Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

BryceG

Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

Mariah has the talent and the music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• HardBambi

• folkhoax

• Inverted

Well, Mariah obviously is more talented, but I think I prefer J.Lo overall, because she is better entertainer for me.

7 hours ago, Aguilerian Democracy said:

Exactly because she knew that none of those girls was seeing her vocally or musically. Jlo had the backing of the man who bought a lot of her number ones, Christina had the voice to be compared to them, like Ariana, she made her feel threatened. Is just that a year after she gave Ariana the cold shoulder she realized the girl was too powerful and changed her tune. She has always been a nasty biatch lbr.

So much delusion here.

Mariah was not frustrated at JLo because she had the backing of her ex-husband lol. She participated in theft/unprofessional behavior. Tommy had managed multiple other artists who Mariah had no problems with. Destiny's Child blocked Loverboy (the block was carefully engineered by Tommy), but did she get angry at them over this? Jessica Simpson, under Columbia, was also made to look and sound like Mariah (from use of sample to Fantasy-inspired video). Did Mariah become bitchy to her? No, because this is all made up in your brain.

Xtina is something else though. Nobody liked her then, and nobody likes her now. She was disrespecting everyone then - from Madonna, MJB, Mariah, Britney, etc. If that isn't nasty biatch behavior, then I dunno what is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, folkhoax said:

So much delusion here.

Mariah was not frustrated at JLo because she had the backing of her ex-husband lol. She participated in theft/unprofessional behavior. Tommy had managed multiple other artists who Mariah had no problems with. Destiny's Child blocked Loverboy (the block was carefully engineered by Tommy), but did she get angry at them over this? Jessica Simpson, under Columbia, was also made to look and sound like Mariah (from use of sample to Fantasy-inspired video). Did Mariah become bitchy to her? No, because this is all made up in your brain.

Xtina is something else though. Nobody liked her then, and nobody likes her now. She was disrespecting everyone then - from Madonna, MJB, Mariah, Britney, etc. If that isn't nasty biatch behavior, then I dunno what is.

Funny thing is .. Jlo was signed to a label. The beat mariah is claiming that was stolen was already stolen by Mariah. It was a song by Yellow Jackets orchestra - Firecracker .. so you mean to tell me.. if you are (signed) to a label and they gave you a beat .. your going to tell them “No, Mariah has already reserved it!” 😂😂 smh .. help me make it make sense 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The disrespect to compare a vocal legend to a glorified karaoke singer (who happens to be a good actress)

Mariah Carey Entertainment GIF

off but on topic; why does J Lo always get compared to Mariah? (Outside of the obvious drama). Why don’t y’all compare her acting career to Angelina Jolie, Viola Davis or Meryl Streep :foxaylove2:

• Thanks 1

I don't like either one, but probably preferring J Lo a bit more. Mariah seems like a vile person in real life.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 hours ago, _j00nyer_ said:

Funny thing is .. Jlo was signed to a label. The beat mariah is claiming that was stolen was already stolen by Mariah. It was a song by Yellow Jackets orchestra - Firecracker .. so you mean to tell me.. if you are (signed) to a label and they gave you a beat .. your going to tell them “No, Mariah has already reserved it!” 😂😂 smh .. help me make it make sense 

How did Mariah "steal" it? Lol, dyo know how definitions work?

Mariah had already recorded her song with the firecracker sample. She obtained the rights to it by obviously paying for it. Tommy heard it and used the same sample for JLo (I'm Real). Because of this move, Mariah had to go back to the studio and re-record all of her vocals and secure a different sample for her song. That's not the only thing, btw. Tommy heard about Mariah's duet with Ja Rule (If we) and asked the producer to create a similar song for JLo (which became the I'm Real remix). 

Does it make sense now?

• Thanks 1

Mariah has gems on gems on gems of songs:clap3:

J.Lo has... Waiting For Tonight and Feelin So Good :michael:

(both bops though)

• Thanks 1

The singer and songwriter whose catalog is among the best of all time 

Jennifer Lopez's musical output is an abomination :skull: 

• Haha 1

I can’t believe the pole results :redface:

Mariah has bops, hits, and vocals STACKED

JLo has like 4 good songs 💀💀

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN
  • Thanks 1

Jennifer for me. She has dozens of great tunes. Mariah has 2. 

On 1/10/2024 at 11:54 AM, folkhoax said:

How did Mariah "steal" it? Lol, dyo know how definitions work?

Mariah had already recorded her song with the firecracker sample. She obtained the rights to it by obviously paying for it. Tommy heard it and used the same sample for JLo (I'm Real). Because of this move, Mariah had to go back to the studio and re-record all of her vocals and secure a different sample for her song. That's not the only thing, btw. Tommy heard about Mariah's duet with Ja Rule (If we) and asked the producer to create a similar song for JLo (which became the I'm Real remix). 

Does it make sense now?

So why you mad at Jlo ? And not Tommy … that’s what doesn’t make sense 😂 .. as I said previously .. if you were offered a singing contract and the management said , “this is the song your going to sing” .. what are you going to say? …. “No, I’m not singing that, because it’s Mariah’s” ?😂 Do you know how many samples and beats are passed around ? If Mariah had it and Tommy stole it why you mad at Jlo? How many times has Beyoncé stole from somebody and you all still STAN her 😂 

Edited by _j00nyer_
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, _j00nyer_ said:

So why you mad at Jlo ? And not Tommy … that’s what doesn’t make sense 😂 .. as I said previously .. if you were offered a singing contract and the management said this is the song your going to sing.. what are you going to say “No, I’m not singing that, because it’s Mariah’s” 😂 Do you know how many songs her past around ? If Mariah had it and Tommy stole it why you mad at Jlo 🤔

Who said I was mad at jlo? 🤣 If you can read😁, I replied to a poster who claimed Mariah was a biatch to every new girl. I gave proof that, in fact, she actually only shaded jlo because of her participation in the theft of the Glitter songs.

Songs getting passed around is different from theft. Is this hard for you to comprehend? 🤣

I am not Mariah, but if I were hospitalized for a mental breakdown, maybe almost driven to suicide, with an ex-husband who was actively trying to destroy my career, I would be mad at anyone who participated in that too. Imagine having no etiquette and being unprofessional and think you can just get away with it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, folkhoax said:

Who said I was mad at jlo? 🤣 If you can read😁, I replied to a poster who claimed Mariah was a biatch to every new girl. I gave proof that, in fact, she actually only shaded jlo because of her participation in the theft of the Glitter songs.

Songs getting passed around is different from theft. Is this hard for you to comprehend? 🤣

I am not Mariah, but if I were hospitalized for a mental breakdown, maybe almost driven to suicide, with an ex-husband who was actively trying to destroy my career, I would be mad at anyone who participated in that too. Imagine having no etiquette and being unprofessional and think you can just get away with it.

Why are you attacking me? 😂😂 comedy- over a sample? Jlo sampled a beat,  (suggested by her manager) dropped it first which is HARDLY theft because Tommy got the rights to the sample as well. Mariah didn’t come up with it! Both paid for it 

if he tried to ruin her career then that’s on them two. Why shade Jlo for trying to build her career? Mariah is just an ugly person that has issues with several artists..her delusional fans are the same…. Relax. 

You need some love baby, you seem really hurt. Dont forget to stream Can’t get Enough on iTunes 🫶

Edited by _j00nyer_

1 minute ago, _j00nyer_ said:

Why are you attacking me? 😂😂 comedy- over a sample? Jlo sampled a beat,  (suggested by her manager) dropped it first which is HARDLY theft because Tommy got the rights to the sample as well. Mariah didn’t come up with it! Both paid for it 

if he tried to ruin her career then that’s on them two. Why shade Jlo for trying to build her career? Mariah is just an ugly person that has issues with several artists..her delusional fans are the same…. Relax. 

Relax, dude. I know right, there's absolutely no reason to shade JLo even though that particular event started a chain of events that almost killed Mariah and her career. Yes, perfectly normal in the music industry. Mariah should've sucked it up. It's funny how you call JLo an "artist" even though you claimed she had no input at all in her music and only sang a song that was given to her by her management.

• Thanks 1

Mariah probably has my favorite discography of all time so her for sure. JLo has a lot of bops. Mariah's catalog is just too good though

Edited by Mezter
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, folkhoax said:

Relax, dude. I know right, there's absolutely no reason to shade JLo even though that particular event started a chain of events that almost killed Mariah and her career. Yes, perfectly normal in the music industry. Mariah should've sucked it up. It's funny how you call JLo an "artist" even though you claimed she had no input at all in her music and only sang a song that was given to her by her management.

I see it now… as a Lifetime doc..

Jlo samples song, Mariah driven to death over sample.😂🥴  No, input over all of her music? When did I say that? You might want to check the industry that’s how they roll. For upcoming artist.. management controls everything! I didn’t say Jlo had any input but if a sample is suggested you don’t say NO as an upcoming my artist. You don’t call the shots as an artist. Sorry 😉

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, _j00nyer_ said:

I see it now… as a Lifetime doc..

Jlo samples song, Mariah driven to death over sample.😂🥴  No, input over all of her music? When did I say that? You might want to check the industry that’s how they roll. For upcoming artist.. management controls everything! I didn’t say Jlo had any input but if a sample is suggested you don’t say NO as an upcoming my artist. You don’t call the shots as an artist. Sorry 😉

So I don't "call the shots as an artist" but know how the industry works and how "management controls everything?" Got it!

Also, You said this:

44 minutes ago, _j00nyer_ said:

f you were offered a singing contract and the management said , “this is the song your going to sing” .. what are you going to say? ….

make it make sense. 

ALso, chill bro. Just relax, no need to go delusional and make up stories about the music industry.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, folkhoax said:

What ruined Mariah’s “career” at the time were the tragic events of 9/11 by having that release date, yall are delulu! (Actual lives lost) Mariahs career ending and suicide…over a sample (hardly) the only thing ending and died was her marriage to a spiteful husband… Stop trying to blame Jlo … that’s a far reach and cry ✌️

• Confused 1

C'mon, musically the answer is obvious

But JLo has an amazing catalogue of bops. Like... "If You Had My Love", "Waiting for Tonight", "Love Don't Cost a Thing", "Play", "I'm Gonna Be Alright", "Jenny from the Block", "I'm Glad", "Get Right", "On the Floor", "Papi".... she was one of the MPGs of the early 2000s for a reason!

What ruined Mariah’s “career” at the time were the tragic events of 9/11 by having that release date, yall are delulu! (Actual lives lost) Mariahs career ending and suicide…over a sample (hardly) the only thing ending and died was her marriage to a spiteful husband… Stop trying to blame Jlo … that’s a far reach and cry ✌️

How about you see for yourself: 

Maybe you'll get some perspective from the actual victim

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, folkhoax said:

How about you see for yourself: 

Maybe you'll get some perspective from the actual victim

Because she had to re-record it. 🫠 how devastating 

• Confused 1

Because she had to re-record it. 🫠 how devastating 

Not cool to victim-shame.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.