Country radio station refuses to play Beyoncé

paulie

Just now, Rogue said:

It’s clearly racism lbr. 

Exactly, the comments that she is a woman or old is crazy. It’s Beyoncé. Let’s be fr.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Nickimeetsatrl

• Lovett

• orange22

I know some people might not see it this way but I think that this stuff will actually get people talking more.  Bring on a little adversity it will only lead to more streams. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, orange22 said:

It’s honestly not melodic enough for modern country radio. They can play it but I don’t see this particular track doing numbers there.

But my point is, people are saying she makes pop/r&b music. Im saying country music is not so different from pop in many ways. Besides pop is not even a specific sound.

guys the politics behind radio is crazy. this is not surprising.

Like she cant just switch gear and expect to be accepted instantly. like cmon lets not be delusional.

also the song aint good so..

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, peachpop said:

I know some people might not see it this way but I think that this stuff will actually get people talking more.  Bring on a little adversity it will only lead to more streams. 

More acclaim and more awards

4 minutes ago, PartyFavor said:

But my point is, people are saying she makes pop/r&b music. Im saying country music is not so different from pop in many ways. Besides pop is not even a specific sound.

Oh 100% agree with you there. Every song has to have that big hook and follow a formula. 

I could see them playing 16 Carriages more just because it actually sounds like some of the slower songs they already play.

Edited by orange22

Just now, ImpressMeMuch said:

"people" is code for old white men in charge, the only people it "doesn't matter" to

what in the status quo is this

I'm not talking about those white men, I am talking about country's fans' excuses : "country radio doesn't like women, it's normal" "that's just how it is over there, Miranda doesn't get any airplay" "it's an open secret" "it's OK, there was Chris S. on the song that's why" ... They don't even play white women, not playing Beyoncé should not come as a surprise and Hive shouldn't waste their energy on that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IsidoraMarí said:

That was my point, FFS is called pop but I would never complain about it because Rihanna is an artist of a certain magnitude that is inescapable from Pop music.

But the song wasn’t even a pop sound. Its still more alternative pop/country to this day. BBHMM was and is pop.

pop is defined by the times and texas hold em is not pop imo. That being said, country stations play country pop all the time so it really doesn’t make sense for them to not play it

Dr. Alexander
38 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

She had a country artist. It helped her breakthrough and cross, just like Kelly did. If Adele were to drop solo they wouldn’t chart. Proof: every song of hers before or ever since

35 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

It was a radio edit with Chris Stapleton that is one of the biggest country radio artists of the last decade

And also it only went top 25 cause of a crazy radio deal, it debuted at #25 and never reached that high ever again, cause there is also another key factor on country radio, it's incredibly labels carried, you can take a look at the pushes for #1 and how the songs falls is all orchestrated lol. In this case Beyonce's team is not even trying to push the song on the format is not even available for download on mediabase :deadbanana2:

Riddle me this. How did Old Town Road only peak at #50 on country radio despite it featuring a veteran well-respected country artist, held the top spot on the Hot 100 for 19 consecutive weeks, and was an international mega-hit? Yet, Adele peaked at #25…

Country radio was more accepting of the white female pop artist rather than the Black male. Pure racism.

4 minutes ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

It isn’t as rare as you think. Eminem is one of, if not, the most successful rappers of all time. 

Post Malone is one of the biggest current rappers.

iggy azalea, Macklemore, G Eazy, Logic(yes I know he has black in him) all had success in the past decade. 

Urban radio has always played white rappers. The genre is predominantly black because it’s our culture but we definitely give other cultures play. 

Country on the other hand is extremely racist.

True

but Well they do love  Kane Brown and Darius Rucker 

spacer.png

they also loved that Lionel Richie country album for a bit too

spacer.png

They don’t even play Zach Bryan all that much either 

• Haha 2

*pretends to be shocked*

country radio is notoriously misogynistic, like its really bad. That’s first and foremost. 

being black + going outside her wheelhouse will cause obvious gatekeeping 

again, *pretends to be shocked*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

True

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kane Brown is their Halsey and Keith Urban is lucky he’s getting spins as an Australian 

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Radio and Billboard can **** off when it comes to country music. They exposed themselves when they kicked out Old Town Road for "not being country enough" when Morgan Wallen and all the white bro country artists are doing the same **** as he did, but they're country radio darlings. And the #1 song on Country radio right now is a rock song, so it's whatever. The fact that The Chicks performed with Beyoncé is a better validation than country radio anyway.

Edited by The Next Day
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Riddle me this. How did Old Town Road only peak at #50 on country radio despite it featuring a veteran well-respected country artist, held the top spot on the Hot 100 for 19 consecutive weeks, and was an international mega-hit? Yet, Adele peaked at #25…

Country radio was more accepting of the white female pop artist rather than the Black male. Pure racism.

That mullet man is not respected and hadn’t had a hit in years :dies: Old town road is barely country and many thought it was a mockery of the genre. It’s peak makes sense

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Katamari said:

True

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was so surprised when I google Kane brown 🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

That mullet man is not respected and hadn’t had a hit in years :dies: Old town road is barely country and many thought it was a mockery of the genre. It’s peak makes sense

spacer.png

We can say the same about loving on me 🤭

4 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Kane Brown is their Halsey and Keith Urban is lucky he’s getting spins as an Australian 

spacer.png

More like their Doja. Halsey ain’t racking up then radio number ones like King Brown!

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Just now, Katamari said:

More like their Doja. Halsey ain’t racking up then radio number ones like King Brown!

spacer.png

Fair! Pop era when King? :jonnycat:

• Like 1

Radio is antiquated. Who gives a shite?

spacer.png

People denying the racism and misogyny :toofunny3: Never change, ATRL

• Like 2

Happens to everyone eventually :sorry:

Ageism too :biblio:

3 minutes ago, Lovett said:

The media is starting to pick this up.

Popbase and Popcrave posted it too

• Like 5

The station has already replied to multiple people saying they'll gladly play the song once it starts charting. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.