Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

This is scaring me. I have no doubts that we will have an updated version of this map after this year's war :/

The Occupation - Palestine Portal

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

8 minutes ago, Chemist said:

This is scaring me. I have no doubts that we will have an updated version of this map after this year's war :/

i wonder where Hamas is hiding their weapons in the west bank. what other reason could israel want to invade :coffee2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloröx said:

This man is a demon :doc:

Ohh he went from clown of the town to unalive yourself

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

I think they are the most vocal EU country when criticizing Israel :clap3:

And this will go directly to the pockets of Hamas’ leader and his family who are all enjoying a lavish lifestyle in Qatar while Palestinians perish in war. So naive.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/far-from-gaza-hardships-hamas-chief-and-family-enjoy-easy-life-in-qatar/

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 13

10 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

i wonder where Hamas is hiding their weapons in the west bank. what other reason could israel want to invade :coffee2:

This outrageous take has to be a troll... like :stare:

• Confused 1

Elected Democrats now attacking progressive Jewish groups. :biblio:

I can’t believe people in here claimed Israel did create/fund hamas :rip:its bad faith misinformation and literally a conspiracy

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 19

33 minutes ago, Khris said:

This outrageous take has to be a troll... like :stare:

Like if they can even move people, let alone guns. West Bank and Gaza are isolated 

Edited by campelo

6 hours ago, Chemist said:

This propaganda'd map again? 

eta: All the downvotes for what, pointing out that this map is known for its manipulation of facts? This thread is something else

Edited by Komet blu
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

4 hours ago, Cloröx said:

I think they are the most vocal EU country when criticizing Israel :clap3:

Ireland has first hand experience of how badly the British can **** things up when they occupy their lands (and they still occupy part of Ireland), so perhaps it's only natural that they empathise with another people living under occupation.

Unfortunately most people in Europe and most Americans will empathise with the whitest/most western group of people.

Spoiler

most of ATRL too

That is how you end up with people who believe that Palestinians should accept endless occupation and apartheid, or be grateful for an Israeli offer of a postage stamp sized state, or a collection of bantustans, or as some have suggested, an opportunity to become refugees in Egypt. But when it comes to Ukraine, those same people will insist on military support for the Ukrainian people who's lands have been occupied and insist of sanctions against the Russian occupier, until every sq km of land is freed.

Edit: In case it needs stating, the people of Ukraine have the right to resist the Russian invasion and occupation. They have the right to request assistance and other countries have the right to provide assistance, including military assistance.

• Like 6

Countries sending aid to Palestine : This will go straight to Hamas pocket

US/UK sending military aid/weapons to Israel : Bring it on baby!!!!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

I can’t believe people in here claimed Israel did create/fund hamas :rip:its bad faith misinformation and literally a conspiracy

leave this thread already. all you do is call a “myth” and “conspiracy” everything you wish it was or just want to cover it as that. but at the same time you blind believe anything Israel and the US say. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

13 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

leave this thread already. all you do is call a “myth” and “conspiracy” everything you wish it was or just want to cover it as that. but at the same time you blind believe anything Israel and the US say. 👍🏻

Thing is, I don’t. My last post before Friday was even that Israel needs to be stopped :rip: 

Still, the idea that Israel funded or even created Hamas is not true - and it is ironic that the side that repeats those fake news to manipulate people’s perception about Israel, spend the other half of the time accusing pro-Israelis of being the liars and sole people to be affected by propaganda.

claiming „Israel funded Hamas“ is misinformation. Fantasizing that Israel did so in order to create a monster that they could genocide later on is conspiracy 

Edited by Brunette Ambition
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

3 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

Thing is, I don’t. My last post before Friday was even that Israel needs to be stopped :rip: 

Still, the idea that Israel funded or even created Hamas is not true - and it is ironic that the side that repeats those fake news to manipulate people’s perception about Israel, spend the other half of the time accusing pro-Israelis of being the liars and sole people to be affected by propaganda.

prove it

22 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

This is not a new claim that Israel helped create Hamas, it's been covered in the WSJ and other well known publications for more than a decade.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090926212507/http:/online.wsj.com/article/SB123275572295011847.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150813061240/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

When Israel first encountered Islamists in Gaza in the 1970s and '80s, they seemed focused on studying the Quran, not on confrontation with Israel. The Israeli government officially recognized a precursor to Hamas called Mujama Al-Islamiya, registering the group as a charity. It allowed Mujama members to set up an Islamic university and build mosques, clubs and schools. Crucially, Israel often stood aside when the Islamists and their secular left-wing Palestinian rivals battled, sometimes violently, for influence in both Gaza and the West Bank.

Meanwhile, the activities of Islamists affiliated with Egypt's banned Muslim Brotherhood were allowed in the open in Gaza — a radical departure from when the Strip was administered by the secular-nationalist Egyptian government of Gamal Abdel Nasser. Egypt lost control of Gaza to Israel after the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, which saw Israel also seize the West Bank. In 1966, Nasser had executed Sayyid Qutb, one of the Brotherhood's leading intellectuals. The Israelis saw Qutb's adherents in the Palestinian territories, including the wheelchair-bound Sheik Ahmed Yassin, as a useful counterweight to Arafat's PLO.

This shouldn't be a huge surprise, the United States funded militants in Afghanistan when they saw them as the enemy of Soviet communism.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Letemtalk said:

This is not a new claim than Israel helped create Hamas, it's been covered in the WSJ and other well known publications for more than a decade.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090926212507/http:/online.wsj.com/article/SB123275572295011847.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150813061240/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/

This shouldn't be a huge surprise, the United States funded militants in Afghanistan when they saw them as the enemy of Soviet communism.

I mean are we surprise at this point? ISIS and Taliban also products of USA :gaycat7:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Komet blu said:

This propaganda'd map again? 

Propagation is the word you're looking for

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not sure if it's been posted already, but this is what REAL journalism looks like. :clap3: Ended the BBC.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

claiming „Israel funded Hamas“ is misinformation. Fantasizing that Israel did so in order to create a monster that they could genocide later on is conspiracy 

"Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas. This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank" - Benjamin Netanyahu told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019.

https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politi/2023-10-09/ty-article/.highlight/0000018b-10f0-d2fb-a3df-d1f5ac2a0000

F8R-_lTWkAIMQft?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/2020-02-24/ty-article/.premium/netanyahu-israel-mossad-chief-doha-qatar-continue-hamas-gaza-money-transfer/0000017f-ded8-d856-a37f-ffd88a960000

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

Were people really saying that or were they just saying that if Israel didn't take Palestinians' human rights away, Hamas probably wouldn't exist?

Everyone with a brain knew this. Even channel 4 news is calling out the leaked audio where Hamas doesn’t even use cell phones. It took IDF months before they ever admitted to killing a Palestinian journalist. I doubt they will ever admit this though due to the implications..

Edited by sillycilla
  • Like 1

Just an example of social media (especially Reddit) being astroturfed by pro Israel propaganda.

A post in r/worldnews promotes the narrative that a hospital that is in the middle of a war zone where thousands are injured somehow only accommodates 80 patients and that it is impossible for there to have been more people there. Because its no like hospitals in war zones get overrun or anything, or that there is staff caring for patients in beds.

An example of comments being spammed in response to people questioning the headline:

xhMgl04.pnguVQxjkS.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.