GUTS out of the top 10 after 7 weeks. SOUR did 55. What happened?

Beyonnaise

sour had a near-perfect singles rollout, whereas this time no one even knows what the single is. i'm sure geffen will make her work with other producers next time. we'll see. hopefully they relearn how to push a single

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sourprint

• unclefloprry

• Blackout2006

• naval23

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

But this thread isn't about Billie 

Both Olivia and Billie thought they were already established. They weren't 

What Billie has to do with Olivia lasting only one era? Is homegirl that boring that you guys need to bring other artists even during her downfall?

Edited by Kyoto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

HTE's rollout was terrible, Olivia's wasn't. If anything, it's worse for Olivia, especially since HTE (song) still managed to take off.

• Haha 1

It's the typical sophomore slump but still a successful era on its own

Her Under My Skin era if we're being honest 

• Confused 1

Personally is not GUTS that is that bad (speaking of charts), but rather Sour that was HUGE back then. Let's face it, she was THE FACE of the teen pop revival back then. She not only brought back a pop ballad smash (like we haven't seen in ages) AND a pop rock smash. Obviously the album was about to explode because all about it was fresh and awesome and all, with already 2 major hits in the bag and a moderate hit that was deja vu (probably bigger or the same size as Vampire, if we think about it).

GUTS relies a lot on the style that Olivia presented us before that a) is not that big anymore b) is not fresh anymore; the punk "movement" slowed the hell down and the indie market became filled with Sour/Guts-type of songs. Having this said, is not shocking that the album and its singles are not doing more, but they are doing well. The story could be different if she came back with something different than a ballad like Vampire, that is good, but was giving weaker Drivers License energy. Then the buzz slowed down and the other singles are doing what they can, they are cute. But again, is nothing new, the vibe is a bit over, some of the people that were into this punk-ish sad teen-ish vibe are just not there anymore. 

Quite like Disco, is something that came and went. And ofc the main drivers of this sounds can still pull out cute hits with those genres, but its hard to pull out anything as big as in the beggining of the decade.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

What Billie has to do with Olivia lasting only one era? Is homegirl that boring that you guys need to bring other artists even during her downfall?

Just pointing out that they both underperformed big time because they were lazy with the rollout. They are really easy to compare since both had the sophomore slump 

I think dropping the Get Him Back video on release day was a misstep, cause it cannibalized the hype off of Vampire (which was already getting cannibalized by Bad Idea). It didn't help that it was also not that great of a video. 

I'd say release a second video for GHB to give it another push in Jan cause it's a bop. But if not try Pretty Isn't Pretty next happen I guess. 

2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

It's the typical sophomore slump but still a successful era on its own

Her Under My Skin era if we're being honest 

Can't wait for her Girlfriend but she better spare us of a Goodbye Career

• Thanks 1

Just now, 4Real said:

I'm waiting even more for Billie's Girlfirend era. That will be something :jonny6:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tjspy said:

I'm waiting even more for Billie's Girlfirend era. That will be something :jonny6:

Now that would be intriguing!

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
25 minutes ago, By the Water said:

This era is a complete non-event.

The worst type of underperformance is the one where not even they gays talk about you, not even to drag you for flopping

ezgif-6-375c23bdde57.gif

The tour is a complete event. 

QueenofCopyPaste

These posts

ATRL is living in a bubble and nutshell including the OP 

Thankfully the reality is different 

• Like 1

I knew GUTS wasn't going to have the same staying power as SOUR but didn't think it's be that drastic :deadbanana4:

Guess she's neither an album or single artist. 

6 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Her sellout era is coming but at least we'll get Hot :jonnycat:

Downside to branding the album and era as Sour 1.5 :deadbanana2: She should have changed up the sound and visuals more. 

• Like 2

Just now, naval23 said:

Her sellout era is coming but at least we'll get Hot :jonnycat:

And also I Don't Have to Try :clap3:

48 minutes ago, airplane said:

her tour is gonna be sold out regardless :clap3:

And this is all that really matters :clap3: 

10 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Right

Week for week so far, HTE had lower totals than GUTS. Yet most of the people in here trying to drag Olivia for underperforming consider HTE a huge success :rip: I guess you're held to a different standard when you're the Queen of Gen Z!

ezgif-6-375c23bdde57.gif

• Like 1

It's a bomb. And no I will not accept no promo. Get Him Back is on every TV commercial with Apple.

ezgif-6-375c23bdde57.gif

• Haha 1

i’m actually a bit shocked tbh

i keep hearing several album tracks all over my social media (especially youtube shorts :skull:)

I find it funny that OP stopped posting their daily “is Olivia flopping” threads when GUTS debuted with 300k in its first week, or when it received a 91 on Metacritic, or when the GUTS tour sold out and was projected to be the biggest tour by a Gen Z artist.

if you’re going to be ATRL’s biggest OOH, then at least drag her consistently and not only when you think it’s safe to drag her :deadbanana4:

Edited by JoJo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.