

Edited by ctlp27
  • Like 1

Disappointed but not surprised. I won't watch the movie unless Melissa and Jenna are back

jesy-nelson-gruffalo-soldier.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crashed said:

Disappointed but not surprised. I won't watch the movie unless Melissa and Jenna are back

jesy-nelson-gruffalo-soldier.gif

and im sure you said this in 6 that you wouldnt watch Scream without Neve. This is Neve's franchise she's the reason Ghostface exists. Sam and Tara are desperate wannabes.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Neve AND Kevin Williamson?

I will be there on opening night! :ghostface:

• Like 7

Flop :penguin:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

Honey

:laugh:

No. What Zendaya took for dune has not part on this. 

Dune Is a prestige movie and they can't cast a star wants 20M for a movie cause the budget would be 300m (when It's already 200 without that). The box office would be at risk.

For the actors being in these movies like Dune is important for their image and their prestige and being casted then in more commercial movies they can ask 15M for.

Neve AND Kevin? :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

So they finally gave her the big pay day she rightfully deserved after she called their sexism out? I LOVE Scream and have stanned it from day one but it's just not been the same since Wes passed away. I'd prefer they just leave it alone tbh. Everyone raved about the last one and the whole NYC angle was cool but it still felt contrived. You HAVE to have Wes because he's the creator, the mastermind... without him it just does not hit the same.

Oh thank God.

11 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

Honey

Yeah the days of getting millions for any film are long gone. Hollywood is a shell of its former self and the money just ain't there these days like it was previously. The only way she'd even get close to the millions range is if she has some sort of deal where she gets a back-end/bonus deal similar to what Margot Robbie got for Barbie but that's not easy to get and v few actors get that unless they have leverage so not sure Neve got that.

oh thee Scream Queen got PAID PAID :clap3: 

nice to see she'll reunite with Kevin who's directing however not the awful writers from the previous 2 movies staying :rip:

Edited by okgo
  • Thumbs Down 1

The smartest move they could do with all the stupid **** that they’ve pulled. 

I hate that the producers were smart enough to pull that out. Not going to watch it at the theatres for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.