• Lovett

• orange22

The racism ch

I bet they play Taylor Swift's pop songs though

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 20

Country radio wouldn’t play the song even if Carrie Underwood recorded it I fear. It wouldn’t fit very well on country radio sonically no matter who sang it; the song may be “country” but isn’t “country radio country” (and yes, there is a difference).

Edited by Achilles.
  • Like 19
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 40

It’s giving me flashbacks from the start of Old Time Road’s reign :biblio:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

But they have played "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "Shake It Off". What a hypocrisy. 

Even "The Climb" by Miley was #25 on Country Airplay. :eek:

JAY Z should win "Global Impact" award at CMAs and curse them from the stage

Edited by Fastlane
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn’t even listen to the song so they don’t know it’s Country.

But knowing how racist country fans/music industry is… :rip: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

She doesn't need them. What kind of radio station misspells their own name?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shinning said:

The racism ch

Nah country music radio is NOTORIOUSLY misogynistic. If they won't play white women I doubt Beyoncé is getting in.

• Like 3

Cameltoe Chariot
3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

inb4 the thread floods with swifties and monsters cosigning the racism of this decision

Not the monster sneak sis

C4bG0Au.gif

There are racist trolls everywhere but Gaga is hardly a beacon of white supremacy

• Like 1

I mean anyone with a brain would not be surprised by this. Beyoncé is not a country artist and nobody thinks of Beyonce as a country artist.

They are not going to magically start playing her because she suddenly drops material that has a country sound and aesthetic.

Racism could certainly play a part as well, but not all of it. Country music fans don't like Beyoncé and Beyoncé fans don't like country. Why all the sudden would these two worlds mesh when neither are about the other?

Make it make cents luv!

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Like 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Not the monster sneak

Don't drag Gaga or her fanbase into this, there are racist trolls everywhere but Gaga is hardly a beacon of white supremacy

I'm a ride or die day 1 monster, there is definitely an issue with parts of our base and that's all im going to say further on this topic. :suburban:

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

8 minutes ago, Shinning said:

The racism ch

not really after she went more pop country they played her less and even had trouble getting cma recognitions

The easy PROMO this will give “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM”

WIN WIN! :ryan3:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shinning said:

The racism ch

I don't listen to radio a lot, but when I do it is country stations and I have never heard a pop song Taylor has done ever play on a country radio station.

• Like 1

why she needs country anyway that audience won't even buy her music :rip:

Just now, swissman said:

They don't need to magically start playing her because she has a country song, but if someone requests to hear it and ... radios are supposed to listen to their requests (it's essentially why the presence of radio in charts has any validity whatsoever), to then say point blank they don't play Beyoncé because they only play country music whilst the person requested a Beyoncé country song, well...that is weird. It may not be surprising but it surely is loud and clear what they mean.

Well, I guess, her label should release her new single for Country format. :rip:  

• Haha 3

I just don't understand why Beyonce objectively makes the same songs she always makes but calls them another genre because the beat is different. It's still pop. It's like calling Four Five Seconds or California King Bed country songs, it's pop but if those stations feel the vibe they'll play it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 23

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.