Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Not at all. The average non-pop enthusiast is bound to click on some 2000s Throwback Spotify playlist than they are to actually go to the various individual pages, because they're lazier than the enthusiast. It's not like Taylor doesn't have lots of casual listeners too. It's a combination of various factors. Again the general public has the attention span of a gnat (no offense), and the possibility of them memorizing multiple random album tracks and listening to them everyday consistently just doesn't add up. They're more likely to do that with hit singles that they recall than they would random tracks they've never heard of before.

Except they would have heard these "random tracks", either 1. when the album first dropped and they listened to it and this specific track stood out to them, 2. they encountered it through social media or 3. they discovered it on a playlist, because album tracks also get added to them you know. :deadbanana4:

This is the streaming era, the lines between singles and album tracks are more blurred than ever before, and the latter have been more accessible than at any previous point in music history. To believe that album tracks can't be mass-consumed by the GP is an incredibly antiquated way of thinking. :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

Artistofthedookie bringing up any artist to go off the subject lol. Its okay to admit Rih and Katy has something Taylor doesn’t atm. 

:deadbanana:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Devin said:

:rip:

Why would you include her in this poll if you're gonna react like this to anyone who says Taylor? All your posts are giving jobless. Do you even like Beyonce, because all you do on ATRL is talk about Taylor

OT:

Off the top of my head these are their classics:

Katy:

1. IKAG
  2. Hot N Cold
  3. California Dreams
  4. Firework
  5. Roar
  6. Dark Horse

Rihanna:

1. Umbrella
  2. SOS/Pon De Replay (they combine to one classic)
  3. DSTM
  4. Disturbia
  5. We Found Love
  6. Diamonds
  7. Stay
  8. Work
  9. LTWYL

Taylor:

1. Love Story
  2. YBWM
  3. IKYWT
  4. ATW
  5. BS
  6. Shake It Off
  7. Style
  8. WD
  9. CS
  10. Cardigan
  11. Anti-Hero

Taylor wins and will extend her lead 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Not at all. The average non-pop enthusiast is bound to click on some 2000s Throwback Spotify playlist than they are to actually go to the various individual pages, because they're lazier than the enthusiast. It's not like Taylor doesn't have lots of casual listeners too. It's a combination of various factors. Again the general public has the attention span of a gnat (no offense), and the possibility of them memorizing multiple random album tracks and listening to them everyday consistently just doesn't add up. They're more likely to do that with hit singles that they recall than they would random tracks they've never heard of before.

I doubt they will actually understand what you're saying lol

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

Except they would have heard these "random tracks", either 1. when the album first dropped and they listened to it and this specific track stood out to them, 2. they encountered it through social media or 3. they discovered it on a playlist, because album tracks also get added to them you know. :deadbanana4:

This is the streaming era, the lines between singles and album tracks are more blurred than ever before, and the latter have been more accessible than at any previous point in music history. To believe that album tracks can't be mass-consumed by the GP is an incredibly antiquated way of thinking. :deadbanana4:

You must have missed this:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Billie and Olivia examples are mostly one/two albums as opposed to various tracks from various albums. Olivia and Billie don't have legions of fanatic-levels of stans the way Taylor does and you know this.

Taylor has lots of songs going viral on TikTok, has lots of casual listeners and a big following that consistently listens to her music. Like how is any of this false? :deadbanana4:

Better yet how is any of that a dig towards Taylor? Why are y'all so worked up over this :deadbanana4:

But all of this aside, what are you saying? That Taylor's large following plays no role in the numbers she does? :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Artistofthedookie bringing up any artist to go off the subject lol. Its okay to admit Rih and Katy has something Taylor doesn’t atm. 

The way they keep bringing up BTS like I said or know anything about them like :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Axelios said:

That's not compeletely right. Bloody Mary and many other songs were 10 times more viral than any Taylor track on TikTok and yet the songs failed to click with the GP and to achieve the same consistent streaming boosts. 

It's like radio, it gives exposure to songs but the songs still have to click with the GP in order to have good consumption metrics.

I can assure you the GP knows Bloody Mary more than 90% of Taylor’s hits that are currently outstreaming it, just further proof of how her numbers are extremely fanbase driven :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Katy doesn't have more classics than Taylor but both of them have more classics than Halo+CIL chanteuse for sure 

IMG_6950.thumb.gif.7ab20cbe6c0029f349d99

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I don’t know if I should get the mods or the FBI involved. 

skip those and get an exorcist at this point :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lonnie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Billie and Olivia examples are mostly one/two albums as opposed to various tracks from various albums. Olivia and Billie don't have legions of fanatic-levels of stans the way Taylor does and you know this.

Taylor has lots of songs going viral on TikTok, has lots of casual listeners and a big following that consistently listens to her music. Like how is any of this false? :deadbanana4:

Better yet how is any of that a dig towards Taylor? Why are y'all so worked up over this :deadbanana4:

But that's also the exact same case with Taylor? Taylor has only two album tracks with 800M+ streams, this isn't a wide-spread phenomenon across her entire catalogue. With every other artist, a song with 800M streams doing 1M+ daily would be considered a hit, but just because it's Taylor and was never formally a single, even though "singles" aren't the be-all and end-all of the streaming era anymore, they can't possibly be consumed by the GP? :deadbanana4: What kind of mental gymnastics is this :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

you suck at trolling, i hope you’re aware of that :deadbanana4: 

you and your delusions ? yes, indeed :ryan3:

Girl… nobody’s trolling.

:ryan3:

List the Beyoncé songs that are bigger classics than Lover like you’ve been asked to do multiple times and contribute to the discussion. I mean… from the numbers posted in this thread though it’s understandable why you don’t list any of them (they don’t exist) 

OT: Taylor by far 

Edited by Finkypop

Just now, Dephira said:

Why would you include her in this poll if you're gonna react like this to anyone who says Taylor? All your posts are giving jobless. Do you even like Beyonce, because all you do on ATRL is talk about Taylor 

The rando fume and lie lmao.

spacer.png

Crazy In Love, Halo, and Single Ladies are all bigger classics than most Taylor songs, let alone Lover, let's be real. :gaycatx:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

I can assure you the GP knows Bloody Mary more than 90% of Taylor’s hits that are currently outstreaming it

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

OT:

Off the top of my head these are their classics:

Katy:

1. IKAG
  2. Hot N Cold
  3. California Dreams
  4. Firework
  5. Roar
  6. Dark Horse

Rihanna:

1. Umbrella
  2. SOS/Pon De Replay (they combine to one classic)
  3. DSTM
  4. Disturbia
  5. We Found Love
  6. Diamonds
  7. Stay
  8. Work
  9. LTWYL

Taylor:

1. Love Story
  2. YBWM
  3. IKYWT
  4. ATW
  5. BS
  6. Shake It Off
  7. Style
  8. WD
  9. CS
  10. Cardigan
  11. Anti-Hero

Taylor wins and will extend her lead 

Cardigan a classic but not Only Girl (In The World) is… 😭

Love On The Brain is more of a classic than Cardigan lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

But all of this aside, what are you saying? That Taylor's large following plays no role in the numbers she does? :deadbanana4:

Taylor's large following alone can't turn an album track into a future 1B streamed song. Otherwise this would happen with all her album tracks, as you yourself claimed their streaming support of her music is "consistent", even tho the actual numbers are anything but. :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Feanor said:

But that's also the exact same case with Taylor? Taylor has only two album tracks with 800M+ streams, this isn't a wide-spread phenomenon across her entire catalogue. With every other artist, a song with 800M streams doing 1M+ daily would be considered a hit, but just because it's Taylor and was never formally a single, even though "singles" aren't the be-all and end-all of the streaming era anymore, they can't possibly be consumed by the GP? :deadbanana4: What kind of mental gymnastics is this :deadbanana4:

Oh not this boo-hoo stance be for real :deadbanana4:

Taylor has to have like 100+ songs at this point doing 200K daily streams and if you think that's because the GP listened to some random track on some playlist and goes back to it on a daily basis then I have nothing else to say. Taylor pulls in GREAT numbers. Her massive following plays a BIG (not the sole and only) role in it. What's so horrible about that you're offended by it? It used to be that stans bragged about how big a fanbase their fave has  :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

This is a thread about hitmakers. Taylor turned cardigan into a hit (by any objective metric). It has twice the daily streams of both Only Girl and LOTB. For that matter, Taylor is a hitmaker who would've turned both Only Girl and LOTB into hits. Let's talk about what would have happened if Rihanna released Cardigan as her lead single :eek:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Exactly like- I truly believe they’re trolling at this point :rip: imagine listing Cardigan or Style as classics over OG, LOTB, S&M, TIWYCF :bibliahh:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, lonnie said:

Oh not this boo-hoo stance be for real :deadbanana4:

Taylor has to have like 100+ songs at this point doing 200K daily streams and if you think that's because the GP listened to some random track on some playlist and goes back to it on a daily basis then I have nothing else to say. Taylor pulls in GREAT numbers. Her massive following plays a BIG (not the sole and only) role in it. What's so horrible about that you're offended by it? It used to be that stans bragged about how big a fanbase their fave has  :deadbanana4:

But no one is talking about the 200k daily streamed songs or claiming them to be hits. :deadbanana4:

The album tracks claimed here are doing 1.5 MILLION streams daily. The fact that Taylor may have 100 album tracks with 200k streams but only two with 1.5M is literal proof of how these specific tracks have reached an audience outside of her fanbase, because her own fanbase alone can only carry tracks to 200k daily streams. :deadbanana4: If you don't see how different the scales are between these two types of album tracks, then idk what to tell you. :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

It's also funny how a random (made up numbers) Taylor Swift song with 1 billion streams is not a classic/hit because only her fanbase streamed it... but a random Rihanna song with 500m streams is a classic because all those streams are from the "GP". Do y'all have any capability for self-reflection? :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Taylor's large following alone can't turn an album track into a future 1B streamed song. Otherwise this would happen with all her album tracks, as you yourself claimed their streaming support of her music is "consistent", even tho the actual numbers are anything but. :deadbanana4:

You're putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that it was only Taylor's following responsible for a future 1B streamed song. In fact I reiterated in several posts about it not being the only factor, but a factor nonetheless. Using Spotify streams as the only measure for what constitutes a classic when streams can be affected by songs going viral on TikTok, playlist placements or the lack thereof, differences in fanbase sizes that consume music all show that it shouldn't be the only thing considered when people talk about classics. Even if it's "solid stats" as stans claim. It's mostly a measure of current popularity which doesn't necessarily mean classic. Mind you this whole discussion was brought about by a swiftie alleging that Lover is a bigger classic than any Beyonce song simply because it currently has more streams :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

It's also funny how a random (made up numbers) Taylor Swift song with 1 billion streams is not a classic/hit because only her fanbase streamed it... but a random Rihanna song with 500m streams is a classic because all those streams are from the "GP". Do y'all have any capability for self-reflection? :deadbanana:

They literally all share one brain cell. Make it make sense

OT: Taylor by far and the numbers show it 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Rihanna and it's not even close.

Classics known by the GP:

Rihanna: Umbrella, Don't Stop The Music, Rude Boy, Only Girl, What's My Name, S&M, We Found Love, Diamonds, Stay, Four Five Seconds, Work, LTWYL (12)

Katy Perry: I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, California Gurls, Firework, Roar (5)

Taylor Swift: Love Story, You Belong With Me, WANGBT, IKYWT, Shake It Off, Blank Space (5)

I'm not saying all of them don't have more hits but these songs are recognisable to the general public.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

I can assure you the GP knows Bloody Mary more than 90% of Taylor’s hits that are currently outstreaming it, just further proof of how her numbers are extremely fanbase driven :rip:

It is not even outstreaming Gaga's own songs, let alone Taylor's 

Poker Face - 771,704

Just Dance - 631,869

Bad Romance - 592,432

Bloody Mary - 529,664

It was just a quick lil trend everybody moved on quickly. 

Totally opposite definition of classic i fear :rip:

6 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Cardigan - 969,733,514 (+1,620,483) 

Love On The Brain - 1,266,076,012 (+719,603)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

Exactly like- I truly believe they’re trolling at this point :rip: imagine listing Cardigan or Style as classics over OG, LOTB, S&M, TIWYCF :bibliahh:

The delusion behind this post :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.