Spotify: yes, and? 53.885m first week

B-Luke

Honestly I think she shouldn't release an album yet

Drop 1 or 2 standalone singles then lay low during summer

She should focus on Wicked during fall/winter IMO.. and hoped that it would become a hit and ppl would find her more likable due to the movie success

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Raspberries

• Badgalbriel

• B-Luke

The Euro girlies spending years with hostile comments about her making r&b music only to now get what they want yet call her a flop for being #1 in places like Apple Music Germany but only mildly ahead at #1 on US Spotify. :deadbanana4:

So we agree  her trap-pop ring tones were actually her strongest material based on their clearer success? :clap3:Hopefully the rumors of Single #2 being 90s r&b are true then.

Edited by Communion
  • Haha 2

Ariana is fighting for the #1

It's loved WW, but the US is not catching on... (yet)

Maybe it will be a slow burner, but I fear the #1 is not going to happen.

Once again the United States shows that they have the most poor taste of all Western countries... seriously the average music consumer in the US really doesn't wanna hear any **** unless it has a ''cool'' and ''effortless'' vibe. Especially with younger demographics. I'm not saying ''yes, and?'' is like a highly complex masterpiece but there's something to be said for the pattern in which Europe instantly catches on to these dancefloor songs and the US ALWAYS lags behind. It's so frustrating :deadbanana:

• Like 17
  • Thumbs Down 3

The US having garbage taste as usual if this even has to "fight" for the #1 there in the first place, against Jack Harlow of all people :stare:

Great numbers though regardless and hope this bop goes #1 in the US :heart:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean the US is also snubbing Houdini so wbk they have terrible taste :coffee2:

• Like 11

Also not half the thread being Swifties getting lashed :bibliahh:

Spoiler

some of them kinda deserved it though

Spoiler

but tbh twitter arianators did kinda set themselves up by claiming this would out debut anti-hero

Spoiler

anyway 11M+ is VERY good considering I was personally doubtful if she'd even do 10M :rip:

22 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Once again the United States shows that they have the most poor taste of all Western countries... seriously the average music consumer in the US really doesn't wanna hear any **** unless it has a ''cool'' and ''effortless'' vibe. Especially with younger demographics. I'm not saying ''yes, and?'' is like a highly complex masterpiece but there's something to be said for the pattern in which Europe instantly catches on to these dancefloor songs and the US ALWAYS lags behind. It's so frustrating :deadbanana:

You_got_it_the_other_way_round.png

Dance music is literally awful and extremely dated. Europeans stanning it is the definition of lagging behind :deadbanana4: Thankfully America has taste :clap3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 26

25 minutes ago, Love Again said:

8 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

The US having garbage taste as usual if this even has to "fight" for the #1 there in the first place, against Jack Harlow of all people :stare:

Great numbers though regardless and hope this bop goes #1 in the US :heart:

6 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I mean the US is also snubbing Houdini so wbk they have terrible taste :coffee2:

Me when I hate diversity

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, -brian said:

Me when I hate diversity

So we hate diversity, and not the USAmerican GP who have consistently snubbed dance/EDM music in the mainstream since the late 2010s, making their pop music landscape less diverse... okay :coffee2:

• Confused 1

i really dont like this song BUT I am excited for the album. She always serves in the end so I'm not worried

This is Ariana's best song since break up with your girlfriend and bloodline!

Also not this thread turning into Euro vs American girlies because of house music nnnnn;

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Machete said:

You_got_it_the_other_way_round.png

Dance music is literally awful and extremely dated. Europeans stanning it is the definition of lagging behind :deadbanana4: Thankfully America has taste :clap3:

Calling ALL dance music afwul and extremely dated is a stretch :deadbanana:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

So we hate diversity, and not the USAmerican GP who have consistently snubbed dance/EDM music in the mainstream since the late 2010s, making their pop music landscape less diverse... okay :coffee2:

It’s #1 on US Spotify 

1 minute ago, -brian said:

It’s #1 on US Spotify 

Nobody is denying facts like that, we're just talking about how an Ariana comeback single has to fight with the "pineapple juice, I give her sweet, sweet, sweet semen" singer for #1 :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

This was always going to be a battle in the US, so I’m happy she’s starting to fight for it! I think I saw someone say it’s the kind of song that serves #1-#6-etc in the US and as much as I love it, yeah, that’s true. 

Loving the extended mix, fight harder Ari :kiss:

9 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Wasn't Rain On Me #1? Wasn't Break My Soul #1? Wasn't Don't Start Now and Levitating some of the biggest hits of the 2020s? Aren't Stay and Blinding Lights absolutely massive? Cold Heart wasn't a hit? Cuff It? Dance The Night? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Nobody is denying facts like that, we're just talking about how an Ariana comeback single has to fight with the "pineapple juice, I give her sweet, sweet, sweet semen" singer for #1 :deadbanana4:

Are u okay.. it’s m #1 on Spotify, how’s that being snubbed? It’s huge

You are upset there are also millions of ppl in the US who prefer hip hop and want them to start liking pop/dance instead? Why?

Yes, “pineapple juice, I give her sweet sweet sweet semen” singer is competing with the

“You know I keep it squeaky” singer 

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

Wasn't Rain On Me #1? Wasn't Break My Soul #1? Wasn't Don't Start Now and Levitating some of the biggest hits of the 2020s? Aren't Stay and Blinding Lights absolutely massive? Cold Heart wasn't a hit? Cuff It? Dance The Night? 

Right.. I’m confused 

Edited by -brian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are some of y’all really acting like yes and is some misunderstood masterpiece that the u.s “DoEsnt GeT”? Lmao get real 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, -brian said:

It’s #1 on Spotify, how’s that being snubbed? It’s huge.. 

You are upset there are also millions of ppl in the US who prefer hip hop and want them to start liking pop/dance instead? Why?

Also, their fumes over America when "yes, and" is currently #1 on US Spotify while tons of regional rap songs are perched at #1 and 80% of the top 10 on Spotify France, Germany, Italy, etc. while "yes, and" is out... :deadbanana4:

A lot of times these European ATRLers be comparing their gay-club attending circle to American GP, not taking a look at their own country's actual GP taste.

Edited by Machete
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, -brian said:

Me when I hate diversity

There is nothing diverse about Jack Harlow

:clack:

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

There is nothing diverse about Jack Harlow

:clack:

Obviously talking about diversity of genres and their audiences bud

Edited by -brian

3 hours ago, Klein said:

Fair points! But I could also counter that with Miracle, It Goes Like Na Na Na, Prada, Houdini and Tattoo being huge European hits but making way less noise in the US. It seems the more outspoken dancefloor or electronic a song is, the less well received it is in the US.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Machete said:

Also, their fumes over America when "yes, and" is currently #1 on US Spotify while tons of regional rap songs are perched at #1 and 80% of the top 10 on Spotify France, Germany, Italy, etc. while "yes, and" is out... :deadbanana4:

A lot of times these European ATRLers be comparing their gay-club attending circle to American GP, not taking a look at their own country's actual GP taste.

True Ari has a chance to debut at number one which she won’t be doing across Europe :dies: hell she will barley make the top 30 

that’s not bad and actually above average but still this discourse is random and kind of disingenuous :suburban: