• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• Azealia Banks

• RideOrDie

• ChapelHooker

5 hours ago, Delirious said:

Ok like guys I'm curious. Why the immense praise for "Galina" you guys are acting like the song is one of the best songs ever but I just don't get it? Nnn

I played it like 4 times and it's still not hitting. It's definitely cute tho

Which part would you recommend I pay attention to?

First time listening to it right now and I think it’s because it’s so danceable and bouncy. The synths/instrumental just sound amazing, really icy and futuristic, so if that doesn’t do it for you, oh well! Maybe it will grow on you, maybe not lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

OFF WITH HER **** :WAP:

girl, yes, the synths THUMP on this one omg :WAP:

Ouu-- not her being a Russian shill cause why tf would she name a song Galina? Russian spelling.

/jk

06/06 Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall

06/08 Toronto, ON - The Opera House

06/10 Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair

06/12 New York, NY - Racket NYC

06/18 Portland, OR - Polaris Hall

06/19 Seattle WA - The Crocodile

06/21 San Francisco, CA - The Independent

06/22 Los Angeles, CA - Teragram Ballroom

So much for not touring, lol. Anyways her starting this tour in my city is k*nty. I’ll be there. 

• Like 1

I think I need a lot more time with this cause almost nothing clicked and I love her music :rip:

so far Black Eye & Truly Dreams are the only ones for me. Galina too sort of but I think I just need to hear it a bit more 

Staying Power serving lyrics that could cut glass :clap3:

Galina is a huge bop, I love that she switches it up in the second verse. This is how you do a cohesive record with variety, the fact that she did all of it herself is beyond impressive. Also I know the cover leaked a long ago but it has become one of my favourite album covers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edibles. said:

06/06 Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall

06/08 Toronto, ON - The Opera House

06/10 Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair

06/12 New York, NY - Racket NYC

06/18 Portland, OR - Polaris Hall

06/19 Seattle WA - The Crocodile

06/21 San Francisco, CA - The Independent

06/22 Los Angeles, CA - Teragram Ballroom

So much for not touring, lol. Anyways her starting this tour in my city is k*nty. I’ll be there. 

I hope she does EU :dancehall2:

• Like 3

I am SO happy this album exists. I love that most of the songs aren't about love really. Sonically it's like if Depeche Mode made a yassified album so that's awesome. I tried my best to stay away from the leaks but couldn't stop paying Galina & Truly Dreams so I love to see the praise since they deserved to be singles imo

• Like 4

What do we think Galina symbolizes? 

31 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

What do we think Galina symbolizes? 

according to Genius, a woman who used to sell her a remedy for her eczema who lost her memory and with it the recipe :rip:

• Confused 1

I can't stop playing Weird World :jonny4:it truly is her best song ever, my god

And Galina has been growing on me, what a kunty song :jonnycat:

Synthwave excellence!

The album is '80s synthpop done perfectly right. John & Jonathan, Weird World,  and Off With Her **** are career highlights :clap3:

Just felt compelled to buy a physical copy without even streaming it to test it out first. I can’t wait for it to arrive.

• Confused 1

This is one of the best pop albums I've heard in a while, definitely an early AOTY contender.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sha-nasty said:

I am SO happy this album exists. I love that most of the songs aren't about love really. Sonically it's like if Depeche Mode made a yassified album so that's awesome. I tried my best to stay away from the leaks but couldn't stop paying Galina & Truly Dreams so I love to see the praise since they deserved to be singles imo

Galine and Truly Dreams also really stand out to me to be singles!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

according to Genius, a woman who used to sell her a remedy for her eczema who lost her memory and with it the recipe :rip:

What the ****. :skull:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpaceOddity said:

What the ****. :skull:

“Galina” “I have really bad eczema in my inner elbows, and I found this Russian lady named Galina at this naturopathic clinic in Toronto. For years, she made me this cream in her kitchen that worked better than steroids. She would always say, 'It cost me more to make this than I'm charging you. I get this man in the Swiss Alps to gather these herbs and I make you this cream.' She was pretty old, so I always worried: 'What happens when Galina retires? It's not like this is some patented product.' So sure enough, in the summer of 2022, I returned to the clinic, and I was like, 'Could I place an order for the cream from Galina?' And the lady was like, 'Oh, Galina has retired.' And I was like, ‘What!?! Did she tell anyone the recipe?' And she was like, 'No, she won't tell. There's nothing we can do—Galina has lost her memory.' So the song is about somebody that you've come to rely on who just coldly leaves your life without something that you need.

200.gif?cid=a595bef38v3yuropc2sv1kqrx8ny

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

“Galina” “I have really bad eczema in my inner elbows, and I found this Russian lady named Galina at this naturopathic clinic in Toronto. For years, she made me this cream in her kitchen that worked better than steroids. She would always say, 'It cost me more to make this than I'm charging you. I get this man in the Swiss Alps to gather these herbs and I make you this cream.' She was pretty old, so I always worried: 'What happens when Galina retires? It's not like this is some patented product.' So sure enough, in the summer of 2022, I returned to the clinic, and I was like, 'Could I place an order for the cream from Galina?' And the lady was like, 'Oh, Galina has retired.' And I was like, ‘What!?! Did she tell anyone the recipe?' And she was like, 'No, she won't tell. There's nothing we can do—Galina has lost her memory.' So the song is about somebody that you've come to rely on who just coldly leaves your life without something that you need.

200.gif?cid=a595bef38v3yuropc2sv1kqrx8ny

That's surprisingly...specific. 

• Haha 2

“John and Jonathan” “I was at a fan meet-and-greet in New York in 2018, and two fans came up and were like, 'Hi, I'm John, and this is my boyfriend, Jonathan. We love your music!' And I was like, ‘Wait—your names are John and Jonathan? Okay, I gotta write a song called “John and Jonathan”!’ I was on a walk in [the Toronto suburb of] Oakville near my parents’ house with my boyfriend, and I remember being on a pier and it just came to me: 'John and Jonathan/Are on the town.' I got so excited and went back home and just started recording right away. I've written so many of my most successful songs in Oakville at my parents' dining room table.”

when John and Jonathan broke up and stopped listening to her...

DBSaqca.gif

these random behind the tracks stories must be fan fiction, because :redface:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

“John and Jonathan” “I was at a fan meet-and-greet in New York in 2018, and two fans came up and were like, 'Hi, I'm John, and this is my boyfriend, Jonathan. We love your music!' And I was like, ‘Wait—your names are John and Jonathan? Okay, I gotta write a song called “John and Jonathan”!’ I was on a walk in [the Toronto suburb of] Oakville near my parents’ house with my boyfriend, and I remember being on a pier and it just came to me: 'John and Jonathan/Are on the town.' I got so excited and went back home and just started recording right away. I've written so many of my most successful songs in Oakville at my parents' dining room table.”

when John and Jonathan broke up and stopped listening to her...

DBSaqca.gif

John and Jonathan now after downloading the leaked album 5 months ago.

DBSaqca.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.