The Sheena Ringo Singles Rate [winner revealed]

Suilen

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Well, I guess I could do another one to start off the next set on a juicy note, any wishes?

Yes please, loving these write-ups! :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Tomorrow and Today

sheena-ringo_1383294415_af_org.png

Score: 5,9 Album: Ukina

Big Sheensters: gingguu, Invisibility (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga, fauxtography (1)

An instrumental song released as a single. Nothing much to discuss here. The visuals are lacking as Sheena isn't present on the cover, so I had to use this random sexy picture from that year. I mean, it's nice, talented queen etc, but I'll have to partially agree with some of the comments below.

AMIT cannot stop shading Mr. Neko: "good, for an instrumental... why is this better than basically all her other saito neko songs?” Curaga is being mysterious: "Lemme keep it cute...” Meloetta Carey stans a bit: "Instrumental music isn't my thing but I like the eery jazz/musical Coraline-ness of it all.” Kyle-x is giving that one Alfred Hitchcock film whose name I forgot: "The song that plays when I watch @AMIT sleep through the window.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Kyle-x: "The song that plays when I watch @AMIT sleep through the window.”

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Harsh rating from myself but time is precious and limited and I aint got time for an instrumental - sorry luv!

:sistrens:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not me catching strays in the comments but I miss @Kyle-x so I'll take it :heart2:

• Like 1

Thank you for the first reveals, loving the write ups so far! :heart: @Suilen 

• Like 1

That's a wrap for today, big thanks to everyone who's commented, will probably try a different time on Friday. Will appreciate any post-factum comments, too. The recap:

44. Kono Yo no Kagiri - 4,14

43. NIPPON - 5,66

42. Saihate ga Mitai - 5,85

41. It Was You - 5,86

40. too good - 5,89

39. Between Tomorrow and Today - 5,9

I remember @Curaga being bewildered that an instrumental track could outlast vocal tracks, but yeah, that happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Suilen said:

That's a wrap for today, big thanks to everyone who's commented, will probably try a different time on Friday. Will appreciate any post-factum comments, too. The recap:

43. NIPPON - 5,66

41. It Was You - 5,86

40. too good - 5,89

I remember @Curaga being bewildered that an instrumental track could outlast vocal tracks, but yeah, that happened.

Well, I gave Kono Yo no Kagiri my 0, so I figured at least one song would be lower 

:sistrens:

I am surprised NIPPON is out so soon! But no skin off my nose :celestial4:

Thanks for the reveals! :clap3:

Edited by Curaga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

It Was You

it-was-you.png

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga, AMIT, Antisocialites, madonnas (3)

Disgusting!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

Kono Yo no Kagiri / この世の限り

kono-yo-no-kagiri.png

Score: 4,14 Album: Heisei Fuuzoku

Big Sheensters: confide in me (9)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga, Invisibility (0), madonnas, fauxtography (1)

The first single to leave us is Sheena's nepotism anthem that features her brother, Junpei. Apparently, he also sings or something, though only one of his albums ever charted at no. 45, and two of his singles charted in the top 50, one of them due to being a dorama tie-in. So, his sister gave him the first and the last top 10, how generous of her. The song's title can be translated as both 'The Limit of the World' and 'The End of One's Life' because Sheena loves her ambiguity, though considering the lyrics, I'd say the latter is more apt. We also have the 'official' localization of the title as 'Memory', but I'm not feeling that one, like the majority of her localized titles. To justify her brother's inclusion, Sheena said that the song is about familial love, so if we take that into consideration, then it could be about spending the last days on Earth with your family (think Lars von Trier's Melancholy). A very poignant message, which didn't resonate much with the users, either due to the lacking quality or them being unable to relate, and I'll leave it you to figure out why. My personal verdict is that not everybody can be Aly & AJ.

In a hilarious display of barking at the wrong tree, Subomie assumes that Curaga will be willing to perform this song as a duet with him 'as part of a slapstick musical number on finale night' and implores us to get the tickets. Meanwhile, all Curaga wants is to get the hell out of here and refers to the song as 'so corny 😬💀.' I hope that their relationship will survive this mishap. The biggest fan AMIT says that while 'the chorus isn't terrible, the traditional style isn't for him.’ I suppose that's how he felt when GaGa released Cheek to Cheek, too. Meloetta Carey provides some positivity: 'this is super fun.’

Y'all could never make me hate such a camp disaster. The girls who get it... etc. :intoit:

• Haha 1

Gksdjjd not me stanning the unpopular tracks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

43. NIPPON - 5,66

41. It Was You - 5,86

40. too good - 5,89

Damn y'all really hate Nippon nn

1 hour ago, confide in me said:

Gksdjjd not me stanning the unpopular tracks

It's fine, in general, people who consider themselves her fans were much harder on her than more casual listeners, which somehow makes sense as when we had Namie's rate, I also handed out those 1s like candies. Emotional connection to songs, being more passionate about them, stuff like that. I guess that makes Curaga a new fan, too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

It's fine, in general, people who consider themselves her fans were much harder on her than more casual listeners ... I guess that makes Curaga a new fan, too!

It's true — I'm hard on the ones I love most. The bar was high!

8a5bd5f3b44580f95cc173caa135da23dbf93dea.gif

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Suilen said:

It's fine, in general, people who consider themselves her fans were much harder on her than more casual listeners, which somehow makes sense as when we had Namie's rate, I also handed out those 1s like candies. Emotional connection to songs, being more passionate about them, stuff like that. I guess that makes Curaga a new fan, too!

Probably will do the same if an Ayu rate happens :gaycat5:

• Like 1

To keep people excited about the next update, I'll just say that the next song to be out is a Sandokushi single. See you all in 2 days.

anotado.gif

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Suilen said:

My personal verdict is that not everybody can be Aly & AJ.

:ahh:

7 hours ago, AMIT said:

not me catching strays in the comments but I miss @Kyle-x so I'll take it :heart2:

Spying Octavia Spencer GIF by #MAmovie

• Haha 1

Loving all the write ups and graphics :jonny: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Suilen said:

To keep people excited about the next update, I'll just say that the next song to be out is a Sandokushi single. See you all in 2 days.

anotado.gif

Nooooo :dies:

omg

Nippon is a cute song, wtf :biblionny:

but so far I agree with the results. I need 2045 OUT next!

3 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

Nippon is a cute song, wtf :biblionny:

but so far I agree with the results. I need 2045 OUT next!

girl

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67

• Thanks 1

Those who'll manage to read the novel of a write-up I have for that next song will be getting a reward, whew.

Novel?

Sandokushi?

:biblionny:

This next elimination has me nervous lol

Well, writing about those religious and mythological undertones takes time.

giphy.gif

Welp... sounds like I might already be out of the running

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.