• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

30 minutes ago, Domination said:

Go on CNN right now and look at the coverage of the ongoing conflict/occupation and compare it to AJ, Fox News, or the Times of Israel.

Yes, CNN is absolutely motivated by corporate interests. As I said before, the degree to which this is true is critical and there is a stark difference between CNN and the three listed above.

Sure if both parties (Israel and Palestinians) were equally at fault then you could say that CNN was the most 'balanced'. But that is absolutely not the case. The Isreali Government is actively committing genocide and has illegally expanded their occupation over decades. That is the truth. And of the outlets you mentioned, AJ comes far closer to the truth.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Domination said:

You couldn’t make that argument because Al Jazeera and Fox News are explicitly motivated by interests beyond reporting the news. All major media does have a slant but the degree to which that influences reporting is actually critical.

i would have agreed with you 13 days ago but seeing those media organizations spread that propaganda and continue to spread  it showed me otherwise. they’re no different than fox news or aljazeera. they just hide it better. 

Edited by Nova_23

2 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

The mentioned intercept article leaves out the context and is thus misleading. Israel gave funds to what Hamas was back then, a branch of the Muslim brotherhood. A peaceful Islamic organisation that provided social services, built mosques, etc. Israel did this to weaken the secular and violent PLO. That was all before 1987 when the organisation took a Militarist nationalist turn and Hamas eventuell emerged. 

Also one Google search away. 

Hmmmm

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Domination said:

Go on CNN right now and look at the coverage of the ongoing conflict/occupation and compare it to AJ, Fox News, or the Times of Israel.

Yes, CNN is absolutely motivated by corporate interests. As I said before, the degree to which this is true is critical and there is a stark difference between CNN and the three listed above.

I’ve been watching CNN talk about the rise of antisemitism in the wake of this. Weird that’s the framing even though pro Israel landlord just killed an Arab child in the states

• Like 10

The Israeli military has a “green light” to move into Gaza whenever it’s ready, according to Israel’s economy minister, Nir Barkat.

Hostages and civilian casualties will be secondary to destroying Hamas, he said in an interview with ABC News.

“We shall do all efforts to bring our hostages, to bring our hostages [back] alive…” he said, but the “first and last priority” is destroying Hamas.

from The Guardian

Just now, Redstreak said:

I’ve been watching CNN talk about the rise of antisemitism in the wake of this. Weird that’s the framing even though pro Israel landlord just killed an Arab child in the states

don't live in the US so can't say for sure but it feels like that story did not get the coverage it deserved

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

from The Guardian

Hostages secondary :deadbanana2: they really don’t care. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Hostages and civilian casualties will be secondary

Yeah it's over

Lets say that Israel destroys the Hamas what will happen next to Palestine? Can they at least put Abbas in power? If the apartheid continues a new terrorist group will easily emerge. They need to end the apartheid.  

My heart is heavy today. I would hate to see Lebanon get dragged into this. I have family there 

3 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Lets say that Israel destroys the Hamas what will happen next to Palestine? Can they at least put Abbas in power? If the apartheid continues a new terrorist group will easily emerge. They need to end the apartheid.  

Israel is not going to do a ******* thing to Hamas. And even if they did destroy Hamas, the only thing that would happen is a new organization even more anti-Israel and more violent than Hamas emerging in Gaza.

It’s very clear that Israel is using the attacks on October 7th as a means to further kill more Palestinian civilians and annex more Palestinian land illegally. If Israel genuinely cares about ending violence amongst both sides in the region (they don’t care), they would end the illegal occupation of Palestine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, RihRihGirrrl said:

Sure if both parties (Israel and Palestinians) were equally at fault then you could say that CNN was the most 'balanced'. But that is absolutely not the case. The Isreali Government is actively committing genocide and has illegally expanded their occupation over decades. That is the truth. And of the outlets you mentioned, AJ comes far closer to the truth.

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

I’m not advocating that you use CNN as a valid source of information. The point is that applauding a dogmatic state run media arm like AJ is beyond weird.

2 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

It is almost as if they are following this down to each and every point.

F8z533BWMAASWHp?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

their social media is so sinister

That's why u gotta just block every single twitter account related to their government, incl. their journalists, politicians and embassies.

Don't have time for their evil lies while thousands die by their hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

You think Israel cares what happens to Palestine? If they had it their way it wouldn't exist and they won't stop until they wipe Palestine of the map.

• Like 4

“I understand I’m saying things close to Nazism”

… not to mention, baseless. Israel requires all their youth to eventually serve in the IDF. How does one twist reality in this way so confidently? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.