Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

Imagine how tired we are of these western ******* coming here to expose their absolute lack of critical thinking. As if queer Palestinians' main concerns are pride parades and getting barebacked like yall when they don't even have access to food and clean water under the constant airstrikes. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

42 minutes ago, heckinglovato said:

Hi, I'm a gay Palestinian. Thought it would be best if you heard it straight up from me.

I grew up in Jordan where most Palestinian refugees reside, and in a country that shares 99% of the same culture as Palestine, it is fully legal to be gay in Jordan (unlike most other Arab countries) and more recently there's been a gay café and weekly gay parties. Jordan is also known for having kickstarted the first LGBTQ+ magazine in the Middle East.

Not saying that Jordan is the golden standard when it comes to queer rights, but funny how when a country is sovereign, unoccupied by a colonizer, and isn't in fear of ethnic cleansing or apartheid, then it's able to slowly grow and progress on social issues without having to prioritize survival.

My gay friends in Gaza are indeed dying, however on the hands of the Israeli genocide these past 4 weeks. The only gay friend I have there left uploaded a video this morning shaking and asking people to collect the remains of his body once he's airstruck into little pieces.

Please have a heart and have compassion. The queer Palestinian community isn't asking for pride parades or gay saunas, they're asking for survival and freedom from Israeli apartheid.

Hope this helps now that you've heard it straight from the source.

i’m jordanian palestinian too! although i’ve lived in australia my entire life, so idk too much about what’s going on back there

Edited by punisher

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Imagine how tired we are of these western ******* coming here to expose their absolute lack of critical thinking. As if queer Palestinians' main concerns are pride parades and getting barebacked like yall when they don't even have access to food and clean water under the constant airstrikes. 

so embarrassing to support a genocide just because the country doesn’t support LGBT rights

like sit tf down 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

how many have so far?

So far.

Chile

Bolivia

Colombia

Honduras

Jordan

Chad

Turkey

Bahrain

South Africa

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, punisher said:

so embarrassing to support a genocide just because the country doesn’t support LGBT rights

like sit tf down 

Exactly like....let us free palestine first then we'll get to women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights and all that stuff later. I really can't understand how these grown ass users expect countries and people to progress and prosper as a nation under occupation? :skull:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Exactly like....let us free palestine first then we'll get to women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights and all that stuff later. I really can't understand how these grown ass users expect countries and people to progress and prosper as a nation under occupation? :skull:

They don’t. They just want to use the current state of things as a way to justify why the status quo shouldn’t change:

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They don’t. They just want to use the current state of things as a way to justify why the status quo shouldn’t change:

It really would be better to just admit that they support the genocide or that they're racist and piss off.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

"We tried to minimize the casualties among civilians....!!!!" :doc:

They are not even hiding anymore their attention of stealing the land :doc:

1 hour ago, What_A_Mess said:

Guess where this gay Palestinian fled to after receiving death threats for being gay. And guess what happened to him the moment he returned to say farewell to family :alexz3::heart::rainbow::coffee:

https://www.thepinknews.com/2022/10/07/gay-palestine-murder-ahmed-hacham-hamdi-abu-marakhia-israel/

And Israel is currently not allowing the same queer Palestinians to flee from Gaza and instead is bombing them :alexz3::heart::rainbow::coffee:

• Thanks 2

Also do we even have to mention for the 1000th time how Israel uses the vulnerable status of queer Palestinians to manipulate them into collaborating with the state? It's quite literally mentioned in that article linked above too. Israel identifies and keeps tabs on them. The IOF coerces them into becoming spies on their own people or else they’d be forcibly outed. They film them having sex with another man (usually someone working with the Israeli intelligence) and threaten to leak the tape (and they've literally done this some months ago). They know that they're weak, vulnerable, and face societal rejection already which makes them "easy" targets. 

But this your LGBTQ+ paradise?

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, What_A_Mess said:

Guess where this gay Palestinian fled to after receiving death threats for being gay. And guess what happened to him the moment he returned to say farewell to family :alexz3::heart::rainbow::coffee:

https://www.thepinknews.com/2022/10/07/gay-palestine-murder-ahmed-hacham-hamdi-abu-marakhia-israel/

Imagine pink washing a genocide as if being gay would stop Israel from blowing you up 

The IDF “oh this one streamed 1989 let’s not drop the bomb here” 

World peace achieved!!! You just stopped the genocide 

spacer.png

Edited by baelani
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, What_A_Mess said:

Didn’t Israel just put out some insanely queerphobic propaganda recently? Kinda shows you what they really think of us if we don’t tow the pro-genocide line

• Like 5

I think atp it’s better to stop interacting with trolls. They know what they’re doing, despite some users coming with facts and receipts. :rip:

47 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Didn’t Israel just put out some insanely queerphobic propaganda recently? Kinda shows you what they really think of us if we don’t tow the pro-genocide line

Links for proof? Or is this fake news? If you mean this then I don’t think you know what queerphobic is. They’re actually making fun of gay people who support a regime that wants to slit their throat the moment they sense any gayness in someone. :rainbow::heart::coffee:

https://twitter.com/LeviYonit/status/1721272323087401428/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1721272323087401428&currentTweetUser=LeviYonit

• Thumbs Down 17

2 minutes ago, What_A_Mess said:

Links for proof? Or is this fake news? If you mean this then I don’t think you know what queerphobic is. They’re actually making fun of gay people who support a regime that wants to slit their throat the moment they sense any gayness in someone. :rainbow::heart::coffee:

https://twitter.com/LeviYonit/status/1721272323087401428/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1721272323087401428&currentTweetUser=LeviYonit

I mean if you don’t see anything queerphobic about the presentation, the complete straw manning of what queer people are actually advocating for, the dismissal of queer Palestinians as secret terrorists, the racism of the Palestinian caricature… well it certainly goes a long way to enlightening us on where you stand on a multitude of issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

This pinkwashing has got to stop. Stop wasting your time troll. Good people everywhere can see through it. Before I am gay, I am Palestinian. Before I can work towards my country to accept me more for who I am, I need that country to actually exist and not be carpet bombed off the face of the planet.

Anyways, this queen is :clap3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I mean if you don’t see anything queerphobic about the presentation, the complete straw manning of what queer people are actually advocating for, the dismissal of queer Palestinians as secret terrorists, the racism of the Palestinian caricature… well it certainly goes a long way to enlightening us on where you stand on a multitude of issues

Respectfully, the program says satire. Taking that seriously is like when people review Onion articles and take it literally.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Oh it's gay IDF, I guess we should stop criticizing them killing civilians otherwise we are homophobic :ducky:

15 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Respectfully, the program says satire. Taking that seriously is like when people review Onion articles and take it literally.

Ok? And it’s shitty satire, I don’t get to throw out a minstrel show and just call it satire

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Ok? And it’s shitty satire, I don’t get to throw out a minstrel show and just call it satire

I did not say anything about the quality, i was talking about using something that is satire to say “this represents a country is queerphobic.” Which is why i compared it to The Onion and when people post Onion articles as if they are true/representative of a culture. You’re the one who took a shitty satire cartoon and tried to use it to say a country is sending. Queerphobic messages and draw an inference on a different users politics based on … nothing.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.