• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adama

• Cbreezy

• 99sandthe2000s

• Facelessboy

I'm late. Have we discussed THE BRIDGE :WAP:

13 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Not to even be negative, but I'm interested in the label's approach with this and with them. The song has yet to break the Apple or Spotify 200 charts in the UK. In fairness to them, they're kinda starting from scratch, so I hope the expectation isn't that they miraculouslt slay out of the gate. Even then, though, not charting at all is kind of a cause for concern.

Yeah it’s doing worse than The Lead/Fly Girl. It’s still not too late for them I think they just need the right song

WLT is a cute Cardboard Box 3.0 but isn’t as good as CB/FG

28 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

that MV is trash :skull: I don't even know where to start...

that was not a video worth premiering almost a week after the song dropped, makes it look more amateur in a way. :rip:

yeah the mv is not incredible but still ok, should've released when the song dropped

4 minutes ago, ElectricBlue said:

yeah the mv is not incredible but still ok, should've released when the song dropped

Right. It's not horrific, but it's definitely not worth drip-feeding and teasing for so long. Like you said, it should have dropped with the song. 

Which makes me think they are stretching the little they have (both budget and content) to compensate for what is shaping up to be a very low-fi era.

Guys, I'm nervous for them. Labels are pretty ruthless when there isn't a return on investment. Even when the investment is little (as shown by this underwhelming video).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbreezy said:

Right. It's not horrific, but it's definitely not worth drip-feeding and teasing for so long. Like you said, it should have dropped with the song. 

Which makes me think they are stretching the little they have (both budget and content) to compensate for what is shaping up to be a very low-fi era.

Guys, I'm nervous for them. Labels are pretty ruthless when there isn't a return on investment. Even when the investment is little (as shown by this underwhelming video).

At least they seem to be ready to release the album with the label's support. I rather that than them dropping singles with more expensive videos and no album out until one of those songs goes viral. 

• Like 6

It's really going to be up to their fans on Twitter to ensure this eras success. Cardboard box and The Lead went viral multiple times on Twitter from fans retweeting and sharing their LIVE performances. They should have a pre-recorded live performance ready to drop within a week. If not..... welll..... 

26 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

agree with everything, i also feel like they teased the song so much that by the time it dropped i was half over it but the bridge was bridging so i stayed but again teasing the video so much for lowkey nothing makes me very worried about what the label thinks they're doing, like i really just want to move on to the next single and i hate that

Edited by ElectricBlue
  • Like 1

Fly Girl was just a bigger serve all around. Unless they dump a lot more money into this campaign than they did for FG I don't see this going anywhere

yeah that MV was kind of awkward. it’s not really playing to their strengths or giving star power. 

the song is a lot better than that 

They can't do wrong in my eyes :heart:

I just want the album! 

the bridge is EVERYTHING!

shocked that MNEK produced this.

34 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

the bridge is EVERYTHING!

shocked that MNEK produced this.

Why? Sounds like something he’d be a part of if you’re familiar with his work.

I love the video! 

There were opportunities for better editing, but the choreography and looks are 🔥! We are trying to get new FLO fans and I think they will like what they see!

Edited by Space&Time

I hate to say this but this was not the right lead single. They should have released something more family friendly or more general public friendly. I can’t see a song about getting their ***** eaten going anywhere. 

Also hands down the worst video of the year like what was  that a cheap commercial?:deadbanana2:

As much as I love the song it’s not giving lead single vibes. I think they needed something more hard hitting to grab the attention of casual listeners. Excited to see what other gems they’ve got on the album.

The looks in the video only worked for the black girl imo. The other two were annoying me the entire time. The editing could've been WAY better... 

That video was... not good. They were giving Dua Lipa pencil sharpener level stiffness in their choreography. Unlike the Fly Girl MV where there were a bunch of people around, they were given mostly an empty set to interact with and looked so awkward the whole time. 

Edited by Acuminatus

Yeah this is clearly not the VOTY (the editing could have been a lot better imo) but it's fun and that doesn't take away from the fact that the song is a BOP

54e550d371bba5f6697af77f509457edfac7f159.gifv

And that bridge !!!

884aac7a5de3d1a06192ba4f9c56defd9eebd7a6.gifv

18 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Why? Sounds like something he’d be a part of if you’re familiar with his work.

really? the only track that might be "similar" is run for cover remix

unless i am missing others

Edited by mrmarrero

It peaked at #68 on AM & hasn’t charted on Spotify……so I’m gonna say no.

It’s hard enough breaking a new act rn, let alone an R&B/pop girl group. The song is a banger & FLO are great tho, I hope the label pull out all the stops to make this happen.

They’ve built up a decent fanbase, so I hope we get the album this year regardless of single success. I don’t want a Griff situation all over again (big media push early 2021, still drip-feeding us the occasional EP).

Edited by Yakult
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yakult said:

It peaked at #68 on AM & hasn’t charted on Spotify……so I’m gonna say no.

It’s hard enough breaking a new act rn, let alone an R&B/pop girl group. The song is a banger & FLO are great tho, I hope the label pull out all the stops to make this happen.

They’ve built up a decent fanbase, so I hope we get the album this year regardless of single success. I don’t want a Griff situation all over again (big media push early 2021, still drip-feeding us the occasional EP).

I think we're on the same page when it comes to what we want for them, but I just don't know how feasible it is atp.

The reason I asked how the song was doing was because I've noticed a trend with acts like Flo. A ton of goodwill online, which translates into a solid social following and live audience, but nothing charts. 

If they were a more quirky, lo-fi, indie-presenting group (signed to a major), I could see the label being fine with simply getting a portion of their touring coin. 

But Flo are going for that "next big R&B/Pop group" positioning, which kinda necessitates a certain level of chart success...which just isn't happening.

I'm kinda stuck on what I think they need to do, because Walk Like This actually is their most chart-friendly song since Cardboard Box. Outside of a label doing a Rihanna for them (see: pouring ALL the money into them and running their ish at a loss until it hits), the best they/we can hope for is something randomly taking off for them on TikTok. 

But, as far as an album, I won't hold my breath. 

No label is going to drop a full body of work for an act that can't shift a $0.99 single.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.