Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

27 minutes ago, DAP said:

This is insane and we already know any backlash won't affect them at all while Melissa's career will forever be affected by this utterly injust decision. I ******* hate hollyweird.

• Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

1 hour ago, MissedTheTrain said:

This is actually insane....? Nothing she said was out of line.  I don't get how people can't understand the simple fact: supporting the oppressed people of Palestine who are living in horrid conditions is NOT anti-semitic. 

Oh they do understand it, trust me. They just genuinely want to see Palestinians getting genocided and that's why they're gaslighting everyone with accusations of anti-semitism. They've done this for DECADES.

• Like 6

this is complete insanity. i'm sure it's more than likely that nothing will happen outside of twitter, but still holding out hope there's noticeable public backlash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

this is complete insanity. i'm sure it's more than likely that nothing will happen outside of twitter, but still holding out hope there's noticeable public backlash.

Doubt it. They didn’t give a **** about the Neve backlash. 

Ive been supporting the franchise since the release of 4 but if she's not back that's the end of the line for me. This is insane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

Doubt it. They didn’t give a **** about the Neve backlash. 

Not the same situation though.

43 minutes ago, DAP said:

While the statement is complete and utter bullshit, I am glad this is making noise and they felt they had to put a statement out. Hope the pressure remains strong and they cave in eventually. 

Just now, Lil' Oz said:

The owners of the studio are both Jewish 

Yup. People seem to be ignoring this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lil' Oz said:

1 minute ago, Shelter said:

Yup. People seem to be ignoring this. 

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

e63aa230eb9cf2c6fa67d879e8c54240.gif

Jewish =/= Zionist. That doesn’t make this decision okay. 

• Like 1

They might as well pack it up. I can see Jenna quiting over this and the director straight up yelling on X it wasn't his fault tells me he'll quit soon. Scream is done folks.

2023 continues to be the year of studios making dumbass decisions on the big properties and getting backlash for it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don't think anyone you quoted would argue that it makes the decision okay, it simply makes it clearer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bentley said:

Clarification: I meant no harm I just don’t think she is a worthy lead actress. She shouldn’t have been fired for this though, she should have been fired for her performance 

Of course you had to write something like that 

Bentley

ot: hope that awful movie flops!

I hope her cast mates have the dignity to resign in protest, at least just the bigger names who won’t be as affected by the loss of a role. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

No but it explains it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenna is next, but she hasn’t been as vocal as Melissa. 

1 hour ago, Lil' Oz said:

You mean they're both Zionists. Which is not a surprise unfortunately, there's a LOT of Zionists in Hollywood :sick:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

They might as well pack it up. I can see Jenna quiting over this and the director straight up yelling on X it wasn't his fault tells me he'll quit soon. Scream is done folks.

2023 continues to be the year of studios making dumbass decisions on the big properties and getting backlash for it.

Yeah, i'm not gonna watch Scream 7 no matter what. I don't care how good the movie may potentially be, i'm never gonna look past blatant fascism like that :sick:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

No but it explains it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenna is next, but she hasn’t been as vocal as Melissa. 

Everyone should voluntarily drop out. 

It’s what ppl get for being ignorant. On top of that, she’s an awful actress & was by far the worst character in the Scream reboot 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 32

2 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

It’s what ppl get for being ignorant. On top of that, she’s an awful actress & was by far the worst character in the Scream reboot 

Ignorant about what, exactly?

And before I get dragged don’t go into an industry owned & operated by the Jews and make comments like that. What do you expect to happen? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 21

This is gonna have a huge Streisand effect. You might have been able to get away with this 15 years ago, but not in 2023.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, SinnerCity said:

Ignorant about what, exactly?

I’m not getting into it on here. This site has proven time & time again that it’s only good for regurgitating echo chamber-minted facts and can’t comprehend, analyze, or rebut anything that doesn’t fit that narrative 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5