Taika Waititi: I had no interest in doing marvel films, I only did it for the money

Space Cowboy

Recently watched Thor 3 for the first time and it was so corny and BAD, if that's supposed to be the "good" Thor movie :rip:  he wont be missed...

Edited by EriKills

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prézli

• John Slayne

• Saint James

• barbiegrande

love and thunder is not substantially worse than other marvel films. they all have the same cliche diversity and generic villains etc.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:08 PM, Da Vinci said:

The way everybody and their grandma's perception of the MCU switched so quickly surprises me :deadbanana: I always thought it would be a gradual decline for at least another decade, not a complete nosedive within just a few years after their biggest peak

Even the kids and teens in the 2010s that are all grown up now are disowning superhero movies in favor of "rEaL cInEmA" which is so cringe not cause of the change in tastes which is normal ofc but because they're shitting on Marvel now that it's uncool to like them, so phony :rip:

it’s not that surprising. you keep serving the same thing over and over, people will complain. it happened to Katy and now Dua. that’s why Wanda’s arc is still very popular, it was a new direction for MCU. and it seems to be the consensus with the tv shows that they failed to do anything exciting.

I'm not sure this statement is giving what he thinks it's giving.

Before we just thought he made a bad movie. Now he made a bad movie and is a sellout :giraffe:

On 11/28/2023 at 3:15 AM, John Slayne said:

i'm surprised so many people are shocked by this. i always assumed that most people (both cast and crew) do marvel films because the check is good. let's face it, working on a marvel film is probably boring as hell as most of the movie is finished with CGI, so the actors and crew members are mostly just running around trying to get as many shots a day as possible with very little actual acting.

that's not a dig at the movies per se, that kind of entertainment has its rightful place in cinema, but i don't think most people want to be actors or directors so that they can make a marvel blockbuster. the check is simply too big to refuse though. other marvel actors have complained about this exact thing in the past, so not sure why everyone suddenly thinks taika waititi is the villain.

also, people do this in other professions all the time. sometimes you take up work you don't care for just to make some quick money. it's not that deep.

I do find your statement pretty accurate. but looking at love and thunder, I would say he is one of the director who was given creative freedom. And we can tell that people filming this were having fun behind the scene but that fun failed to translate on the screen.

That's why I have problem with statement coming from him, but when other states thier displeasure, I find them reasonable 

• Like 1

this movie was fun!

i hate it when directors trash their work after getting coins 

Pretty sure that's what most people who work on these think, let's be honest.

These movies are nothing but a cash crab served as a fan service circle jerk.

And it shows, especially with Love and Thunder. With the subject material, it should have been the best Thor film—but it was just the goofiest, for no reason at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.