Diamonds - 1,029,573

Firework - 491,185

Last Friday Night - 684,155 

:clack:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewStanner said:

IKYWT is totally a classic, wdym sis?

I view that more as a hit vs WANEGBT is more of a classic that era. 

Just now, Axelios said:

Halo, Crazy in Love and? 

They can’t name any others I fear :deadbanana2:

Watch them say Cuff It 

OT: Hm… Taylor 

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

The classic in the question 

Baby Boy - 129,785

Irreplaceable - 210,447

Beautiful Liar - 230,289

Single Ladies - 256,780

If I Were A Boy - 191,948

Run The World - 144,613 

Love On Top - 208,329 

Drunk In Love - 151,576

Some real classics 

Toxic - 675,030

Bad Romance - 592,432

Poker Face - 771,704 

Umbrella - 919,971

Diamonds - 1,029,573

Firework - 491,185

Last Friday Night - 684,155 

Yikes… to think that she just released a new album and went on tour too. Didn’t she perform most of these at every stop? 

1 hour ago, Finkypop said:

Literally yes. That’s the definition of a classic. Its recurrent streams are massive especially after it went viral. Welcome to statistics and the real world, where older songs that are listened to by masses literally means they’re more remembered and hence are classics

:ryan3:

Correct, they don’t compete with the ones you mentioned. Taylor’s far outdo them

And Taylor’s catalog is full of both. Sold out stadiums around the world will be belting out every word to her entire catalogue, hits and global classiques included. Many of her classics from years ago are also charting globally on Spotify. Give it up Deelishis 

I’m wondering the same thing in here, like do you all not go look at Spotify, YT, sales, your social media platforms and see her absolutely wiping the floor with everyone with her OLDER songs?  Her music catalog is sprinkled everywhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Axelios said:

It is the GP, a lot of these tracks like Cardigan and DBM gained traction through tiktok. If it was just Taylor fanbase, they wouldn't need tiktok to listen to them. DBM in particular wasn't even a fan favourite song in Reputation.

While that could be true, your point further shows that a song that goes viral on TikTok isn't necessarily a classic, especially when we already know how algorithms work and how they can be manipulated. If It's Lovin' That You Want gaining streams on TikTok doesn't make it a classic for instance. That said, still a good portion of Taylor's streams comes from consistent fanbase support. Cardigan (which was a whole lead single) doesn't compare to the tracks I'm talking about.

• Like 1

I truly don't understand if the few swifties defending taylor in here believe their own lies

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

While that could be true, your point further shows that a song that goes viral on TikTok isn't necessarily a classic, especially when we already know how algorithms work and how they can be manipulated. 

That's not compeletely right. Bloody Mary and many other songs were 10 times more viral than any Taylor track on TikTok and yet the songs failed to click with the GP and to achieve the same consistent streaming boosts. 

It's like radio, it gives exposure to songs but the songs still have to click with the GP in order to have good consumption metrics.

Edited by Axelios

3 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

I’m wondering the same thing in here, like do you all not go look at Spotify and see her absolutely wiping the floor with everyone with her OLDER songs? 

They like to dismiss this and pretend it’s just “Taylor’s fans” streaming her songs, while claiming their faves’ music is streamed by the “global GENERAL public” while getting a tenth of the plays. Where’s the bigger sized confused emoji when you need it

Edited by Finkypop
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BTW Taylor Swift is not even my favorite artist, I prefer one of the artists in the OP over her, but when all is said and done I think she’s going to have more classics than anyone else who peaked around the same time as her and I don’t think that’s far fetched to say given how long she has been having incredibly huge, impactful albums back to back to back?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, lonnie said:

This isn't necessarily true. BTS streams and sales tended to be frontloaded because they aimed for big debuts. Taylor has a big fan base that consistently supports and streams. You're absolutely delusional if you think it's some average public member streaming these non-hit Taylor tracks.

They consistently support and stream her, yet her streams are somehow absolutely inconsistent? There are Taylor album tracks with 800M streams and Taylor album tracks with 100M streams. Where is this consistent fanbase support you speak of? Cause it certainly isn't reflected in the numbers.

I keep hearing this claim that Taylor's streams are fanbase driven, yet that's never backed up with any legitimate proofs, it's all just vibes…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

That's not compeletely right. Bloody Mary and many other songs were 10 times more viral than any Taylor tracks and yet the songs failed to click with the GP and to achieve the same consistent streaming boosts

But that's exactly what a viral song is lol. A peak over time that dissipates, which shows the GP clicked with it and moved on as they actually do. As opposed to a consistent following that will stream the song consistently. The GP is often fickle, their attention spans short, and so the probability of an average person who isn't a fan going to Taylor's page and always playing a random track everyday is almost impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Care to name all Taylor’s classics? 

:celestial5:

You belong with me, today was a fairytale,love story,shake it off etc Rihanna definitely has way more recognized songs but to act like Taylor doesn't have a single song that is very recognized is just not true

2 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

For me, IKYWT felt much bigger than WANEGBT tbh.

It depends on the country. WANEGBT was one of the biggest western hits of the decade in Japan for example while IKYWT was bigger in Europe.

Edited by Axelios

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

They consistently support and stream her, yet her streams are somehow absolutely inconsistent? There are Taylor album tracks with 800M streams and Taylor album tracks with 100M streams. Where is this consistent fanbase support you speak of? Cause it certainly isn't reflected in the numbers.

I keep hearing this claim that Taylor's streams are fanbase driven, yet that's never backed up with any legitimate proofs, it's all just vibes…

What proof is supposed to be given? :deadbanana4:

I really have nothing to say if y'all legitimately think millions of non-Taylor fans are going to stream random singles everyday like Lover or her album tracks with great streaming numbers :dies:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

But that's exactly what a viral song is lol. A peak over time that dissipates, which shows the GP clicked with it and moved on as they actually do. As opposed to a consistent following that will stream the song consistently. The GP is often fickle, their attention spans short, and so the probability of an average person who isn't a fan going to Taylor's page and always playing a random track everyday is almost impossible.

Again Taylor fans wouldn't need a viral tiktok trend to start streaming one of her songs. Some songs just have very impressive longevity compared to others. See Lovely by Billie Eilish do you think it's also just because of Billie that it get so many daily streams?

• Like 1

Spotify monthly listeners 

#2  Taylor Swift - 101,137,111

#118  BTS - 31,091,889 

One of them is fanbase driven and one has GP support. Guess which is which 

:suburban:

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Halo, Crazy in Love and? 

Your obsession with Beyonce is one of the scariest things to witness on this site. 

I don’t know if I should get the mods or the FBI involved. She’s not even mentioned in this topic and you still find ways to talk talk about her…

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.