Final predictions (3/16): Carnival #1, Lose Control #2, Doctor #73

B-Luke

7 hours ago, El Nino said:

No shade, but the Beyonce song does feel like payola. They paid for two weeks it seems The song is dropping across streaming platforms but suddenly she's being promoted on playlists. She's on Spotify's Hot Hits USA playlist (this could be common. idk) and Apple's Alpha International Women's Day playlist (on the browse page) during Ariana's release week. The ironic thing is, a very small pic of Ariana is beneath a very large image of her. Something about it seems fishy. 

Sis, what are you even talking about?  Should the song not be on playlists?  It's been the global #1 track, it's been top 10 in like 18 countries since release, and was hugely viral on TikTok (#1 on the viral chart for a while) until it was removed last week.  She wasn't even top 10 on TTH for the week of release.  The song just hit it's peak position on France Spotify today. 

Also, her entire catalogue has risen SIGNIFICANTLY since release.  Crazy In Love is in the top 200 on Spotify with over 1.3 million streams today, and her monthly listeners have increased to over 70 million since it came out, with her previous peak being around 55 million.  Had they "paid" for whatever you're implying, her entire catalogue wouldn't have increased so dramatically like it has. 

Edited by Lose My Breath
  • Like 3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Green

• Ger

• littlebodybigheart

9 hours ago, El Nino said:

No shade, but the Beyonce song does feel like payola. They paid for two weeks it seems The song is dropping across streaming platforms but suddenly she's being promoted on playlists. She's on Spotify's Hot Hits USA playlist (this could be common. idk) and Apple's Alpha International Women's Day playlist (on the browse page) during Ariana's release week. The ironic thing is, a very small pic of Ariana is beneath a very large image of her. Something about it seems fishy. 

6 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

Texas dropping is obviously because it was taken off TikTok. It has also fallen completely off the billboard TikTok chart (duh). 

Obviously Bey and other really big names can survive without it, but record labels are in for a rude awakening. I’ve been saying that they need TikTok more than it needs them.

it's also obviously playlist driven cause i see no smash numbers from the other song..

but at least the playlisting and PUSH, worked?

18 minutes ago, Ger said:

Another top 5 week for Yonce:clap3:

Wonder how well Ari will do next week otherwise Bey should be Top 5 till album release week and potentially hit #1 again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Sis, what are you even talking about?  Should the song not be on playlists?  It's been the global #1 track, it's been top 10 in like 18 countries since release, and was hugely viral on TikTok (#1 on the viral chart for a while) until it was removed last week.  She wasn't even top 10 on TTH for the week of release.  The song just hit it's peak position on France Spotify today. 

Also, her entire catalogue has risen SIGNIFICANTLY since release.  Crazy In Love is in the top 200 on Spotify with over 1.3 million streams today, and her monthly listeners have increased to over 70 million since it came out, with her previous peak being around 55 million.  Had they "paid" for whatever you're implying, her entire catalogue wouldn't have increased so dramatically like it has. 

What she said :alexz2:

Yeah Glo is about to be Glo rilla next top 10. Love that for her

3 hours ago, Ger said:

streaming:

carnival 97%

I remember everything 94%

it's pretty amazing how zach's been able to hold up so well in streaming for half a year now, when it couldn't even crack the top 25 on country or pop airplay

4 hours ago, Ger said:

Yeah Glo! :clap3: I love how amidst all the drama and female rap beefs, Glo and Flo are just sneaking up in the charts with their hits! And Doja is still there with 2 songs from her so called “flop era” in the top 25. Joe Budden talembout female rap is dying, and here they still are. Flourishing!

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

Yeah Glo is about to be Glo rilla next top 10. Love that for her

And nobody better hop on a remix. We need a solo top 10 for Glo! And by the way it seems, she doesn’t need a remix. If her sales/streams stay consistent, she will get top 10 if radio picks it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

Yeah Glo! :clap3: I love how amidst all the drama and female rap beefs, Glo and Flo are just sneaking up in the charts with their hits! And Doja is still there with 2 songs from her so called “flop era” in the top 25. Joe Budden talembout female rap is dying, and here they still are. Flourishing!

Never would I give Joe Booden a stream but wasn't he referring to the fact that female rap as a whole isn't dominant like it was for the past five years but I do think he's wrong. Rap as a whole is mid as it dominated the streaming era for the past 6-7 years and needs a jolt.

But yes at Doja, Meg and likely Glo (it's coming) getting dem top 10s this year.

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Never would I give Joe Booden a stream but wasn't he referring to the fact that female rap as a whole isn't dominant like it was for the past five years but I do think he's wrong. Rap as a whole is mid as it dominated the streaming era for the past 6-7 years and needs a jolt.

But yes at Doja, Meg and likely Glo (it's coming) getting dem top 10s this year.

I don’t think female rap has ever been “dominant” at least not for 5 years. This was just the first period where multiple female rappers have charted and seen success post-Nicki. But idk why everyone (him, the Barbz, casual rap fans, etc) are so excited to see female rap die when Nicki does. The genre should live on without her and saying that it won’t without her isn’t the flex everyone thinks it is. 

Canada predictions: 

1 hour ago, Ger said:

TeddyBarbz their power  :clap3:

Hopefully Teddy overperformed in sales like HISS did (TOTC predicted 94k and then it sold 104k according to Billboard or something like that)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just imagine if Rag‘n‘Bone Man was American :rip: Human would‘ve gone #1 in the US as well

7 hours ago, Ger said:

Fraud ass song! 

I Remember Everything is a smash. Imagine if radio got on board, this would have challenged a lot of songs in the top spot.

Cruel Summer hang in there!!! Hoping for a few more weeks in the top ten!

Snooze and Last Night longevity :eek: :clap3:

1 hour ago, Mr. Duff said:

I Remember Everything is a smash. Imagine if radio got on board, this would have challenged a lot of songs in the top spot.

I have a feeling this song would have been MASSIVE if radio was on board. I mean the song is still a massive hit but like one of the biggest hits last/this year tbh. Such a shame radio isn’t on board cause the GP have held onto it from release.

Edited by PurrKaty

17 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I have a feeling this song would have been MASSIVE if radio was on board. I mean the song is still a massive hit but like one of the biggest hits last/this year tbh. Such a shame radio isn’t on board cause the GP have held onto it from release.

I was thinking it could have given Last Night a challenge in terms of longevity. Unfortunately without radio it may fizzle out soon, but the insane longevity with the streams is just impressive!

• Like 1