Is Taylor on course to move ahead of Rihanna when it comes to Billboard number 1's ?

Virtual_Insanity

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• WildHeart

• istan4badgalriri

Definitely, it's only a matter of time. With Rihanna not being invested in music, she probably has one or two future #1's left under her belt IF she's lucky, and that's an IF.

the way I completely forgot about lift me up 

• Thanks 1

Yes. And it's Rih's fault for being refusing to get into the studio for new music

If Rih released even just a yearly summer bop droplet (and not ballads) these past 4-7 years, she should've had ~20 #1s by now :gaycat:

If you were a billionaire would you be concerned about Pop singles and iTunes and Shazam charts?

she probably laughs at the thought of releasing an album and going thru an era again.

I wouldn’t release music, either. 

Even if she does surpass Rihanna's #1s, which it looks like she will, she will not touch Rihanna in terms of being a hitmaker.

Willow, All Too Well, Cardigan, these new vault tracks, WANEGBT, LWYMMD. 6 of the #1s are frauds. NEXT.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Why do swifties feel the need to constantly compare Taylor to other female musicians. They just like to argue, I swear. 

• Like 2

Taylor's music will never hold such power like this line does: "Turn up to Rihanna while the whole club f***in' wasted / Every time I drop, I am the only thing y'all playin'."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Maxxie said:

Even if she does surpass Rihanna's #1s, which it looks like she will, she will not touch Rihanna in terms of being a hitmaker.

Willow, All Too Well, Cardigan, these new vault tracks, WANEGBT, LWYMMD. 6 of the #1s are frauds. NEXT.

LWYMMD was just frontloaded but it’s around 6-7m units. Not fraudulent at all. WANEGBT is no where near fraudulent. It sold 4.1m digital sales which is more every Rihanna #1 that isn’t Disturbia, Umbrella or WFL. She also has Love Story over 6m which a Rihanna song hasn’t reached and IKYWT and YBWM at 5m and 5.5m which is also more than SL the songs mentioned except WFL. She just didn’t have the cross radio support that Rihanna had.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

LWYMMD was just frontloaded but it’s around 6-7m units. Not fraudulent at all. WANEGBT is no where near fraudulent. It sold 4.1m digital sales which is more every Rihanna #1 that isn’t Disturbia, Umbrella or WFL. She also has Love Story over 6m which a Rihanna song hasn’t reached and IKYWT and YBWM at 5m and 5.5m which is also more than SL the songs mentioned except WFL. She just didn’t have the cross radio support that Rihanna had.  

Rihanna's songs are much more well known and universally loved throughout the world. Blank Space, Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer are the only genuine smashes that I have experienced.

• Thumbs Down 4

Just now, Maxxie said:

Rihanna's songs are much more well known and universally loved throughout the world. Blank Space, Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer are the only genuine smashes that I have experienced.

This particular thread is about Billboard and US number ones. 

The world is irrelevant to this particular topic. 

35 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

You mean the “appeal”. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

the way I completely forgot about lift me up 

100% same. Love(d?) Rihanna but she bought that quick lil no.1 with that terribly forgettable song. 

1 hour ago, VerdantHue said:

Why do swifties feel the need to constantly compare Taylor to other female musicians. They just like to argue, I swear. 

We'd just like some competition for once. I mean, she's in a 3-way battle for no.1 this week...with herself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taylor will probably beat Rihanna’s 14 #1s, since she releases two to three boring and bland albums a year, and Rihanna stopped releasing music eight years ago. I don’t get this obsession the Swifties have with Taylor besting and artist who is basically retired. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Probably, but it doesn’t mean the same thing.

All (?) of Rihanna’s number ones are actual smashes. No tactics or 3 albums a year nonsense.

Since the late 2010s, it has been much easier to just have rabid fans game the system on your behalf. Most recent records mean nothing.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

they’re success stans :rip:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

Taylor's music will never hold such power like this line does: "Turn up to Rihanna while the whole club f***in' wasted / Every time I drop, I am the only thing y'all playin'."

and we're so thankful for that :clap3: 

OT Another Hot #1 hit coming for Ms. Swift :duca:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Well Rihanna was the most pirated artist during the digital era. Country and country-pop music has always sold better than hip hop/R&B leaning pop music (in America, at least).

Taylor didn't have the crossover radio appeal that Rihanna's had. Obviously her songs aren't gonna get played on R&B, hip hop and rhythmic radio stations. But she's had way more support than Rihanna on pop radio since at least 2013, and has had huge support from adult pop and adult contemporary radio (unlike Rihanna).

13 hours ago, on the line said:

We'd just like some competition for once. I mean, she's in a 3-way battle for no.1 this week...with herself.

And the music is still bland, no seasoning, no flavor.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

To be fair, the GP has never heard Willow & Cardigan in their life so it’s safe to say Taylor only has 8 REAL #1’s… :celestial5:

Edited by CristianGarcia
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

And the music is still bland, no seasoning, no flavor.

Had she put any "seasoning and flavor" on it, then the "cultural appropriation" accusations would follow soon after. What "flavor" would you like her to put on her music? :coffee2:

Edited by Frogger17

On 10/29/2023 at 7:17 AM, charot said:

One thing is for sure Rih's #1s are UNIVERSAL. While Taylor's post 1989 are really unknown outside stan bubble. Stans who believe the gp knows the willows and the cardigans need to step out of their bubble. And 1 more is about to be added to her collection of unknown and weightless #1s. All due to having a massive fanbase. Indeed the female BTS.

most people knows now cardigan cause it has been a GIGANTIC viral hit. You  are the one that needss to get out of his bubble lol

while Umbella, diamonds, we found love and some others are classic like the songgs from 1989 songs like where have you been, what's my name, rude boy, s&m are not famous on new generations.

Taylor has absolutely more gp driven songs right now cause she didn't retired 10 years ago and her music still lives with millions new fans and people in general discovering old hits.  

again go out of the bubble cause cruel summer is bigger than anythingg rihanna has made post 2013. Be serious. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.