Allie X - 'Girl with No Face'

RideOrDie

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Listen twice. 

14 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Listened more than twice and I still don't think it's top 5

same here. i was expecting a very good climax like black eye but the song just ended...and i was like ok? that's it? :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• Azealia Banks

• RideOrDie

• ChapelHooker

26 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Listened more than twice and I still don't think it's top 5

naurrrrr it’s so good. Black Eye and Truly Dreams rank above it ofc but it definitely rounds out my top 3

4 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

saddest smile is the worst

the fact that she scrapped a dancey club collab with tove lo for it... :khalyan2:

5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

the fact that she scrapped a dancey club collab with tove lo for it... :khalyan2:

um... I'm deleting Allie X discography from my spotify NOW!

• Like 1

I didn't think she could top Cape God but she did. You Slept On Me, Black Eye, Galina, Hardware Software are BANGERS :WAP:

• Like 2

I'm already obsessed with this album. It's so good! The production is excellent. Weird World and Truly Dreams serve as incredible opening and closing tracks to the album. Allie's best work to date. Dare I say a skipless album? She hit the sweet spot with the track length. Not too little and not too much. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

She ******* what?! DELUXE NOW. 

Hardware Software is still quite literally the worst piece of music I think anybody’s created ever :chick3: it’s quite literally the worst thing in her entire discography released or unreleased. How it can sit next to her absolute best song Galina, I… talk about polar opposites. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, 東京. said:

Hardware Software is still quite literally the worst piece of music I think anybody’s created ever :chick3: it’s quite literally the worst thing in her entire discography released or unreleased. How it can sit next to her absolute best song Galina, I… talk about polar opposites. 

enough on the experimental avant garde bop... :khalyan2:

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

enough on the experimental avant garde bop... :khalyan2:

it almost sounds like someone tried making a bad knock off Dorian song (which is quite frankly the worse noise to ever grace music) and terribly failed. It’s just… bad. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

ELECTRIC CHAIR :khalyan2:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theweekend said:

ELECTRIC CHAIR :khalyan2:

Hardware Software is exactly where she needs to go, yes :khalyan2:

AOTY. So glad I preordered the signed vinyl after I heard black eye.

OWHT, Black Eye, and Weird Girl are all my current obsessions, lemme listen to the album! 

Allie X and Jazmin Bean came to save quirky leftfield pop music today kicongun.png

What impresses me most about Allie is that project after project she continues to prove herself as a sound curator and an incredible lyricist, each album presents an entirely different world, with unique characteristics and extremely cohesive. The fact that she produced this album entirely alone only enriches this fact even further. So happy to follow her journey since her "Catch" days. I still can't pinpoint a top 3 favorite song.

• Like 1

cape god is still my fave but gwnf is a close second like this album is soooo good

Staying Power is for girls with exquisite taste only btw, so if you don't t immediately get it... i'm so sorry :/

Truly Dreams is the only song I don't care about, and Hardware Software is a cute filler track for the album experience. Everything else is immaculate pop at its best. :clap3:

Galina now is my favorite one of new songs, just pure excellence. I'm also still amazed how all singles sound fresh to me rn, like, the title track is her best song ever written, and 'Black Eye' is her best MV :jonny5:

ugh, all of her songs just blend into one now

listened to Galina expecting something spectacular from what yall hyped it up to be and it's just study background noise again :deadbanana:

what happened to the girl that made CollXtion I

I didn’t “get” this on my first listen. I’m starting my second and I’m hoping it clicks more. 

But to be fair, the first 3 singles all took a while to grow on me. I’m not writing this album off just yet but this first listen was slightly disappointing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.