Final predictions (1/27): Ariana #1, leading by 17pts

B-Luke

littlebodybigheart
Just now, spree said:

yes, a gimmick is a gimmick.  Plus Willow and Cardigan had all that signed digital crap that increased website sales.  Gimmicks for #1 aren't just remixes. 

if that’s the case then ariana has had a new gimmick with each one of her releases this decade. i’m glad we could end this discussion in agreement :heart:

• Like 9

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kasix

• pride4jc1222

• Maroonx

• Ger

Girl.... 12 versions and the gap is still less than 2%?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Who effing cares if this has 12 versions or if the gap is low. The GP does not give an f to that. All they will know is it's the #1 song in America in that week. :celestial3:

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

So its still not even guaranteed, that margin is small :deadbanana4:

• Haha 5

I have zero hope 

13 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Girl.... 12 versions and the gap is still less than 2%?

Girl it’s not 2011 anymore you can top iTunes with less than 10k sales 

surely her lead is bigger than 5 points taking into consideration sales of all the other versions released

is dat my girl with three songs in da Top 20?

• Like 5

God i thought taylors fraud was bad but Ariana makes her look so organic and gluten free :rip: 

This is the most forced #1 I've seen since Die For You :gaycat7:

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

Cruel Summer is not bigger than 8 week #1 7 rings and 7 week #1 TUN. Both are eligible for Diamond certifications in the U.S. 

Cruel Summer has more weeks in the top 10 because chart performance is relative and it had the benefit of climbing the charts opposed to debuting high. Cruel Summer is going to pass the amount of weeks Flowers had in the top 10 in 3 weeks, is it bigger than Flowers too despite Flowers spending 8 weeks at #1? Cruel Summer is a huge hit but using its weeks in the top 10 as a metric for being "bigger" is purposely being obtuse. 

Well it's going to surpass Flowers on Spotify by March/April. They are 100M streams apart and Cruel Summer is getting more than twice the daily streams (2M vs 4.4M), before The Eras Tour resumes for an entire year of shows around the world. Similarly, TUN is 200M away but Cruel Summer is getting 3.8M more daily streams. Only 7 rings is very far away for now (500M difference). 

• Like 7

littlebodybigheart

“yes, and? (edit)” is sending me :deadbanana2:

the next one is the spanish version, portuguese version, and japanese version by tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Well it's going to surpass Flowers on Spotify by March/April. They are 100M streams apart and Cruel Summer is getting more than twice the daily streams (2M vs 4.4M), before The Eras Tour resumes for an entire year of shows around the world. Similarly, TUN is 200M away but Cruel Summer is getting 3.8M more daily streams. Only 7 rings is very far away for now (500M difference). 

To be fair CS had already built up at least 500M streams when Flowers came out right?

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

To be fair CS had already built up at least 500M streams when Flowers came out right?

Around 400M yeah, but CS became a single 4 months later so I think it kinda even things out. It's going to surpass Flowers ignoring the first 4 years of Cruel Summer in 2024 anyway. 

My point was merely to say that Cruel Summer was a hit in the same league as the Flowers and 7 Rings though, and that it is one of the biggest hits this decade. Its run is likely far from over judging by its insane stability (it first started getting +4M updates in like June last year, and is still getting them without touring). 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

“yes, and? (edit)” is sending me :deadbanana2:

the next one is the spanish version, portuguese version, and japanese version by tomorrow.

Serving Girlfriend :ahh:if that happens 

• Haha 1

Jack blocking Arianna was not expected but deserved.

9 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Who tf is still listening to that jack song jfc 

Obviously everyone in the country :dies:

hope she will get it :1stplace:

10 hours ago, spree said:

it's all the same.  It's not like Karma was at #73 or something.  They were both vying for potential #1 no matter what week it is.  You remember Willow and Cardigan, right? 

LOL Karma debuted with more than 300 points which Ariana would need to sell 150k remixes at this point to reach. Get a grip.

how silly are you to bring up karma (the 3rd single) when the conversation is your fave flopping so hard that she couldn’t debut #1 in with her 3 year comeback? 

Edited by Kasix
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, spree said:

yes, a gimmick is a gimmick.  Plus Willow and Cardigan had all that signed digital crap that increased website sales.  Gimmicks for #1 aren't just remixes. 

LOOOL imagine reaching such a low point that you’re comparing your fave’s 3 year comeback single produced by Max Martin released in the middle of January where the music scene is completely dead and everything on the charts are leftovers from last year to folk songs :bibliahh:

Especially, not to mention both cardigan and willow still earned more points from

streaming alone than your fave’s new single will earn with streaming + radio + all of the sales from those 14 or 16 remixes :bibliahh:

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, Kasix said:

LOL Karma debuted with more than 300 points which Ariana would need to sell 150k remixes at this point to reach. Get a grip.

how silly are you to bring up karma (the 3rd single) when the conversation is your fave flopping so hard that she couldn’t debut #1 in with her 3 year comeback? 

Go touch grass.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2