Taika Waititi: I had no interest in doing marvel films, I only did it for the money

Space Cowboy

He’s desperately trying to distance himself from the mess that was Thor 4 after everyone turned on him. But no one believes this "I'm actually an indie director" PR tour.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prézli

• John Slayne

• Saint James

• barbiegrande

oh wow everyone turning on marvel :deadbanana2:

if they have comeback then what :deadbanana2:

thor 3 was good at least :suburban:

• Like 4

It's still shocking to me how Thor Ragnarok is one of the best MCU films and Love and Thunder is one of the worst :rip: 

it's like that Ciara declining gif but instead of sales it's quality :redface:

• Like 5

Rita Ora's husband sounds like he fit right in at modern day disney 

Curious if the incels who ripped Rachel Zegler apart for saying the same thing are going to direct that same level of vitriol at him :celestial5:

For clarity, no one deserves that level of vitriol directed at them. I'm just curious if the incels are going to be consistent :celestial5:

Edited by Aston Martin

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

Im pretty sure they will make a comeback with the right movies. The next avengers is pretty much a surefire smash 

15 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Curious if the incels who ripped Rachel Zegler apart for saying the same thing are going to direct that same level of vitriol at him :celestial5:

For clarity, no one deserves that level of vitriol directed at them. I'm just curious if the incels are going to be consistent :celestial5:

Idk about incels but I will. 

They both reek of entitlement while not being that talented.

OT: Shut up. Why can’t people just own their ****? He definitely had enough money already to turn down Marvel. The MCU still had a good critical reputation at that point, he’s just jumping on the current narrative to help himself. He knows he effed up with Thor 4 and that’s why he’s not doing a 5th. If Thor 4 was a huge success, he would not be saying this. 

The truth is Taika, you wanted to be a rich Hollywood director. That’s why you’re still acting like your Star Wars movie is gonna happen

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

i'm not even a marvel stan but the bandwagon switching with this guy. not a cute look. :redface:

• Like 1

I think most feel this way..

it's kind of a situation like Twilight and Robert Pattison

and it's obviously all coming out these days..mainly because hero movies (especially the sugary marvel movies) are kind of dying

• Like 2

Literacy on this forum in the pits. He's not trashing the films or saying they are bad. If you read the article he actually praises marvel. He just said he didn't know anything about Thor before and took the job for the money

• Like 3

Mr. Ora better secure the bag, Rita don't want no scrubs.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well it's basically an open secret in Hollywood that barely anyone likes working on Marvel movies, but they do it for the money and the profile boost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i mean he directed the worst mcu movie in history…. this backtrack was sure to come sooner than later. I i couldn’t believe my eyes when i was watching thor love & thunder tbh  :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Deadpool 3 is next year. 

37 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

Literacy on this forum in the pits. He's not trashing the films or saying they are bad. If you read the article he actually praises marvel. He just said he didn't know anything about Thor before and took the job for the money

This is Atrl. People can’t read

You can kind of tell that he wanted Thor 3 to do well and he put a lot more effort into it because of that. Thor 4 was handed to him because of the success of his first film and he didn’t put nearly as much effort into it. 

First they love you, then they switch :suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.