Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

BryceG

Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer in general: Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey?

I listen to JLo way more often

From Mariah there's only a couple of songs I use

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• HardBambi

• folkhoax

• Inverted

I think JLo is equally as talented as Mariah, all things considered.  JLo can sing, dance, act and perform, she is charismatic and a shrewd businesswoman.  Mariah is a gifted singer and songwriter but I would never want to see her concert (I find her live performances boring).  JLo’s Super Bowl was breathtaking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, HardBambi said:

I don’t mind shade, I love drag race hehe, but I don’t like the way Mimi does it, she seems painfully insecure and annoying lol

mirror mirror

• Thanks 1

Jlo is a great performer I guess, and she knows her way with olive oil.

But Mariah is a legendary vocalist with much better classics.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, LOTF said:

My LastFM, J.Lo Through The Years (2011 - 2023)

alltime ranking: #342

2011 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2012 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2013 - 5 streams ------ #155

2014 - 117 streams ---- #56

2015 - 71 streams ----- #104

2016 - 95 streams ----- #109

2017 - 1 stream -------- #418

2018 - 2 streams -------#581

2019 - 2 streams -------#572

2020 - 14 streams ----- #238

2021 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2022 - 47 streams ----- #186

2023 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

rs_600x600-140502060203-600.Jennifer-Lopez-Rihanna-JR-5214.jpg?fit=around%7C1200:1200&output-quality=90&crop=1200:1200;center,top

38 minutes ago, stevyy said:

mirror mirror

Not really

I love Madonna’s shade: “I would rather kill myself than being Mariah Carey because she’s boring”

I love JLo’s shade: “She’s forgetful” because she is

Mariah’s shade: “Some singers who are not really singers, I don't have the guts to name names, but I will continue to talk bull kind because I’m an Aries who can sing”

“I don't know her” - Girl you do know her and you’re actually obsessed with her 

“I don't her either and if she has a problem with me she should come to me and say it to my face” - Girl that is not what you do at all

Last but not least, Number 1 hit I’m real is 1 million times better than 1 cent Loverboy, and she didn't steal your sample, it was given to her, she didn't even know Loverboy

PS: Forgive me Statsvvy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The real problem with Mariah hating on J-Lo is that JLove is a million times sexier than her and she doesn’t know how to deal with that

#forgivemeStatsvvy #forgetful 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, stevyy said:

My LastFM, J.Lo Through The Years (2011 - 2023)

alltime ranking: #342

2011 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2012 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2013 - 5 streams ------ #155

2014 - 117 streams ---- #56

2015 - 71 streams ----- #104

2016 - 95 streams ----- #109

2017 - 1 stream -------- #418

2018 - 2 streams -------#581

2019 - 2 streams -------#572

2020 - 14 streams ----- #238

2021 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

2022 - 47 streams ----- #186

2023 - 0 streams ------ not ranked

The shade is … real

You’re real Statsvvy!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

Not really

I love Madonna’s shade: “I would rather kill myself than being Mariah Carey because she’s boring”

I love JLo’s shade: “She’s forgetful” because she is

Mariah’s shade: “Some singers who are not really singers, I don't have the guts to name names, but I will continue to talk bull kind because I’m an Aries who can sing”

“I don't know her” - Girl you do know her and you’re actually obsessed with her 

“I don't her either and if she has a problem with me she should come to me and say it to my face” - Girl that is not what you do at all

Last but not least, Number 1 hit I’m real is 1 million times better than 1 cent Loverboy, and she didn't steal your sample, it was given to her, she didn't even know Loverboy

PS: Forgive me Statsvvy

I laughed out loud. The ignorance on your behalf. U do you girl. 

I prefer 1ct Loverboy over I'm Real. <3 Lemme mirror your remark: Loverboy is 1 million times better.

Mariah is only shading J.Lo because of her involvement in the Mottola-Divorce-Sabotage scandal - no matter how big her involvement was, I believe Mariah is allowed to feel negatively about her. 

Irv Gotti, Damizza, Ja Rule all confirmed Mariah's version of events. It is not her problem that YOU seem to have a problem with the truth. 

About Miley and Demi: Miley was so out of line with her remarks. Where is your outrage about that? WHERE?

And Demi Lovato proved brain damage by her remarks - truly. She said that Ariana Grande was the original Mariah Carey and Mariah Carey was the copy of Mariah Carey. I mean... you cannot make this ish sound intelligent. It's straight up mental illness. 

They way YOU WANT to misread Mariah's "I don't know her" remark is also not very smart. Why is the shade so iconic? Because is so open for interpretation... But a sane person knew exactly what she meant... it's not what you seem to keep holding on to. 

Mariah even clarified that in recent years. 

Even tho I highly doubt that she said what you say she said in your first quote... WE should all agree that there are "singers" out there who cannot sing. Whitney said it, Aretha said it (and allegedly Mariah said it as well). 

Take your issues of which you seem to have many, bag em, and let em go. Darling, it's not healthy. Posting one negative remark about her after another... is not healthy. 

Or maybe it is because sometimes it is better to release your "feelings". I hope you're feeling better now that you have once again found a way to shade Mariah and I'm very curious what the next thing will be. 

2 minutes ago, stevyy said:

I laughed out loud. The ignorance on your behalf. U do you girl. 

I prefer 1ct Loverboy over I'm Real. <3 Lemme mirror your remark: Loverboy is 1 million times better.

Mariah is only shading J.Lo because of her involvement in the Mottola-Divorce-Sabotage scandal - no matter how big her involvement was, I believe Mariah is allowed to feel negatively about her. 

Irv Gotti, Damizza, Ja Rule all confirmed Mariah's version of events. It is not her problem that YOU seem to have a problem with the truth. 

About Miley and Demi: Miley was so out of line with her remarks. Where is your outrage about that? WHERE?

And Demi Lovato proved brain damage by her remarks - truly. She said that Ariana Grande was the original Mariah Carey and Mariah Carey was the copy of Mariah Carey. I mean... you cannot make this ish sound intelligent. It's straight up mental illness. 

They way YOU WANT to misread Mariah's "I don't know her" remark is also not very smart. Why is the shade so iconic? Because is so open for interpretation... But a sane person knew exactly what she meant... it's not what you seem to keep holding on to. 

Mariah even clarified that in recent years. 

Even tho I highly doubt that she said what you say she said in your first quote... WE should all agree that there are "singers" out there who cannot sing. Whitney said it, Aretha said it (and allegedly Mariah said it as well). 

Take your issues of which you seem to have many, bag em, and let em go. Darling, it's not healthy. Posting one negative remark about her after another... is not healthy. 

Or maybe it is because sometimes it is better to release your "feelings". I hope you're feeling better now that you have once again found a way to shade Mariah and I'm very curious what the next thing will be. 

I will tell you my conclusions, ready?

Madonna, JLo, Mariah ..they’re all untouchable legends. In that order 😅

34 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

The shade is … real

You’re real Statsvvy!

shade? 

I have posted my stats for Mariah, Taylor, Madonna, Janet and Whitney in those endless threads about them from earlier this week. 

Now we have this one... and I posted my literal LastFM playcount. 

J.LO would probably be higher if I had tracked my listening before October of 2011. In my world, she peaked with Get Right in 2005 and I also loved WFT or LGL or Play from her earlier days. 

One more thing: Do you know what is holding me back to fully immerse myself in her music... it's her stans on ATRL and their vitriol. 

Hilariously, the Madonna stans were not (yet) able to spoil her music for me. Madonna just had her best ever start into a year in 2024 according to my LastFM: #3 on my preliminary year to date chart. She has now reached 50% of her entire 2023 total already (once again Vulgar and Popular were tagged by Spotify under Sam and The Weeknd and did not increase her scrobbles on my LastFM.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s all a matter of taste .. but I will never understand how someone could stan Mariah, even though I adore David from Schitts Creek

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 2

and so offensive to Mariah's legacy to be compared to Jennifer Lopez

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

I will tell you my conclusions, ready?

Madonna, JLo, Mariah ..they’re all untouchable legends. In that order 😅

My conclusion of greatest female artists: (by LastFM - 2011-present)

1. Mariah

2. Florence Welch

3. Madonna 

4. Alanis

5. Whitney

By how they have impacted me personally:

1. Mariah / Whitney

2. Florence

3. Madonna

4. Alanis

5. Céline

6. Janet

My alltime females <3

• Thanks 1

I prefer vocalists, so J Lo

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

It’s all a matter of taste .. but I will never understand how someone could stan Mariah, even though I adore David from Schitts Creek

U can't? 

Isn't it obvious? TALENT. IMPACT. VOCALS. MORE TALENT. SONGWRITING. TALENT. IMPACT and VOCALS.

This song alone is destroying entire CAREERS

• Thanks 1

Mariah by far

• Thanks 1

I prefer vocalists, so J Lo

depends on the context, obviously Mariah is the better vocalist, but in terms of live shows I'd go with JLo, I like my music uptempo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joyride said:

depends on the context, obviously Mariah is the better vocalist, but in terms of live shows I'd go with JLo, I like my music uptempo.

JLo is a great performer but I wouldn't pay to see her singing Big Booty I'd rather see Mariah static at a show singing classics that were part of my life, it's all about personal taste

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

spacer.png

tumblr_ov1k05r2nt1u60o27o1_400-gif.30243

• Haha 2

I prefer J.Lo. While she was on the right path in her early days, her music career overall fell short of expectations. There was little artistic growth and creativity and the quality started lacking at some point. I still enjoy her early albums and singles discography, videography and appreciate her as a showgirl and entertainer. Her acting career has given kiis and guilty pleasure bops. 

Mariah has a lot of singles/songs I enjoy, but I'm generally not a huge fan of the archetypical big-voiced, ballad-singing diva-type singers... 

2 hours ago, LOTF said:

From Mariah I use 

Side Effects 

I stay in love

Anytime you need a friend

Honey

The roof

Now that I know

Heartbreaker 

and many more

But I cannot stand her as a person

😅

From JLo

If you had my love

Waiting for tonight

Ain't it funny

Villan

All I have

Starting over

Step into my world

Brave

Let’s get loud

Love don’t cost a thing

Jenny from the B

So good

Same girl

Ain’t your mama

Come Over

Walking on sunshine

Still ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.