Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

Anyways it already made its debut on the gay club I went yesterday. Our public is eating up

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

22 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Ads. The likes ratio is much lower than Flowers for example.

No, it is doing numbers because LATAM loves her queen, stay salty and mad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kellebrity98 said:

As she should. Imagine a one hit wonder blocking a major comeback

What "comeback" ?

Dance The Night is still on charts

3 minutes ago, I54X said:

No, it is doing numbers because LATAM loves her queen, stay salty and mad. 

LATAM don't drop likes on Youtube video? Flowers was also very popular on LATAM and had much more likes with similar views on its first days.

Edited by Axelios

Would’ve never guessed these numbers even if I was reaching. I wasn’t expecting her to pull anything over 4 million streams and she exceeded that immensely. Calling this an underperformance (especially when her last lead got 2M less on debut) would either be pure delusional , trolling, or both.

5 minutes ago, seanbworth said:

Would’ve never guessed these numbers even if I was reaching. I wasn’t expecting her to pull anything over 4 million streams and she exceeded that immensely. Calling this an underperformance (especially when her last lead got 2M less on debut) would either be pure delusional , trolling, or both.

You know that if it really was doing bad the thread in the chart section would have 15+ pages already but it only has 3 :lmao:

13 hours ago, Cain said:

Yes

ok ok

you’re lucky you’re one of my fav members on here, i’ll brainwash myself into liking it later today

:clack:

11 minutes ago, mike_int said:

haha Dua was like "wtf is she talking about :ace:" LOL

I thought that Houdini is a Bible reference too at first, kinda like Genesis. So i can relate to the interviewer :dies:

Tbh she could learn from Jack and Tate. They have instant hits in US and UK coz they put snippets on TikTok.

She should have done the same instead of blue balling us for a month. Her release strategy is antiquated

Edited by katara
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

I just "liked" the song yesterday but now I loved it  :jamming:  It's such a grower

It sounds like something from Jessie Ware's album What's Your Pleasure

23 minutes ago, katara said:

Tbh she could learn from Jack and Tate. They have instant hits in US and UK coz they put snippets on TikTok.

She should have done the same instead of blue balling us for a month. Her release strategy is antiquated

She's a star not a TikTok trend. Great start for the era...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is nothing I’d hate more than having main part of the song spoiled on TikTok for a month or two before the release :skull: We’re better than that

• Like 2

QueenofCopyPaste

"Dance the Night" and "Dont Start Now" were negatively/mixed received in ATRL initially 

Meanwhile it's the opposite for "Houdini", so far it's more overwhelmingly positive 

This is finally starting to hit! I love the verses and the outro is cool but I feel like it could have crescendoed into something grander. Then again, the pop blueprint to me is always balls-to-the-wall, over-the-top productions and commitment to the bit like Gaga, Britney, and Madge, while the more modern style is laid-back and restrained productions. Houdini fits that. 

I do agree this sounds very Dawn FM and could fit comfortably on FN with some tweaks, but I’m hoping this is meant to transition between two sounds and the album is more forward-thinking. I 100% have faith in Dua, she knows what she’s doing. 

The chorus is weak.. still a bop tho but i dont see this becoming as big her biggest smashes

Yeah SHE IS the slow burner we've been know, but god that #2 debut at UK Spotify what a shame and i feel like Jack somehow hates her so much.

Edited by revivval

28 minutes ago, katara said:

What is this mindset? The thing with Dua that amazes is how she’s passionate about her art. It’s not just a random song she throws at us and see if people likes it and then throws another one if the first didn’t work. 

Dua having something to learn from Jack Harlow and Tate McRae (who is even that person)? That is delusion I’m sorry.

People complaining about a song debuting at #2 is just too much for me. It’s an amazing achievement and we are at the very beginning of the new era. 

• Like 3

I thought Jack Harlow was done :dancehall2: ugh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.