Spotify: yes, and? 53.885m first week

B-Luke

Surprised about the UK drop but as expected the US isn't feeling it as much as the rest of the world. Not sure why people in the single thread go so offended when it was suggested this would happen.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Raspberries

• Badgalbriel

• B-Luke

Not a bad drop cute but could be performing better especially on apple music

This is a terrific hold! It will be a WW hit but maybe not something the US will embrace, it could be a slow burner in the US though.

It’s growing on me but I still feel like it’s her worst lead single.

I don’t even think it’s the production that people are not enjoying, they’re just not vibing with the atrocious lyrics at all 

the US apple music underperformance is kinda shocking. It's still Ariana after all. TUN/7R/Positions were all huge on that platform. 

Day 2 drops:

Flowers:  + 24.8%

Shakira/Bizarrap: -4.8%

Vampire: -18.2%

Die For You Remix: -24.7%

Yes, and: -26.4% 

Anti-Hero: -29.7%

Not a very good drop considering Saturday tends to favor party-type songs

On 1/13/2024 at 11:29 AM, Love Again said:

Oh Houdini is extremely stable with 2M strihms daily, her Russian Roulette moment before her Rude Boy is coming! We love an indie hit :clap3:

OT: Yes Ariana yes huge numbers :clap3:

u guys said it will smash and be #1 on Global after Christmas but we’re closer to Easter now

• Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Its....a new release

Will continue to drop 

Why does the gp always put some dumbass awful song at the top when one of our girls release a bop

IMG_4679.gif?ex=65b66244&is=65a3ed44&hm=

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

the US apple music underperformance is kinda shocking. It's still Ariana after all. TUN/7R/Positions were all huge on that platform. 

Those songs were more r&b leaning, this is way poppier. 

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

Is it a party type song though? It's a little too chill and airy. It's more of a No Tears Left To Cry than a Rain On Me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Its....a new release

So was every other song I compared it to 

This hold is pretty typical right?

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

This hold is pretty typical right?

Yeah, I don't get the responses here. The US numbers are pretty poor, yes, but the rest of the world is supporting the song. 

32 minutes ago, Dephira said:

So was every other song I compared it to 

The "Saturday favors dance & party song" argument only applies to established hits that have been out for weeks, not on their 2nd days

• Like 1

yeah the #1 in the US ain’t happening, at least on debut week, best case is a BMS situation where it rises on radio and goes #1 with the album release

I think there’s a chance in the UK tho

On 1/13/2024 at 5:09 AM, Raspberries said:

For females

#1. “Anti-Hero” — 17.4M
#2. “Lavender Haze” — 16.4M
#3. “Snow On The Beach” — 15M
#4. “Maroon” — 14.4M
#5. “Shakira BZRP” — 14.4M
#6. “You’re On Your Own, Kid” — 12.8M
#7. “Midnight Rain” — 12.6M
#8. “Vigilante ****” — 11.9M
#9. “Style (TV)” — 11.6M
#10. “Question...?” — 11.5M
#11. “****!” — 11.3M
#12. “yes, and?” — 11.2M (NEW)
#13. “Karma” — 10.8M
#14. “Bejeweled” — 10.5M
#15. “Blank Space (TV)” — 10.35M
#16. “Say Don't Go” — 10.33M
#17. “Is It Over Now?” — 10.02M
#18. “Welcome To New York (TV)” — 9.842M
#19. “Labyrinth” — 9.841M
#20. “vampire” — 9.79M
#21. “Now That We Don't Talk” — 9.73M

I don’t see Easy On Me on the list. 

This i ls doing amazing, but im a little bit worried about the uk drop. They love her. 

Edited by AcidPrince

30 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The "Saturday favors dance & party song" argument only applies to established hits that have been out for weeks, not on their 2nd days

This is completely incorrect, why on earth would people who go to a party on Saturday say "this song just came out yesterday, so I'm not going to play it. Let me instead play the party song that came out 3 weeks ago"?

All else equal, a new party song released on Friday would be expected to post a better Saturday decline than a new non-party song released on the same Friday. The drop is not terrible, and 2nd day drops should be taken with a grain of salt anyway, but it's middling at best. 

7 minutes ago, Dephira said:

This is completely incorrect, why on earth would people who go to a party on Saturday say "this song just came out yesterday, so I'm not going to play it. Let me instead play the party song that came out 3 weeks ago"?

All else equal, a new party song released on Friday would be expected to post a better Saturday decline than a new non-party song released on the same Friday. The drop is not terrible, and 2nd day drops should be taken with a grain of salt anyway, but it's middling at best. 

It’s the opposite actually, people are not gonna know a song that dropped yesterday and sing/dance to, but if it’s the party songs they’ve heard and know from previous days then they will 

12 minutes ago, Dephira said:

You think people in parties know a song that is 1 day old? :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

It’s the opposite actually, people are not gonna know a song that dropped yesterday and sing/dance to, but if it’s the party songs they’ve heard and know from previous days then they will 

Do you have any data backing this up because it basically goes entirely against conventional chart tracker wisdom? It will very likely go down in estimated chart points as the week goes on

In any case, her drop does not compare favorably to any song that debuted with similar numbers except for Anti-Hero, which was released alongside an entire album. 

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

You think people in parties know a song that is 1 day old? :rip: 

You're the one who seems to think that since you literally said there's no Saturday effect for new releases :rip: do you even understand yourself what you are saying?

Edited by Dephira

Actually new songs do get a major boost on Saturday because of dance playlists.

I see the song spammed on a lot of them 

So that's why. Doesn't matter if the song is 1 day old or not

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:53 AM, mrpartyrocker said:

So that’s not a debut as it wasn’t a full 24hrs tracking of streams! You class a debut a song that has been out for 24 hours, not partial 

That’s not how debuts work. It didn’t have 24 hours but that was her own’s team fault to maximize her UK chart debut. 

On 1/13/2024 at 8:51 AM, mrpartyrocker said:

Should we also go through the list of how many bfs your fave had? That won’t look good either

THIS is what you choose as argument? Plain misogyny that says more about your personal life than her’s. 

Ariana’s numbers are more than fine, except that UK second day.