Is Taylor Swift overrated?

Lana Banana

Now that the Grammy nominations are announced, I would like to bring this question into the light. 

is Taylor Swift overrated?

I can understand she has some good songs, and by that I mean, in my opinion, she doesn’t have any GREAT songs. What’s all the fuss about? Everyone I have asked around were also trying to understand but they were all left with a mehh kind of a feeling.

Why is her tour so successful?
It’s not like she does Britney’s DWAD choreo or Madonna’s stage effects. Sure, she writes her lyrics but some of them an elementary school student could have written. Sure, the concert is long, hence the name “Eras” but is it really all that to go loco about or are we stuck in a PSL girl fantasy and we have no escape from it? 

What is going to be her next move? Club bangers with David Guetta or is she going to remain appealing to everyone with her current sound like Adele has been doing? Is she going to break up again and write a new album about it? What are her iconic looks (Think of Drag Race doing a 1000 Nights of Taylor Swift)?

Has ATRL fallen into the oblivion of stanning stats and chart positions instead of quality?

Discuss. 

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 14

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• BtDecember

• Robyn.

• GraceRandolph

Just now, Danes said:

Iconic looks. Then y'all will switch. :jonny:

I wanted to ask this originally in my OP. What iconic looks?

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Haha 2

miss Lana Banana, it’s time for you to go back to Briarcliff

:khalyan2:

op: no, she works hard for it and deserves her success and accolades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danes said:

Huh?

What iconic looks? 
I remember there was a thread before Halloween. I can’t come up with a single iconic look from Taylor or would recognize it on the street. 

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

miss Lana Banana, it’s time for you to go back to Briarcliff

:khalyan2:

op: no, she works hard for it and deserves her success and accolades.

I’m glad someone knows Asylum :ahh: Bless your heart

• Haha 2

Just now, Daddy said:

Is the McDonalds of pop overrated? I do think so. 

Is Taylor Swift the McDonald’s of pop music?

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

What iconic looks? 
I remember there was a thread before Halloween. I can’t come up with a single iconic look from Taylor or would recognize it on the street. 

Future tense honey.

SHE ISN'T!

IF SHE HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF GRAMMYS FOR AOTY AS ALL BLACK WOMEN IN HISTORY, IT'S BECAUSE SHE EARNED IT!

YAS LORD!

GET THEM!

SLAY THEM!

OUTSTREAM THEM!

OUTSELL THEM!

spacer.png

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Yeth

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16172-1429245375-31

• Haha 6

I want the same kind of thread and essays about other ATRL favourite like Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Rihanna etc. since those artists, in my opinion, are also overrated.

To answer your question, no, Taylor Swift is NOT overrated. She is successful because people can connect to her lyrics and loves her songs.

Good thing YOUR opinion does not equate to FACTS.

Edited by BtDecember
OMG I forgot about Rihanna, the most overrated artist of our generation, in my opinion.
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 11

Yes and do you think we Swifties care? Just give us more music. 

3bGN.thumb.gif.17188a53259c97e8b81512ac4

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

I wanted to ask this originally in my OP. What iconic looks?

I'd argue she does have some. I've seen people wear the outfit in the 22 music video as a Halloween costume.

4 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Is the McDonalds of pop overrated? I do think so. 

Good thing Taylor is NOT the McDonalds of pop but the Apple of pop, respected and commercially successful. :clap3:

I wonder who are you referring tho? Maybe I should look at your stan list first. :cm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

On 7/12/2023 at 4:23 AM, supaspaz said:

Hey everyone, there's some concern from the Swifties that Taylor is being dragged as the McDonald's of Pop. Just noting here that, going forward, we will assume a McDonald's reference is making that connection and treat it as trolling accordingly.

• Like 1

No. In fact, she's so underrated as an artist. people usually choose to ignore how talented she is. she is a gifted musician who's fully capable of writing, producing, composing, and playing multiple instruments. 

And she deserves everything she has because she's worked hard for it for the last 20 years or even more. :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.