Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Bragging about piddly ass 8-10k arenas now :rip: Taylor did those size arenas in Europe, even with Speak Now. If you're using that as proof that SE Asia and Oceania used Rihanna, then your Europe drag for Taylor is null and void, especially considering those tour dates are from Rihanna's 5th concert tour after 7 albums of material :rip: 

The fact that you conveniently chose to ignore the 24K-35K capacity arenas 😂

those tour dates are from Rihanna's 5th concert tour after 7 albums of material :rip: 

The same way it took Taylor 18 years and 13/14 albums to finally sell out stadiums in Europe? :rip:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

2 minutes ago, airplane said:

LWYMMD literally tanked (#5-20) on Pop Radio and only spent 3 weeks at the top. A frontloaded smash out of the gate indeed.

Welll…. Maybe because the re-recordings are the reason why Lover’s latest single is going to be more streamed than any Rihanna song ever, dickbrain.

We don't give a single **** about LWYMMD's pop radio performance. It literally broke streaming records and sold 350k pure week 1 :deadbanana: What don't you understand? 

Cruel Summer is smashing because of The Eras Tour. Yes, I know as a Rihanna fan that the idea of a tour so huge that your catalog sees a massive boost in every metric must be a crazy thought. But it happens. Some girls are just touring forces 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, airplane said:

The fact that you conveniently chose to ignore the 24K-35K capacity arenas 😂

The same way it took Taylor 18 years and 13/14 albums to finally sell out stadiums in Europe? :rip:

There are 2 venues on that list with a capacity more than 13k :rip: Those 24k dates are multiple dates in smaller arenas sans that very last Australia one 

Congrats to Rihanna for playing similar sized venues in SE Asia/Oceania on her 5th concert tour as Taylor did in Europe on her 2nd tour while making country music though :clap3: 

Edited by Raspberries

8 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

We don't give a single **** about LWYMMD's pop radio performance. It literally broke streaming records and sold 350k pure week 1 :deadbanana: What don't you understand? 

Cruel Summer is smashing because of The Eras Tour. Yes, I know as a Rihanna fan that the idea of a tour so huge that your catalog sees a massive boost in every metric must be a crazy thought. But it happens. Some girls are just touring forces 

LWYMMD peaked at #1 due to a massive debut and ended up tanking, only spending 20 weeks on the chart (the same as Lift Me Up)

It’s okay, Rihanna doesn’t have to drop an album every two business days to have her catalogue streams resurge but it’s very much needed for artists who have had tragic recurrent streams in the past. Rihanna’s average Spotify streams have increased from 12M-20M after the superbowl and she’s set to score her biggest streaming year ever. A new tour would most likely increase them even more.

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

There are 2 venues on that list with a capacity more than 13k :rip: Those 24k dates are multiple dates in smaller arenas sans that very last Australia one 

Congrats to Rihanna for playing similar sized venues in SE Asia/Oceania on her 5th concert tour as Taylor did in Europe on her 2nd tour while making country music though :clap3: 

No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Rihanna has sold out venues in Asia+Oceania and remains one of the highest certified female artist in Australia (contrary to what you claimed).

LWYMMD peaked at #1 due to a massive debut and ended up tanking, only spending 20 weeks on the chart (the same as Lift Me Up)

It’s okay, Rihanna doesn’t have to drop an album every two business days to have her catalogue streams resurge but it’s very much needed for artists who have had tragic recurrent streams in the past. Rihanna’s average Spotify streams have increased from 12M-20M after the superbowl and she’s set to score her biggest streaming year ever. 

"Ended up tanking" being 2B+ streams across all platforms and over 1M pure sold :deadbanana: I hate to see what you would classify Lift Me Up as then 

Rihanna dropped a new album every other month for years and still nobody bought them or bothered to buy tickets to her tours - even when they were sold as BOGO deals through GroupOn :dies: Congrats on the Super Bowl though! I'm glad Rihanna finally got to experience what playing a stadium in the USA is like after all these years :clap3: 

1 minute ago, airplane said:

No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Rihanna has sold out venues in Asia+Oceania and remains one of the highest certified female artist in Australia (contrary to what you claimed).

So Rihanna playing those piddly venues after 5 tours and 7 albums = they use her, but Taylor playing similar sized venues years before the "18 year" mark you keep spouting off = she was a nobody there :dies: 

Rihanna's highest certified album in Australia is 4X Platinum. 6 of her 8 albums haven't even reached multiplatinum :deadbanana: No wonder she's never played a stadium there (even though you lied a few pages ago and said she had)

I think a lot of the confusion comes from Rihanna fans living in Europe and thinking that she is just as big in the rest of the world.

• Thumbs Down 3

5 hours ago, Raspberries said:

I would certainly hope so with 9 separate YouTube uploads, 2 versions to stream and 5 versions to buy on top of one of the biggest radio deals in history :rip:  No wonder it sunk like a rock and limped to 20 weeks. Not to mention those 3 big Barbie songs have all already outstreamed Lift Me Up - and one of them has minimal airplay 

Are the 5 versions in the room with us right now ?

You’re acting like she pulled a Taylor and released EPs, cassettes, merch, vinyls, signed CDs, remixes etc. 😭

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raspberries said:

So Rihanna playing those piddly venues after 5 tours and 7 albums = they use her, but Taylor playing similar sized venues years before the "18 year" mark you keep spouting off = she was a nobody there :dies: 

Rihanna's highest certified album in Australia is 4X Platinum. 6 of her 8 albums haven't even reached multiplatinum :deadbanana: No wonder she's never played a stadium there (even though you lied a few pages ago and said she had)

The vast majority of her Australian certifications haven’t been updated since 2015 😭 yet she remains the top certified female artist of all time there lmao

She was literally the 13th most streamed artist on Spotify Australia this Wednesday (#3 female artist) 💀

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Are the 5 versions in the room with us right now ?

You’re acting like she pulled a Taylor and released EPs, cassettes, merch, vinyls, signed CDs, remixes etc. 😭

Lift Me Up

Lift Me Up (Instrumental)

Lift Me Up - Alternate Cover 1

Lift Me Up (Instrumental) - Alternate Cover 1

Lift Me Up - Alternate Cover 2

I don't know much about algebra but 1+1 = 2

21 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

The vast majority of her Australian certifications haven’t been updated since 2015 😭 yet she remains the top certified female artist of all time there lmao

She was literally the 13th most streamed artist on Spotify Australia this Wednesday (#3 female artist) 💀

You think those forgotten messes that have literally never re-entered their charts are going to move enough units to go multiplatinum? :deadbanana: New releases barely go Platinum there nowadays

• Thumbs Down 1

Did someone in this thread really say Teardrops on my guitar was a "classic"? Im gay and i haven't even heard that song... Girl

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lift Me Up

Lift Me Up (Instrumental)

Lift Me Up - Alternate Cover 1

Lift Me Up (Instrumental) - Alternate Cover 1

Lift Me Up - Alternate Cover 2

I don't know much about algebra but 1+1 = 2

Uh that's 2 versions (original, instrumental) :lmao: 

Nobody cares about digital covers lmao she didn't release physical CDs

You think those forgotten messes that have literally never re-entered their charts are going to move enough units to go multiplatinum? :deadbanana: New releases barely go Platinum there nowadays

GGGB & Anti have both re-entered the Australian album chart this year...

It's you pushing the narrative that she's a flop in Australia when she's quite literally one of the most successful acts of all time there for me :rip: 

Spotify Australia (Oct 27, 2023)

#11 Rihanna (+2)

:lmao: and no album out in 8 years

• Like 1

@Raspberries the forgotten messes on Spotify Australia this week:

#52 Good Girl Gone Bad (+2)

#95 ANTI (+9)

#100 Unapologetic (=)

#134 Loud (+7)

:rip: and she's not lifting a finger. Hang it up!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

@Raspberries the forgotten messes on Spotify Australia this week:

#52 Good Girl Gone Bad (+2)

#95 ANTI (+9)

#100 Unapologetic (=)

#134 Loud (+7)

:rip: and she's not lifting a finger. Hang it up!

It's just her fanbase keeping the albums on repeat. The numbers are too low to mean anything in terms of GP.

Edited by Axelios
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Axelios said:

It's just her fanbase keeping the albums on repeat. The numbers are too low to mean anything in terms of GP.

Every time I think that swifties have hit a new delusional low, they outdo themselves :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

Every time I think that swifties have hit a new delusional low, they outdo themselves :deadbanana4:

I'm using your arguments. If Taylor numbers are fanbase driven because "the GP don't stream the same songs for long", then what can we say Rihanna's which are compeletely insignificant in comparison.

8 minutes ago, Axelios said:

I'm using your arguments. If Taylor numbers are fanbase driven because "the GP don't stream the same songs for long", then what can we say Rihanna's which are compeletely insignificant in comparison.

What do you think Taylor's streaming numbers would look like if she hadn't released any album or toured in 8 years ?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

What do you think Taylor's streaming numbers would look like if she hadn't released any album or toured in 8 years ?

giphy.gif

Given that her albums always had much stronger longevity than Rihanna despite more spread out releases.

Probably at least three times those of Rihanna if she stopped at her 8th album Folklore.

Edited by Axelios
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Given that her albums always had much stronger longevity than Rihanna despite more spread out releases.

Probably at least three times those of Rihanna if she stopped at her 8th album Folklore.

Except she was averaging 6M streams in 2019 and folklore would have pushed it to let’s say 10M. Again, she doesn’t have the classics to generate streams like Rihanna who keeps scoring her biggest streaming years with 8 years of musical activity. It’s only because she spammed non-stop that people finally started paying attention to her work on streaming

Edited by airplane

Except she was averaging 6M streams in 2019 and folklore would have pushed it to let’s say 10M. Again, she doesn’t have the classics to generate streams like Rihanna who keeps scoring her biggest streaming years with 8 years of musical activity. It’s only because she spammed non-stop that people finally started paying attention to her work on streaming

Rihanna had less streams than Taylor Swift in 2019. With 8 albums each Taylor compeletely obliterates Rihanna career in all metrics.

Taylor classics are what allows her to have the biggest tour of all time while Rihanna still struggles to sell out US arenas.

Edited by Axelios
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.