Source tells Billboard there’s no deal between Rih and Live Nation

k4rmabutterfly

35 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

:toofunny2: this may ring true for acts like Frank Ocean, but not acts like Rihanna. It's not like she's some critical darling who gets that level of pressure and expectation. The Navy would maybe hold her to some insane standard but not the public. All she needs is some catchy hits with that signature iconic voice and she's good. It's not impossible a comeback, I just don't think her heart is into music like that anymore.

This is also true, but I have seen the GP hype up Anti as much as stans do, plus Rihanna is a certified hitmaker with countless smashes, so even though she's not a critics darling she's still held to a higher standard.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott Borchetta

• rihannafan

• Finite

• Navy4Life

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Borchetta
26 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Disney promo. Next!

They haven't done that for the release of any of their other soundtracks, sorry you can't seem to deal with reality

3 minutes ago, Scott Borchetta said:

They haven't done that for the release of any of their other soundtracks, sorry you can't seem to deal with reality

Yeah, the reality that LMU is designed for charts? :laugh:

Scott Borchetta
Just now, rihannafan said:

Yeah, the reality that LMU is designed for charts? :laugh:

well, yes!

I never really believed it tbh. I don’t believe anything regarding this woman. Idk why the Navy doesn’t learn after the ANTI mess, but bffr girls. If it’s not coming DIRECTLY FROM HER MOUTH with COMMITMENT and CONVICTION, it’s never too late to be false.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

This is also true, but I have seen the GP hype up Anti as much as stans do, plus Rihanna is a certified hitmaker with countless smashes, so even though she's not a critics darling she's still held to a higher standard.

Sure, in a way, but because of the "hitmaker" status, the only way a new album era would be seen as a letdown is if all the singles missed the top 10. 

• Like 1

Poor navy omg. Y’all never can win. She could at least do a single or something. When she drops r9 in 20 years I hope it’s some slow jams tinged with reggae and dancehall

Edited by bijonse

Even when it comes from Rih herself, like the many “soons” or “my fans will kill me if I only release a lullaby after all these years of waiting”, these all turn out to be lies anyway. Not believing ANYTHING about her anymore unless it’s out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Borchetta said:

spacer.png

This + a bigger radio deal than Easy on Me which was Adele's return to music following 25 which had the biggest first week sales in HISTORY! They clearly were hoping for the song to smash.

Exactly, if she flops with new music, she runs the risk of coming across as corny or a hasbeen which will hurt what she truly cares about: Fenty sales

Rihanna has never been a huge ballad artist like Adele. Once in awhile she has cute ones. (Love on the brain, stay and take a bow) but those were still more lively than lift me up. (Although I personally liked it) it’s a lullaby.

Everyone still talking about LMU being a lullaby as if it is somehow the song's fault for people having the wrong expectations. 

To be a song for a movie about the aftermath of a man's tragic in character and in real life death and the ways in which his friends and family learn to cope with that, it's like people expected some shaking ass pop track. 

And if you were one of those people, I'm sorry to tell you that you may be an idiot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott Borchetta said:

It was very obvious.

LMU was a litmus test of sorts for her to determine whether it was worth it to come back to music, that song's reception made her decide against it. Her flopping now would only hurt her makeup sales and it's not like she has some extraordinary talent or passion for music that wills her to release music regardless of reception.

The mixed reactions to this post is sending me :deadbanana4:

I was genuinely confused why y’all were running with DailyMail for that article but drag any other thread that sources them lol.

Why are you all believing in things without a source?? Omg i hate this place. Such news is creating big hype for her album when it gets released so even though its fake its a great thing. I don’t see any kind of hype for anyone others album. 

Why does Rihanna always have so many outlets reporting she is coming year after year? Leave us alone. 

• Haha 1

Okay damage control because they didn’t want the news to come out :gaycat5:

spacer.png

This + a bigger radio deal than Easy on Me which was Adele's return to music following 25 which had the biggest first week sales in HISTORY! They clearly were hoping for the song to smash.

Exactly, if she flops with new music, she runs the risk of coming across as corny or a hasbeen which will hurt what she truly cares about: Fenty sales

but according to you lmu failed to become successful, however did it hurt her other brands?

y’all acting like some kind of experts in marketing is a joke lol. People who want to buy Fenty products are not necessarily associated with her music. stop with this narrative 

• Like 3

NOOOOOO! The way I was so EXCITED EARLIER TODAY and now THIS?! My mood is RUINED! :spin:

15 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Okay damage control because they didn’t want the news to come out :gaycat5:

Let me convince myself too :gaycat5:

2 minutes ago, campelo said:

Just wonder how many albums she could have released since anti, she don't need to tour. Just put out music :psyduck:

anigif_sub-buzz-18300-1505674786-7.gif

The way I’m at the bar on karaoke night drinking Whiskey and was prepared to sing “Higher”, but now I’m too drunk and upset to do so!

ROBYN RIHANNA FENTY ™️©️®️ How DARE YOU! We were ROOTING FOR YOU! We were ALL rooting for you! 

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Now… you’re acting like they released physical CDs, cassettes, vinyls, merch and dropped remixes of the song. Calm down. And it didn’t have a bigger radio deal than Easy On Me, it was just sent to more formats (because Rihanna has more crossover appeal than Adele).

The song had a huge Spotify debut and hit #1 on both Apple Music & iTunes, if they wanted to see if there was demand for new music I’m sure they got reassured.

And if you think they wanted to ‘test the waters’ for her next era with a song that was specifically made in context for a movie and has a completely different sound to her next album well… you’re delusional. 😭

• Like 2

How is this shocking lol 

For starters, the double album rumor has been going on for years now, and the possibility of Rihanna going on tour is even more far fetched. :skull: 

The girl is bored to even go to the studio and finish an album, and some of you thought she was going on tour which requires ten times more energy? please :hoetenks:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.