Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

The point was, she is still obviously not an A-lister in the US. This was quite an average debut considering she just had a Diamond single in the US, and a couple of other big hits too.

I guess Rihanna never made it either then coz she always needed weeks of build up to smash...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

The point was, she is still obviously not an A-lister in the US. This was quite an average debut considering she just had a Diamond single in the US, and a couple of other big hits too.

Girl please. A high debut ≠ success and does not confirm if someone is a A-lister. Girls like Billie, Gaga, Beyonce do very similar debuts in the US and they are undeniable A-listers. Dua is likewise.

Dua Lipa obviously broke through in the US since Future Nostalgia is one of the longest charting female albums there, she scored countless hits, is one of the ONLY female artists in history to have a year end #1 hit in the region, diamond selling artist. Like the list literally goes on and on. Stop trolling her

This is not bad by any means, but it would be a lie to say bigger debut in the US wasn’t expected considering how big FN was. That being said the WW debut in comparison shows once again how GLOBAL she is :clap3:

The rollout was botched and boring, sadly this time also it seems like she’s not planning to do intense promo as she was with DSN. We will see how it goes from here

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is not bad by any means, but it would be a lie to say bigger debut in the US wasn’t expected considering how big FN was. That being said the WW debut in comparison shows once again how GLOBAL she is :clap3:

The rollout was botched and boring, sadly this time also it seems like she’s not planning to do intense promo as she was with DSN. We will see how it goes from here

She got comfortable when Cold Heart and DTN smashed with zero performance promo. I feel like she will only bother with big events like Brits and Grammys

14 minutes ago, Loroy said:

The UK numbers are kinda underwhelming imo, I thought she would do 700K+...

This is my biggest itch. I was expecting 600k there.

Apple Music Overall (2x #1)

#1[=] - Brazil
#1[+1] - Netherlands
#9[+0] - Belgium
#10[+1] - UK
#10[+9] - NewZealand
#16[+2] - Spain
#22[+0] - Germany
#23[+22] - Canada
#23[-1] - France
#24[+0] - Italy
#26[+17] - Australia
#37[+2] - Mexico
#154[+46] - US

Apple Music Pop (3x #1)

#1[=] - Mexico
#1[=] - Brazil
#1[+1] - Netherlands
#2[=] - Spain
#3[=] - France
#3[=] - Belgium
#5[=] - Germany
#7[+8] - NewZealand
#8[+7] - Canada
#8[+0] - Italy
#15[+6] - US, Top 10 would mean Top 100 overall in the US, let's do this
#17[+8] - Australia

Well, hello smashdini:duca: 

--- Apple Music is giving DTN movie premier day numbers, which is extremely good

43 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

she should do a performance soon like we have NOTHING booked yet…

3 minutes ago, louvronthebrain said:

she should do a performance soon like we have NOTHING booked yet…

Dua will be in the US next week promoting Houdini, so nothing to be worrying yet

1 hour ago, kellebrity98 said:

Nope. It sounds like a Zara Larsson reject

Diamonds & Dancefloors is a much stronger project than Poster Girl sans Love Me Land and Right Here but I understand that you guys are not ready for that conversation.

• Like 2

Although this is amazing, she really tricked us with those teasers and made the song feel bigger on the chorus. lol I still like the song but I feel it's very short. Also why does her voice reminds of Adele in some parts? :skull: A remix with her needs to happen. lol

1 hour ago, louvronthebrain said:

how its doin so far on the second full day?

I'm waiting for 11:00 a.m. data, we'll see. In UK OCC it's #7 with 705 downloads on Friday (no streaming data for now)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, popmusic said:
  Hide contents

4.9m - 5.5m

FaaTLOX.png

oh thats not…

4 minutes ago, houdini said:

oh thats not…

How so? It will probably lose like 600k WW. 

1 hour ago, houdini said:

wait how tf did jack harlow manage to outdebut dula in the UK :bibliahh:

The Jack Harlow song and some of the lines from it have gone viral, that's why.

People aren't sharing "Catch me or I go Houdini" as banter or chat-up lines.

7 minutes ago, houdini said:

oh thats not…

That's a good hold LOL. The second day will be much less filtered. She should do 4,5-5M on the chart.

The real test wil be Monday update anyway. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Calling a song as busy and uptempo like this "boring" is so ridiculous :toofunny3:

Also, i'm so sick and tired of people pretending this is the same as Future Nostalgia, it's not. This myth that Dua releases the same song again and again is just weird at this point :biblio:

It's just my opinion 🤷‍♂️ It might be "busy" but that's no reason to treat it as the height of creativity and experimentation. And who says an uptempo song can't be boring? The delivery on this one sure as hell is.

Her music has been accused of being a bit stale for a while, and there's at least a scintilla of truth in the argument. I feel the same way about Dua's music still being influenced by disco in 2023 as I did when Ariana was still releasing songs with a trap beat in 2020.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, I54X said:

The video is doing so good on youtube

Ads. The likes ratio is much lower than Flowers for example.

Edited by Axelios
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, popmusic said:

Well, they removed 12 - 13%, good because it means the song has repeat value

It's true. I usually don't replay songs because I like enjoying them on a long course but gosh, I could not stop replaying this one. She did that :eek: 

Seems like hating on Dua Lipa is a saturday morning program for some… hate it for them :stare:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.