Justin Timberlake - "Selfish"

TalkThatRihanna

Those numbers are surprisingly good considering the poor playlisting and the fact that he hasnt had a hit for a while
#60 on US AM is pretty impressive

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starkboy

• omrimayo

• allforyou

• Ron Ng

The best song I've heard in such a long time :jonnycat:

JT'S BACK BABY :clap3:

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of JT or even Britney, but I can't remember both "Selfish". One is too minimal, like cheap knock-off from 2019 Billie Eilish, second is too basic electro-pop to be brave about.

I like it. It gets better with each listen. 

Hopefully it’ll do better on Spotify in the coming weeks.

Super respect results on Spotify, with zero support that's nice, hopefully it will click more with gp and start to be added on playlists.

45 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Super respect results on Spotify, with zero support that's nice, hopefully it will click more with gp and start to be added on playlists.

seems like it's responding very nicely to AM playlists

#9 +8 Denmark

#11 +9 Switzerland

#13 +5 Sweden

#16 +12 Norway

#24 +12 Netherlands

#25 +5 Canada

#26 +18 Germany

#28 +7 Ireland

#32 +14 UK

#39 +25 Poland

#39 Austria

#55 Finland

#65 -5 USA 

#67 +14 Brazil

#72 Portugal

#95 NE Singapore

#119 NE Malaysia

#125 NE New Zealand

#162 NE Spain

#187 NE Belgium

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

seems like it's responding very nicely to AM playlists

#9 +8 Denmark

#11 +9 Switzerland

#13 +5 Sweden

#16 +12 Norway

#24 +12 Netherlands

#25 +5 Canada

#26 +18 Germany

#28 +7 Ireland

#32 +14 UK

#39 +25 Poland

#39 Austria

#55 Finland

#65 -5 USA 

#67 +14 Brazil

#125 NE New Zealand

#187 NE Belgium

Yeah yeah I 've said it yesterday, AM gave it a nice support and we can see the numbers are great, Spotify on the other hand... it's not just no TTH, it's not anywhere.

I just saw it's getting great airplay updates. Maybe a top 20 debut will happen

84 +39
Justin Timberlake - Selfish
1 84   12.21 +4.20 4 (+1)

The problem is that the biggest day was thursday so it will be affected by the rolling effect the last day of the tracking week

Spotify

2.258.521 streams 

Mirrors +743.175

Can't Stop The Feeling! +577.783

Rock Your Body +534.054

SexyBack +510.031

Better Place +368.782

My Love +292.114

Better Place (Family Harmony) +290.195

Cry Me A River +289.493

Give It To Me +280k

4 Minutes +272.229

What Goes Around...Comes Back Around +233.312

Ayo Technology +159.168

Say Something +147.238

Holy Grail +101.195

Dead And Gone +100k

Summer Love +100.431

Suit & Tie +96.902 

his recurrent streams are too good for someone supposed to be cancelled :huh:

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 6:03 PM, JustRelax said:

If JLo was your favorite:ace:

What's the difference? Like JT, J.Lo used to serve bops, not forgettable songs.

OT: It's alright. 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

What's the difference? Like JT, J.Lo used to serve bops, not forgettable songs.

OT: It's alright. 

J.Lo is a product, JT is a talent. That’s the difference. J.Lo serves generic pop.

• Thumbs Down 2

it's so comfortable and soothing

like a massage for the brain :smitten:

• Like 1

Apple Music global daily chart

1st day: #48

2nd day: #36 (+12)

• Like 1

Doing very well on AM so far.

• Like 1

-72 on Spotify Global… yikes. Hope he can turn things around!

Spotify 2nd day

#164 (-72) Global 1,284,569 (-341k)

#44 (-13) USA 586,165 (-166k)

Expected considering he's only on NMF playlists and those mostly effect friday streams. Still not bad in America.

• Like 1

Its a cute song, tho it wouldve sounded better with Bieber. Its very Bieber coded tbh

• Like 2

#164 (-72) on Spotify Global for its 2nd full day.

Ouch.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flocon said:

#164 (-72) on Spotify Global for its 2nd full day.

Ouch.

3rd say OUT 

Im sorry but there absolutely zero hype . Its very hard for a 00s artist to stay relevant 😪 

• Like 1

Apple Music (27 hours later)

#8 +1 Denmark

#8 +3 Switzerland

#13 = Sweden

#13 +3 Norway

#18 +8 Germany

#22 +3 Canada

#22 +17 Austria

#23 +5 Ireland

#25 -1 Netherlands

#26 +6 UK

#26 +13 Poland

#45 +27 Portugal

#61 +34 Singapore

#67 -12 Finland

#66 -1 USA 

#72 -5 Brazil

#76 +49 New Zealand

#92 +27 Malaysia

#139 +23 Spain

#164 +23 Belgium

#175 NE Indonesia

shocked it keeps rising here

GUYS

I am addicted to "Selfish" i cant sotp playing it.

"Sanctified" sounds really dope too. 

I want a vinyl i think, but no monies right now, gotta wait for Dua pre-sale and i just bought some other finals ive wanted for a while. 

It's really pretty damn good on AM, I mean very good, all over the world, but still... Spotify... nothing. His team MUST do something on the Spotify update on Monday, to add it somewhere, it's a joke now.

Its a decent song, just sounds and reminds of a song Justin Bieber would put out. 

I haven't listened to it but I asked ChatGPT to write a bad review of it so here is my review of it:

"Selfish" by Justin Timberlake: A Lackluster Release Amidst Lingering Controversy

Justin Timberlake, once celebrated as a pop sensation and musical innovator, finds himself facing a challenging moment with his latest release, "Selfish." While anticipation surrounded the track's debut, recent revelations from Britney Spears' memoir have cast a shadow over Timberlake's image, contributing to a palpable lack of excitement surrounding both the artist and his new music.

The controversy sparked by Britney Spears' candid memoir, where she details the tumultuous aspects of their past relationship, has undeniably affected the public's perception of Timberlake. The revelations about his behavior during their high-profile romance have left fans and the general audience questioning his character. This cloud of controversy undoubtedly influences how listeners approach "Selfish."

Against this backdrop, "Selfish" struggles to make a mark musically. The lackluster composition and uninspired lyrics are now compounded by the diminished goodwill stemming from the allegations made by Spears. The song's attempt to navigate themes of self-centeredness and individualism takes on a different hue in light of the recent revelations, making it difficult for listeners to separate the artist from the art.

Timberlake's failure to address or acknowledge the controversy surrounding him in the song adds to the disappointment. An artist's ability to navigate personal challenges and reflect on them through their work can often lead to powerful and resonant music. However, "Selfish" appears to sidestep the opportunity for Timberlake to address the elephant in the room, leaving fans wanting for a more honest and introspective exploration of his experiences.

As "Selfish" lacks the musical innovation and excitement that characterized Timberlake's earlier hits, it becomes increasingly evident that the artist is at a crossroads in his career. The controversy surrounding his personal life has undoubtedly played a role in diminishing the fervor that once accompanied his releases. The lack of a substantial response or commentary within the song only serves to deepen the sense of disconnection between Timberlake and his audience.

In conclusion, "Selfish" not only disappoints on a musical level but also struggles to overcome the shadow cast by recent controversies surrounding Justin Timberlake. The combination of lackluster artistry and a tarnished public image leaves fans questioning whether the artist can regain the trust and enthusiasm that once defined his career. As Timberlake navigates this challenging moment, the hope is that future releases will not only bring a return to musical brilliance but also a sincere reckoning with the complexities of his past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.