Bigger: Miley or Ariana?

Jjang

Bigger career?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Ariana, or Miley?

ever since the underperformance of 'yes, and?' ATRL has been clogging our feed with Miley vs. Ariana threads. 

Now, that Eternal Sunshine has finally been released. Let's settle this once and for all. Vote! 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Monday

• AccioMiley

• Into The Void

• Freakshowvato

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but only middle-aged ladies with a failing marriage care for Miley

gen z are still overwhelmingly ari stans

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 4

Anybody saying Miley is delusional

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

no offense to Miley but Flowers was a huge fluke for her

Ariana by far

• Like 5

miley hasn’t been able to sell a full body of work since bangerz no shade

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The Man Who

As a middle-aged lady with a failing marriage and gen z nephews and a niece, I think they’re both big artists in their own right and I will not pit them against each other. :gaycat1:

Edited by The Man Who
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Isn't Eternal Sunshine's second day Spotify numbers almost 2x more than ESV's debut numbers?:rip:

There goes ur answer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Questioning this after the success ES has had in the last 2 days is delusional. Ariana is one of the most consistent pop girls both success and quality wise

Edited by burninredhot
  • Like 2

Let's settle this once and for all.

until tomorrow you mean?

Ever since My Everything, it's always been Ariana. 

• Like 4

Miley is a bigger pop cultural phenomenon but it doesn’t really translate into musical success. Ariana has a devoted fanbase and can score multiple smashes effortlessly on top of being a hot topic of conversation. I’d say Ariana is bigger.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It’s clear now with Eternal Sunshine being out that even in a post-Flowers world it’s still Ariana 

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 8

Ariana is so clearly the bigger artist, I can't believe people were arguing about this. :mazen: 

Spoiler

I do believe Miley is a big celebrity, but the GP has never checked her albums like they have for Ariana.

ATRL has been underestimating Ariana for years, I remember ATRLers denying her MPG status for years all the way up until thank, u next even though she was like one of the only female popstars with consistent hits for a good minute there. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Ariana has been a fully fledged MPG since like 2016, whereas Miley’s always been on the cusp. (mostly due to the mismanagement of her career from former labels but whatever) 

There are several lies in here tho… Flowers isn’t a fluke since Miley has 3 other Diamond eligible singles. And the success of Flowers did significantly boost Miley’s catalogue on steaming, so there clearly was public interest for more Miley music. Wrecking Ball and We Can’t Stop are still increasing and having some of their biggest streaming days of all time. 

It should've been obvious when Flowers did nothing for ESV as a whole.

Even Midnights (which already had smashed hard) got a stronger album effect and boost from Anti-Hero blowing up and going #1. Flowers is in contention for being the biggest female hit of the century and translated little to the album as a whole.. it really was a song that was strong on it's own and not connected to the artist itself.

Ariana might not have a song as massive as Flowers or Party in the USA, but her celebrity factor and musical prowess has always been stronger as a whole. Let's not be delusional.

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 2

but flowers!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!

Let's not be delusional. Ariana has been the bigger artist and celebrity since my everything. 

I wanted to say Miley but remembered she couldnt push an album to #1 with a song like Flowers in it. 

That was huge red flag for her. 

So i go with Ariana. 

Def Ari, having miley as the other option is just laughable.

Ariana doesn’t have a flower so she is automatically eliminated. I mean that’s what the gays say so 

:clack:

Flowers is bigger than anything Ariana has done but Ariana is bigger overall.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ariana since 2014 

Ariana is bigger right now but Miley's achievements >>>>

Miley Cyrus. Hannah Montana was a cultural phenomenon and she experienced massive success in music, TV and film during her peak. ATRL pretends that Miley's career started with Bangerz but she was already a household name before Ariana came into the picture.

Admittedly she doesn't as many chart hits as Grande but "Party In The U.S.A", "Wrecking Ball", "The Climb" and "Flowers" are timeless pop songs and will probably go down as classics. I can't imagine people listening to juvenile songs like "7 rings", "thank u next" or "yes and" 20 years from now :rip:...

• Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.