Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

BryceG

Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• HardBambi

• folkhoax

• Inverted

17 hours ago, mojitos said:

But how is that possible since Mariah has 0 #1's in the huge markets of Slovenia and Andorra while jlo has multiple hits there?

Jlo more global ? Aint your mama was a massive hit all across Europe also. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stevyy said:

stream it. <3

Mariah received a Grammy nomination for producer of the year for the album on which the song appears. <3

Is that the same album which was the subject of three lawsuits ? Emotions ? 

• Thumbs Down 1

I like both women tbh. Mariah has no competition in singing department and she has a great discography. 

JLo has some major bops but most of her albums are hit or miss for me. Still, i had so much at her concert that i would choose her over Mariah if both have a concert the same day. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

I like both women tbh. Mariah has no competition in singing department and she has a great discography. 

JLo has some major bops but most of her albums are hit or miss for me. Still, i had so much at her concert that i would choose her over Mariah if both have a concert the same day. 

Current vocals ? 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Current vocals ? 

Even her current vocals are better than JLo, i guess everyone would agree on that. Jennifer is the much better performer though, she is highly entertaining.

Musically Mariah, as a meme Mariah, as a person J.Lo seems far nicer

I prefer Jennifer's music :sorry:

I prefer Jlo because she is not one to act shady towards new girls. Musically Mariah is golden but she truly annoyed me for life when she was being a nasty biatch to every new girl with enough talent to make her feel threatened, she changed her ways with Ariana because she saw the opportunity to get in the good graces of the streaming generation. 

• Like 1

I like a lot of Jennifer's classic singles, but I have multiple Mariah records in my collection. Because she's more creatively autonomous, the music feels more special. Mariah could do Love Don't Cost a Thing, but I don't know that Jennifer has a The Roof in her.

Musically, Mariah all day, every day. :beatfreak:

Personality wise, from how they conduct themselves publicly, well... :ninja:

JLo. I like Mariah music but her diva attitude is super annoying

JLo just because I've never been a massive R&B fan and she has more gay bops than Mariah

I do like some songs from Mariah too and I have her book, but I've not read it yet. I do think Mariah is more impactful, legendary and talented than JLo.

Mariah has timeless music. JLo has forgettable party songs.

JLo is great at romantic comedies, but there are better actresses who can do the same in better movies. Mariah is a living legend in music.

JLo has better sense of fashion though and is definitely the better dancer.

Overall, I'd say Mariah.

• Thanks 1

HEAVYONIT

Definitely Jennifer. Mariah is unbearable. 

8 hours ago, Aguilerian Democracy said:

I prefer Jlo because she is not one to act shady towards new girls. Musically Mariah is golden but she truly annoyed me for life when she was being a nasty biatch to every new girl with enough talent to make her feel threatened, she changed her ways with Ariana because she saw the opportunity to get in the good graces of the streaming generation. 

stupid. She said quite literally, that she disliked the narrative of Ariana being the NEW Mariah. She felt discarded as a human being. 

I would have been annoyed by that too, especially because it was relentless. 

And then Demi Lovato - out of all people - said that Ariana wasn't the NEW Mariah, she said Ariana was THE ORIGINAL Mariah and that Mariah Carey was a copy of The Original Mariah Carey. 

Worms for brains. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aguilerian Democracy said:

Yeah, this is not how I remembered this. Mariah didn't want people to label new artists as the "next Mariah" because she herself was still pretty active and working. A reporter asked her a similar question about Leona, and she said something like why would anyone want to be the next somebody, they should be known for their talent or something like that.

And she was not nasty to every new girl, come on. It was only with Xtina (who had questionable behavior at her own party, and then later on used their feud for her own promo) and JLo (whose participation in the theft of her sampled music led to a chain of events that almost killed her). Mariah has had nice words for Beyonce, Kelly, Britney, Rihanna, Ariana, and even Leona. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John Slayne said:

JLo just because I've never been a massive R&B fan and she has more gay bops than Mariah

I do like some songs from Mariah too and I have her book, but I've not read it yet. I do think Mariah is more impactful, legendary and talented than JLo.

The gayest song ever: Loverboy <3

I love it. 

32 minutes ago, folkhoax said:

Yeah, this is not how I remembered this. Mariah didn't want people to label new artists as the "next Mariah" because she herself was still pretty active and working. A reporter asked her a similar question about Leona, and she said something like why would anyone want to be the next somebody, they should be known for their talent or something like that.

And she was not nasty to every new girl, come on. It was only with Xtina (who had questionable behavior at her own party, and then later on used their feud for her own promo) and JLo (whose participation in the theft of her sampled music led to a chain of events that almost killed her). Mariah has had nice words for Beyonce, Kelly, Britney, Rihanna, Ariana, and even Leona. 

Mariah learned her lesson straight up from Whitney. Mariah was labelled the New Whitney. Mariah did not like it because she wanted to be known for herself and Whitney hated it for the same reason Mariah hated the Ariana comments, because the media wanted to replace her... and replacing a human being is very 1933 Germany and should never be OK. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Even her current vocals are better than JLo, i guess everyone would agree on that. Jennifer is the much better performer though, she is highly entertaining.

Mariah is currently being forced to lip 90 percent of her live shows so I don't think that is true at all.

1 hour ago, stevyy said:

Mariah learned her lesson straight up from Whitney. Mariah was labelled the New Whitney. Mariah did not like it because she wanted to be known for herself and Whitney hated it for the same reason Mariah hated the Ariana comments, because the media wanted to replace her... and replacing a human being is very 1933 Germany and should never be OK. 

No one called Mariah the "new Whitney" lol. 

• Confused 1

On 1/7/2024 at 4:32 AM, Mandalay said:

The OP is about personal preference, so it's not a problem.

Having said that, that one audio clip of Jlo where she attempted 'Enough is enough' and failed to find the key two times in a row was painful. I felt for her.

Except she nailed it at the end. 

The one with actual talent, I can't stand the other one (even tho WFT is a MAJOR BOP!!!)

Mariah. Even if JLo is erased from the history of music, nothing would change. Mariah's trailblazing influences and impact in the industry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, folkhoax said:

Exactly because she knew that none of those girls was seeing her vocally or musically. Jlo had the backing of the man who bought a lot of her number ones, Christina had the voice to be compared to them, like Ariana, she made her feel threatened. Is just that a year after she gave Ariana the cold shoulder she realized the girl was too powerful and changed her tune. She has always been a nasty biatch lbr.

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.