Which A-List is the worst live performer?

cyberpunkgoth

OVERALL  

205 members have voted

1. 1. .

Insert artist u dislike here

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Phaunzie

• Soda Pop Queen

1 hour ago, mons†er said:

you can't compare someone who dances to someone who preserves their voice for big songs.(ex: Beyonce and Whitney perform in different ways unless you're comparing them vocally.)

two COMPLETELY different styles of performing that are subjective unless you're basing it on technique in a certain area. (ex: singing, dancing, doing both at the same time, vocal technique, etc.)

eh, i think you can. You can either give a show or you can't. Adele, Whitney and Celine are all great performers with massive stage presence and they rarely if ever dance 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maroonx said:

the one without vocal talent... katy

She's a better vocalist than some on this list (Taylor)

Voted for Katy over Taylor cause at least the latter's production is great and actually engaging. Katy singing live is... 

Taylor is very, very close tho. Like i get why she's big, but the lack of performing skills is shocking sometimes because she is natrually a hard worker. She seems to be having fun but its not her strong suit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

She's a better vocalist than some on this list (Taylor)

rly?

Taylor Swift is probs the worst A-list performer ever, it's absurd that she fills stadiums.

Like, is it one big joke that the entire world is in on? Do people cheer her on out of pity like they do with special olympics contestants?

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Rihanna and Nicki are pretty ****. I voted for Rih tho because it seems intentional in her case + she’s always late and unpredictable. 

Best: Madonna, Beyoncé, gaga

worst: Taylor, Billie, dua lipa 

Taylor cannot sing or dance.

Nicki is low effort.

Britney lips.

Everyone else gets a pass.

1 hour ago, Perfect Blue said:

Taylor Swift is probs the worst A-list performer ever, it's absurd that she fills stadiums.

Like, is it one big joke that the entire world is in on? Do people cheer her on out of pity like they do with special olympics contestants?

You probably won’t actually hear me out but I’ll speak my mind just for anyone else who might be a bit less biased.

Before I was a proper STAN of Taylor, I was just a casual fan. Her videos would play on TV or her songs would come on the radio and I’d enjoy them. It was around the Fearless era that I was first exposed to her, and by the time Speak Now came out I decided to buy the album a few weeks after its release. Her performances around this time weren’t very good — her vocals were untrained and her stage presence was still developing. 

But I watched the Speak Now World Tour DVD when it released and I’ll tell you what clicked for me. It wasn’t the choreographed spectacles of Sparks Fly or Better Than Revenge… it was the acoustic set where she’d on the revolving tree and played the guitar (or ukulele sometimes) and sing a couple of her songs, chat with the crowd, cover another song she loves… all of that was so pure. So magical. She connected with me. It’s like she plugged right into my soul.

Then I saw her live with Red Tour for my first time ever, and the same sensation happened when she played All Too Well on the piano. She takes a break in the bridge and lets the audience applaud her, because it’s such a high stakes emotionally charged song… and you can just feel the audience hanging on her every word. It doesn’t matter to us that she’s not belting out six octaves — it matters that she’s singing such personal stories and taking the time to relate to all of us. Something some of the big vocalists or performers don’t always take the time to do. 

So TLDR, it’s not a joke that so many people love watching Taylor live. She’s got a magical connection through the lyrics in her songs. That’s all it takes. Connection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Now, who are the 2 trolls that voted for Beyoncé and Madonna? :toofunny2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Now, who are the 2 trolls that voted for Beyoncé and Madonna? :toofunny2:

One of them is the same troll who has made a career out of stalking this site to downvote any praise of Madonna and share their view of how awful she is. Every thread where she’s mentioned almost they’re there to downvote even a hint of praise. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda surprised to see Taylor winning the poll. She's not great but she isn't terrible like when she was a kid either. She's quite average. I put her in the same boat with Rihanna, Katy, Ariana and Adele. While these women have some level of talent and/or put some amount of effort in, it is mainly their charisma or their production that saves them from being totally bad.

Madonna, Céline, Whitney, Gaga and Beyoncé should not be in the poll lol. It is generally agreed upon that they excel at what they bring to the stage. Their discernible ability, whether in vocals, dance and/or creativity is well above average and they are undeniably magnetic on stage to boot. They have that je na sais quoi that you just can't teach. 

The others I didn't name either need work, just don't have it all or their live performances became sub-par rather quickly in their careers for one reason or another.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 1

The Grinch Smile GIF

Taylor of course

How are people voting anyone but Britney? :skull: She’s never given you a fully live show that you can even begin remotely to compare to the other girls. Say what you want about Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, etc. but at least their mics are on. :michael:

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, 1989 said:

How are people voting anyone but Britney? :skull: She’s never given you a fully live show that you can even begin remotely to compare to the other girls. Say what you want about Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, etc. but at least their mics are on. :michael:

Britney slays though, she always gives. Like put a red wig on her, and she twirls on the girls. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

Britney slays though, she always gives.

Does she? :doc:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.