408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

5 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Yeah, it's actually crazy that it managed to reach #2 in Japan :clap3:

I live in Europe and I remember IKYWT being really huge here

It's even more impressive than that, WANEGBT was #28 in 2012 Japan year end top 100, #16 in 2013, #52 in 2014 and #49 in 2015 :jonny:

It also performed really well in South Korea which is one of Taylor weakest Asian markets.

Edited by Axelios

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

Just now, Bears01 said:

Your obsession with Beyonce is one of the scariest things to witness on this site. 

I don’t know if I should get the mods or the FBI involved. She’s not even mentioned in this topic and you still find ways to talk talk about her…

Why don’t you answer the question? 

:ryan3:

OT: Taylor 

• Haha 1

Just now, lonnie said:

What proof is supposed to be given? :deadbanana4:

I really have nothing to say if y'all legitimately think millions of non-Taylor fans are going to stream random singles everyday like Lover or her album tracks with great streaming numbers :dies:

Not you questioning official Spotify streams now and having not a single proof that can even support this most delusional of claims. :deadbanana4:

First not accepting IFPI charts, and now also not accepting industry-recognized Spotify metrics… It's truly weird how defensive you get when official numbers are brought up, just because they don't fit your POV.  :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Finkypop said:

Why don’t you answer the question? 

I already did last page 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

I already did last page 

The question that you quoted and replied to sis…

:suburban:

5 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Again Taylor fans wouldn't need a viral tiktok trend to start streaming one of her songs. Some songs just have very impressive longevity compared to others. See Lovely by Billie Eilish do you think it's also just because of Billie that it get so many daily streams?

Anomalies don't make a standard. It's not a terrible thing having a big dedicated following that consistently supports your music, lots of artists and labels spend millions to cultivate that. I don't know why y'all are so opposed and defensive over this when it's not necessarily a bad thing :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Not you questioning official Spotify streams

Now where did I say that her streams weren't real? Just that she has a big following that's likely to influence the numbers. Is that not a good thing :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Spotify monthly listeners 

#2  Taylor Swift - 101,137,111

#118  BTS - 31,091,889 

One of them is fanbase driven and one has GP support. Guess which is which 

I thought Swifties said Spotify monthly listeners was the most useless metric ever and purely based on playlisting ? 👀

• Like 3

Just now, Finkypop said:

The question that you quoted and replied to sis…

The ongoing off topic & flamebait lemme report. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

I thought Swifties said Spotify monthly listeners was the most useless metric ever and purely based on playlisting ? 👀

Handle IT :rip:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

It is. That's why Taylor Swift monthly listeners are even more indicative of GP support given her relatively weak playlisting :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

The ongoing off topic & flamebait lemme report. 

The only one who’s off-topic here is you? This post has nothing to do with the thread but ok 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

If Rihanna released her music to Tik Tok she have nonstop VIRAL hits just saying.

I'm 100% sure you would be saying the exact same thing about Beyonce if her music wasn't available on TikTok :rip:

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

It is. That's why Taylor Swift monthly listeners are even more indicative of GP support given her relatively weak playlisting :clap3:

I kid you not y'all are literally giving us more points to the effect of what we're saying. If Taylor doesn't need playlisting (huge GP platforms for streaming) to get those numbers, doesn't that literally mean that it's mostly fans seeking out her music and listening to it? :deadbanana4:

Like one plus one just doesn't add up to two for y'all. It's astounding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Rihanna sweetie...

I'm a Swiftie before Navy but let's be f*cking serious. Swifties saying otherwise are embarrassing themselves

Edited by Taeyong
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Axelios said:

💀💀💀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

I kid you not y'all are literally giving us more points to the effect of what we're saying. If Taylor doesn't need playlisting (huge GP platforms for streaming) to get those numbers, doesn't that literally mean that it's mostly fans seeking out her music and listening to it? :deadbanana4:

Like one plus one just doesn't add up to two for y'all. It's astounding.

No playlisting isn't indicative of GP support, it's just passive listening like radio. The GP seeks out Taylor music and listen to her whole albums when they release because they are interested in her as an artist. They then pick their favourite tracks and keep listening to them regularly.

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

I'm 100% sure you would be saying the exact same thing about Beyonce if her music wasn't available on TikTok :rip:

And your 100% WRONG:rip:

Just now, lonnie said:

Now where did I say that her streams weren't real? Just that she has a big following that's likely to influence the numbers. Is that not a good thing :deadbanana4:

Taylor's big following can't suddenly make an album track go from 100M to 800M streams, otherwise this would happen with every album tracks of hers. The fact that there are such massive discrepancies among her album track streams is literal proof that some of them are indeed consumed by your average GP member. :deadbanana4:

You are acting like getting 800M streams on a non-single is possible with just fanbase support, when that's an absolute anomaly, even among Taylor's own music, and has only been replicated by Olivia Rodrigo with the biggest female streaking album ever ("Happier" w/ 930M streams). Is that one now also fan driven? :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 2

Just now, Axelios said:

No playlisting isn't indicative of GP support, it's just passive listening like radio. The GP seeks out Taylor music and listen to her whole albums when they release because they are interested in her as an artist. They then pick their favourite tracks and keep listening to them regularly.

Not at all. The average non-pop enthusiast is bound to click on some 2000s Throwback Spotify playlist than they are to actually go to the various individual pages, because they're lazier than the enthusiast. It's not like Taylor doesn't have lots of casual listeners too. It's a combination of various factors. Again the general public has the attention span of a gnat (no offense), and the possibility of them memorizing multiple random album tracks and listening to them everyday consistently just doesn't add up. They're more likely to do that with hit singles that they recall than they would random tracks they've never heard of before.

• Thanks 1

Rihanna > Katy > Taylor and it ain’t even up for debate

Edited by Ratviolo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

If Taylor doesn't need playlisting to get those numbers, doesn't that literally mean that it's mostly fans seeking out her music and listening to it?

No? GP can listen songs or albums without playlisting? All it takes is one click to artist's profile. 

This basically happened during the Midnights release. 

Midnights standart album streams - 12.3M average 

Midnights 3AM version streams - 3.3M average

This basically shows the massive difference between her fanbase streams and GP streams. 

BTS most streamed songs daily 

Dynamite - 475,499

Butter - 331,359

Run BTS - 316,580

Boy With Love - 270,736 

Euphoria - 236,277

Life Goes On - 221,749

Permission To Dance - 194,803

Spring Day - 167,942 

DNA - 148,080

This is how fanbase driven streams look like 

:clack:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

I’m sorry, but… where are the Beyoncé songs that are bigger classics than Lover? You or the other poster have yet to name them. I’m pretty sure even The Man outstreams most of Beyoncé’s ”classics”.

you suck at trolling, i hope you’re aware of that :deadbanana4: 

41 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

Pretty sad, huh? 

you and your delusions ? yes, indeed :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Taylor's big following can't suddenly make an album track go from 100M to 800M streams, otherwise this would happen with every album tracks of hers. The fact that there are such massive discrepancies among her album track streams is literal proof that some of them are indeed consumed by your average GP member. :deadbanana4:

You are acting like getting 800M streams on a non-single is possible with just fanbase support, when that's an absolute anomaly, even among Taylor's own music, and has only been replicated by Olivia Rodrigo with the biggest female streaking album ever ("Happier" w/ 930M streams). Is that one now also fan driven? :deadbanana4:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Billie and Olivia examples are mostly one/two albums as opposed to various tracks from various albums. Olivia and Billie don't have legions of fanatic-levels of stans the way Taylor does and you know this.

Taylor has lots of songs going viral on TikTok, has lots of casual listeners and a big following that consistently listens to her music. Like how is any of this false? :deadbanana4:

Better yet how is any of that a dig towards Taylor? Why are y'all so worked up over this :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.